QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Which languages do you know?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Which languages do you know? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Umfrage: Which languages do you know?
English
Japanese
Korean
Chinese
Vietnamese
French
Spanish
Italian
Russian
Other, please state
Results
Author
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Which languages do you know?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What languages do you know> Im guessing there will be a lot of English speakers here

06.05.2011, 09:06 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Does the forum not allow multiple-option polls? The poll is a bit pointless when you can only vote for one thing.

Well, anyway, I'm only fluent in English, but I've done a few years of French in school. I also did a bit of Russian, and some Scottish Gaelic a loooong time ago. Recently I've done some Japanese at university and I'm going to continue with that, and I'm even thinking I might change my degree to it. Other than those, I know a few words of other languages here and there, and I'd like to be able to speak Danish.

06.05.2011, 09:21 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yes, multiple options for this forum would be best.

English is my native language, but (as arren said) I know a few words in a number of languages and a lot of words in Spanish. I'm not fluent in Spanish as I don't have the opportunity to paractice it although I can generally make myself understood and figure out what i am being told with a little concentration.

I speak Danish somewhat....

"Ahem, I'll have a latte and Danish, if you please..."

yeah, yeah, i know, don't say it... lol

06.05.2011, 09:42 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just the one. (english)

06.05.2011, 01:59 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Only English. Impressive, am I right?

I may be taking a Japanese course at the college I will be attending, though.

06.05.2011, 10:09 PM  
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey!!!

I just thought!!!
(yeah, yeah, even us old guys get them)

Since I will have more time to myself now, maybe I can find a local college with a Japanese language course!!!

Oh, I hope, I hope...

06.06.2011, 02:46 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
ja
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.14.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ja Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know polish, of course
on average, I know English, Russian and German.

Why so much stress?
Don't you have gains to get?
We all do, even you!
And the more you seek
The more you find, then
Love, night and rain - life is good
So try to luck and kill the pain
Tell me, do you always think you have no worth?
Find it in yourself!

06.06.2011, 08:56 AM ja is offline   Profile for ja Add ja to your buddy list
O-Jay88
Warawara

Registration Date: 11.29.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by O-Jay88 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know Norwegian (I'm from Norway) and therefore also, by default, basic Swedish and Danish, which are all very similar.

I also know English rather well, and some German, as I studied it for five years during high-school, though because it's a long time ago I've forgotten a lot .

Learning Japanese would be fun, considering the amount of words and phrases I've picked up watching Japanese film and anime.

06.06.2011, 01:09 PM O-Jay88 is offline   Profile for O-Jay88 Add O-Jay88 to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My native language is Dutch, so I'll voted ''other''
But I speak English fluently, I speak a little bit Spanish, but good enough to make myself clear. And I speak a liiiitle bit German, Finnish and French.

06.07.2011, 08:49 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Animenewbie
Calcifer

Registration Date: 10.24.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Animenewbie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I speak fluent English, Swedish and Finnish. I understand a lot of German, Danish and Norwegian, but can't really speak any of them. I also studied some Spanish but dropped it after 2 years, so I know some convenient phrases for casual situations.

06.07.2011, 10:42 AM Animenewbie is offline   Profile for Animenewbie Add Animenewbie to your buddy list
colda
Tanuki

Registration Date: 11.12.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by colda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Icelandic, English and a little bit of German, I'm still studying it. I have also studied Danish. But I know next to nothing in it.

Post last edited by colda on 06.09.2011, 11:40 AM.

06.09.2011, 11:36 AM colda is offline   Profile for colda Add colda to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There's a Polish person on here? OwO

And Newbie, I know a girl from Finland. It's ridiculous how many languages she's fluent in. XD She was making fun of the accents some other Finns have when speaking English but she doesn't have one.

Actually, my mom's uncle, because it's illegal to go berry picking wherever here, when her family went berry picking, the owner came by with a gun. Her uncle told them to be quiet so when the man asked them what they were doing with his berries, her uncle suddenly started freaking out and yelling in Finnish. XD Because he worked with a lot of Finnish people. My mom dated a Finnish man and my best friend is obsessed with Finland.

Anyhow, as for me, I know English, some French depending on what dialect you mean (I sometime read Acadien French comics) but I'm supposed to be fluent in it, I understand a good sum of Japanese, and am currently trying to learn a bit of Korean to help out a Korean boy at my school because they keep picking on him for his bad English.

06.10.2011, 04:48 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, we all know so many languages I am actually quite surprised by this

*and here's a Finland obsessed someone too, FFF ;-)

Post last edited by Kemi on 06.10.2011, 05:33 PM.

06.10.2011, 05:33 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I somehow always get wound up with Finland, and Sofia doesn't understand. XD She didn't even think many of us had heard of Finland let alone obsess over it.

06.10.2011, 07:18 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
ja
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.14.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ja Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
There's a Polish person on here? OwO

and this is a problem? xD

Why so much stress?
Don't you have gains to get?
We all do, even you!
And the more you seek
The more you find, then
Love, night and rain - life is good
So try to luck and kill the pain
Tell me, do you always think you have no worth?
Find it in yourself!

06.24.2011, 02:02 PM ja is offline   Profile for ja Add ja to your buddy list
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Like stated before, i can only speak English but i can put on a convincing German accent. Along with scottish and irish accent's.

06.24.2011, 02:34 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

He he i wish we had multiple options for polls, this poll looks so boring! The comments are interesting, but!

I am a native speaker of English, and i know a little French (which i suck at) and a bit of Korean (which i'm still learning but not too bad).

I really want to eventually be fluent in French and Korean, and then learn a bit of Spanish, Chinese and Russian.

When i'm older i'd like to move overseas, work there for a while. Haha but visas are probably going to limit me in this loL!

06.27.2011, 03:53 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

I dream of travelling and working in those countries as well..wow..must be great to see so many places in the world, make new friends, learn new languages and cultures and after all, pay for it by your own well deserved money

On-topic: I am so jealous of my uncle, he speaks 7 languages fluently and uses 3 of them in his daily life. He is raising his children mutlilanguaged (lucky kids! I wish I had the opportunity) and travels all over the world with a lovely family and a good job. Wow..

Unfortunately my family always want to stay at home and if we are going on a holiday with the family, it's like ..150 km away from my village, kinda sucks.

06.28.2011, 04:26 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks