QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Isakaya High School - Uniform Thread
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Isakaya High School - Uniform Thread » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Isakaya High School - Uniform ThreadPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

k i think we might need an entire thread for the unis so we dont bog down the tech thread
so this is what i have come up with, they are traces of kare kano winter unis(i am aware that they are headless.)
girls

boys

now we will vote or something on colour, and style, i can do stuff with the girls skirt. or if no one likes this style, feel free to suggest another.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

08.01.2007, 04:02 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Imperfection
Calcifer

Registration Date: 07.25.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Imperfection Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

They're cool, but I think i'm gonna be the odd one of the school and not wear a uniform, or not wear one or wear the boys one if it's ok with everyone.

08.01.2007, 06:09 PM Imperfection is offline   Profile for Imperfection Add Imperfection to your buddy list
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think the Girls skirt may just be a touch too long?

Could the hemline go up a wee smidgen,..... what do you guys think?

08.01.2007, 06:17 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Imperfection
They're cool, but I think i'm gonna be the odd one of the school and not wear a uniform, or not wear one or wear the boys one if it's ok with everyone.

Uniforms are mandatory in the better Japanese high schools - the schools pride themselves on the smart appearance of their pupils and by wearing the uniform it encourages the students to behave correctly and with a certain amount of social responsibility. I did some research on this for my fiction writing and the above is definitely the case.

But that being said, you're not really being asked to wear a skirt, I'm sure you could put reality aside and role play wearing one?

What a lot of girls do in Japan apparently is wear shorts under the skirt so even doing athletic things or on windy days nothing shows.

If bare legs are the issue I'm sure the school board of governors would be okay with opaque tights.

Or if you're desperate I guess while the board of governors could have insisted on the girls shirt and blazer but your (role-playing) parents insisted on trousers for some kind of reason (such as perhaps an awkward birthmark on one leg or something?)

Either way I'm sure we can get round it in-game and let you participate.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.01.2007, 06:27 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by #1sanfan now we will vote or something on colour, and style.

The boys uniform is pretty difficult to vary, the jacket and trousers would almost invariably be some dark smart colour such as black or dark grey. However I guess a nice deep maroon colour would be quite attractive with maybe the piping in yellow or gold. To lighten it you could introduce false pockets and line the flaps of them in the gold piping too, it would just lift the thing a little, give it a bit more appeal.

The girls uniform would be themed to match the boys so I suggest either black jacket and maroon skirt (possibly a plaid design with some yellow and a lighter red in it?).

OR

The reverse of that - black skirt and maroon blazer.

I guess given the maroon theme the tie would be maroon too, maybe with a yellow diagonal flash that shows below the knot (in summer with no jacket on the boys' tie would show).

Of course in summer the girls skirt could be a different colour.

Arguing against myself I have never seen an anime series or movie that DOESN'T have the boys in black... so, whatever.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.01.2007, 06:37 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Imperfection
Calcifer

Registration Date: 07.25.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Imperfection Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Personally I'm not gonna vote or anything for uniform design, mainly because for me anything goes as long as it's not too 'out there'.
As for the trousers thing thanks Saddletank I'll choose that, currently writing up a past thingy for my character, btw does your character have to be 'normal' or can you choose something weird about them, a certain quirk?

08.01.2007, 08:13 PM Imperfection is offline   Profile for Imperfection Add Imperfection to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Quirky=Good.

Jar-Jar Binks=Bad.

They need to be human but they can be 'different'.

08.01.2007, 08:33 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm happy to wear any uniform, so long as it's decently modest for a 15-year old.

Post last edited by Mush on 08.02.2007, 02:42 AM.

08.02.2007, 02:40 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Chihiros-Dream-Boy
I think the Girls skirt may just be a touch too long?

Could the hemline go up a wee smidgen,..... what do you guys think?

Oh, I totally agree.

08.02.2007, 06:30 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Mushka
I'm happy to wear any uniform, so long as it's decently modest for a 15-year old.

I think its a given that anime school girl skirts are hardly ever modest. What we need to decide is will our roleplaying have fanservice...

It's not really relevant is it? I think we might allow a school uniform that allows some students to wear miniskirts if they wish, or knee length if they wish, or trousers - a lot of UK schools allow girls the choice of skirt or trousers.

I think we're getting bogged down in details. Perhaps each of us simply needs to use our imaginations and just have the other players wearing the kind of uniform we'd like to imagine them wearing...

Ah, that came out all wrong didn't it? Never mind. I'm not fussed either way, everyone in an anime is a hunk if a guy and gorgeous if a girl anyway...

08.02.2007, 06:44 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Since we don't actually see them the same as everyone else, does it matter?

08.02.2007, 06:46 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i dunoo, it is an idea, like it would be alot of work to do each persons character. if i had to vary lengths of skirts, im good at photoshop but im not superman. i can only do so much.

maybe we should scrap it all, and just go by a word description.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

08.02.2007, 03:19 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I'd like to see character heads on bodies at least although I suspect your intray isn't exactly overflowing with images players have sent you yet.

I'd like to see a basic uniform colour too - using your two templates above. Any personal variation can be described in words.

But I suspect we are asking the typically lazy person to do too much. I don't see anyone else suggesting a uniform either... oh well...

08.02.2007, 04:28 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah teh whole supporting stuff is kinda not really there, as we have so few consistant members.

and yes i am lazy, mostly cause after working for 8 hours i dont want to do anything. but i do have a long weekend coming up so i can recharge the batteries. in the mean time,

i think i dont want to use black for the boys uni, as i cant shade anything. so i might go for a grey or maybe a blue colour, saddles, your character is the only one getting made so far. so well see how it looks and if i can do them for more people/

Click for Gallery^^

08.02.2007, 05:39 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
J.L.Jones
Warawara

Registration Date: 06.24.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by J.L.Jones Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I usually come on daily and am logged on 24-7, i recieve emails for most posts xD its just tht the last 2 weeks have been hectic with me in Egypt! but put it this way, i got back at 2 am today and have been getting up to date with the role play since! xD I DID MY BEST!!! SORRY! =[[[

Beyond The Black Moon Lies My Soul, Covered In The Shadows Of Time, I Dwell In The Comfort Of The Night

Rage Is Like A River, Hatred As Its Current Destroying Everything In Its Path...
This Beast That Lies Dormant Beneath The Exterior Feels Strong... It Feels Good... Watch It Rise To The Surface As My Blood Boils And Anger Engulfs My Very Soul

08.02.2007, 10:56 PM J.L.Jones is offline   Profile for J.L.Jones Add J.L.Jones to your buddy list Send an Email to J.L.Jones
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Don't worry... the Silent treatment just adds to the Sensei's intimidation.

08.03.2007, 12:39 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

hey saddles check out your head so far, i put the eyes on, and they look wierd cause they dont have any colour in them, i wasnt sure if oyu wanted the same colour or not. i got rid of the piercings in the ear, and was curious to see if i got rid of the hair strand on the side like you wanted, tell me how i am doing.

Click for Gallery^^

Post last edited by Miyrru on 08.04.2007, 06:07 PM.

08.04.2007, 06:07 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Wow, that's really good. He looks just like I wanted. The eyes are fine, there's a lot of character in them. He looks strong and intelligent but somehow... lonely at the same time.

The hair colour would be quite close to Miyazawa's in the Kare Kano pix I sent. Just on the earthy side of red.

08.04.2007, 06:16 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

well, here is the final version i hope, i know i missed a little shading part on the curve in the middle part of the hair, an di think i completely missed on the hair colour, but that is just me. try this saddles, ill make the necessary revisions.

Click for Gallery^^

08.04.2007, 08:05 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Don't mind me, but I think Chiaki from TokiKake would fit that profile almost perfectly.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.04.2007, 11:34 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks