QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - ..Random Questions..
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » ..Random Questions.. » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
Dark Totoro
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.09.08
  ..Random Questions..Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Dark Totoro Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just thought I'd make this as I reguarly splurt out random bits.

Question: Are Japanese people tiny?(No offence to the Japanese).. <= [Edited]

It's because when I read over a few of the RPG posts concerning my character I noticed that Icchan and Hikari "size" Takahashi up... Is he tall or something?

he's only 5"10', (My own real life height, this is actually quite average to me, and sometimes i'm smaller than others..)

So why is he getting "sized up"???

I couldn't imagine Icchan being smaller.. or anyone else, just thought they would be average aswell..

any answers?

Post last edited by Dark Totoro on 02.12.2009, 08:11 AM.

02.10.2009, 12:57 PM Dark Totoro is offline   Profile for Dark Totoro Add Dark Totoro to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

LMAO. :')

DT dear when you size another person up it has nothing at all to do with their height.

It's hard to describe exactly. A bit like judging a person? Working them out? I dont think I could put it very eloquently myself. But it has nothing to do with actual height.

02.10.2009, 01:00 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Dark Totoro
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Dark Totoro Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

oh.

02.10.2009, 01:05 PM Dark Totoro is offline   Profile for Dark Totoro Add Dark Totoro to your buddy list
turniphead1
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by turniphead1 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oui oui, it's more like looking someone up and down and judging someone subconciously. Can be quite an aggressive thing too, i.e. sizing someone up for a fight / argument.

Clicky

02.10.2009, 01:05 PM turniphead1 is offline   Profile for turniphead1 Add turniphead1 to your buddy list
Dark Totoro
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Dark Totoro Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Question: What 360 Games have you got?

Here's the 360 games I got:

Fable II (Completed, Absolutely Amazing)
Farcry2 (16% Completed)
FIFA 09 (I'm "Darlington" from Coca-Cola League 2)
Gears of War (Completed in Co-op Hardcore, 26/30 COG Tags)
Gears of War2 (Completed in Co-op Hardcore)
Guitar Hero III (Completed Career in Easy and Medium)
Kung Fu Panda (uhh..never mind)
LEGO Indiana Jones (1 Achievement aquired)
Need for Speed: PRO Street (So slow)

My Gamerscore is 2204 and Ive only had the 360 for 3 weeks!

Ps: I get LIVE this month so anybody wanna play any of these games, i'll definately play!!!

Post last edited by Dark Totoro on 02.10.2009, 01:38 PM.

02.10.2009, 01:37 PM Dark Totoro is offline   Profile for Dark Totoro Add Dark Totoro to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have... none. That's probably because I don't have a 360 though...

My Anime List

02.10.2009, 01:52 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
turniphead1
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by turniphead1 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Same, i also don't have any, but im not really into console / any games at mo..apart from guitar hero of course. Sigh things that really used to interest me just don't anymore..

Clicky

02.10.2009, 03:44 PM turniphead1 is offline   Profile for turniphead1 Add turniphead1 to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Japanese people do tend to be rather small, and I don't have a 360.

And in your first post, it's "are". Not "is".

02.10.2009, 04:35 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Dark Totoro
Ohmu

I'm crap at english grammar, I tend to learn other languages grammar before perfecting my own.. how stupid.

***IDEA***

This sounds completely and utterly out of this dimension but....
How about we make up are own language?
Do you think it can be done? - Call it "Ghiblish" lol..

P.S. Could someone maybe make me a Totoro SIG but a Dark one, kinda a stealthy black Totoro..
That would look cool, so, umm, please?
As you can see mine sucks eggs..
I'll pay you with an I.O.U (Independant Occupational Unit) in other words free time..

Post last edited by Dark Totoro on 02.11.2009, 09:07 AM.

02.11.2009, 08:56 AM Dark Totoro is offline   Profile for Dark Totoro Add Dark Totoro to your buddy list
turniphead1
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by Dark Totoro
I'll pay you with an I.O.U (Independant Occupational Unit) in other words free time..

Yay is that a reference to Danny Wallace's country thing?! Saw that yesterday...

Anyway, sorry but ive only just got photoshop and aren't too good with computers so i can't do sigs..

Clicky

02.11.2009, 12:45 PM turniphead1 is offline   Profile for turniphead1 Add turniphead1 to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

a language u gotta be kidding... , it would drive ppl insane with post containg at that jazzocal squish

why do some rolls have poppie seeds on them?
i thought perhaps taste came into play but they don't taste like anything really.
and i also thought it might be setting the type of roll apart from others like differnt taste variety , but i dunno does anyone else

02.11.2009, 10:55 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Taste and texture. You might not think they taste of much, but if you compare a white roll and a white roll with poppy seeds, you will notice a difference in flavour. Also, the top crust will be crunchier. And I think it's also slightly better for you.

02.12.2009, 04:23 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Dark Totoro
Ohmu

quote:
Yay is that a reference to Danny Wallace's country thing?! Saw that yesterday...

YES IT IS!!

I can't help finding it amusing, he called his country "Lovely" even though it's the size of his flat..

Oh and that poppy seed thing - Don't birds eat them? or do they eat birds?

Post last edited by Dark Totoro on 02.12.2009, 08:12 AM.

02.12.2009, 08:01 AM Dark Totoro is offline   Profile for Dark Totoro Add Dark Totoro to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

thanks Arren!!!

02.13.2009, 03:58 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
Taste and texture. You might not think they taste of much, but if you compare a white roll and a white roll with poppy seeds, you will notice a difference in flavour. Also, the top crust will be crunchier. And I think it's also slightly better for you.

Unless you have a surprise drug test later that day.

02.13.2009, 10:44 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
turniphead1
Totoro

On the all consuming poppy seed debate, i always thought that it was for authenticity..so that it looks like the baker put a bit more effort in than the norm. But i can definitely taste the difference, and i hate poppy seeds..i used to pick every singe seed off..of course i don't do that anymore..

Clicky

02.14.2009, 04:22 PM turniphead1 is offline   Profile for turniphead1 Add turniphead1 to your buddy list
Dark Totoro
Ohmu

@turnip: I do! .. can't help it!

RANDOM QUESTION: Why do you guys hate Naruto so much?

P.S Cant wait until the Afro Samurai game comes out.. looks good.

Post last edited by Dark Totoro on 02.18.2009, 09:57 AM.

02.18.2009, 09:54 AM Dark Totoro is offline   Profile for Dark Totoro Add Dark Totoro to your buddy list
Dark Totoro
Ohmu

Did you know that scientists have found similar Earth like planets outside our solar system?

Think of the odds that there might be other ghibli lovng worlds!!!

Post last edited by Dark Totoro on 02.19.2009, 08:48 AM.

02.19.2009, 08:45 AM Dark Totoro is offline   Profile for Dark Totoro Add Dark Totoro to your buddy list
turniphead1
Totoro

@DT: I think you may get some hate for your sig! As for Naruto, i've never seen any anime outside Ghibli, so im not sure

Also, i believe that there is at least some form of life on another planet out there. The vastness of space means that there must at least be one! Also, i heard that TV sends out signals into space, so there is a chance that they've seen some Ghibli!!

Clicky

02.19.2009, 12:44 PM turniphead1 is offline   Profile for turniphead1 Add turniphead1 to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

there has to be some form of life out there weather its bacteria or 8 legged badger's, me and my mates sometimes think and discuss that really in depth **** like exclaiming that the whole universes may be cells in side a bubble on a mysterious planets ocean, which is slowly rising up to the surface.
random thoughts that frankly scare me.lololol
i guess because we can not know wat truly is out there nor truly grasp anything, we just guess.

as for Naruto, ....................................................................
theirs the door *Points*

overrated faddy stuff , where the storie just jogs on the spot , just your typical crap.

02.19.2009, 09:48 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks