QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Desktop Wallpapers
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Desktop Wallpapers » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Desktop WallpapersPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, there was a thread like this posted a while ago, but it died, so I thought it'd be a good idea to start another one.

SO...

What desktop wallpapers are you guys using just now?

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 02.27.2008, 02:38 PM.

02.27.2008, 01:43 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We've got some rather dreary old flowery stuff in the lounge below the dado rail (fake - must remove soon!) and some weird orangey stuff up the staircase wall but mainly we just paint the walls.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.27.2008, 01:57 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saddles, you did read the title right? It specifies desktop wallpapers. This is not a thread about interior design lol.

My Anime List

02.27.2008, 02:41 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm going to take it has him being sarcastic, that was pretty funny actually

I can never really find a nice wallpaper to stick with. I have some pretty cool one right now, but I want to get a new one.

I would go for some anime paper, but I am still a closet anime fan to all my friends and then they start asking questions, and lets not go there. I think there is already a debate about the validity of anime being an acceptable passtime. I would definitely get some wtf looks, so yeah. Need a new wally...

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

02.27.2008, 02:54 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, well... my initial thought was sarcasm but you never know with Saddles...

Anyway, the wallpaper I'm using just now is a scan of Kamui - a particularly gorgeous vampire - from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. I love it, and here it is:

My Anime List

02.27.2008, 03:07 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Heres my current wally, i might make something with my Haruhi Sports series, my hockey team needs a goddess of victory right about now:

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

02.27.2008, 03:15 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hehhe hehehh that was fun!

My desktop hardly ever changes, I've had my current one for about 6 months now.

02.27.2008, 03:26 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

my desktop has erik the dog on it.

go to www.joelsalom.com and check out the vids of erik and joel salom

i hope this thread won't turn into a mac verse microsoft thread

02.27.2008, 07:28 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

@Farren, well now that you mentioned it, you started a self-fulfilling prophecy.

No Mac-PC debate, offenders will be tickled into submission.

Click for Gallery^^

02.27.2008, 08:13 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

oooo-weeee, I'd play

But I don't have a Mac so, you'd need another excuse to tickle me...

02.27.2008, 08:41 PM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami

I got sick and tired of that CLAMP look a while ago.
Chobits is still pretty good, not too over the top.
but it just got on my nerves,
I havent read any clamp stuff for years.

02.27.2008, 09:44 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

opps looks like i may have started somthing

02.27.2008, 09:50 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

No, no, I think I nipped it in the bud, but there may be a discussion on tickling in here, so I'm not sure if I made it better or worse.

Click for Gallery^^

02.27.2008, 09:54 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami

I got sick and tired of that CLAMP look a while ago.
Chobits is still pretty good, not too over the top.
but it just got on my nerves,
I havent read any clamp stuff for years.

Well, I've only read Tsubasa Chronicle, and I love that to death. I can't see myself getting tired of it so... it's all good. ^_^

My Anime List

02.28.2008, 03:38 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Haven't changed mine in months. Not even after changing PCs.

Mah dream car. Simply because, as a 1-litre turbo, it's cheap enough to own in a country where the cost of the car is only a quarter of what you pay total (engine size decides the fate of your wallet), and the turbo ensures that I don't get frustated with the engine. I've driven my aunt's 800cc China car, and it wasn't fun.

Also... am I the only one who realizes that Saddle's wallpaper isn't childsafe?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.28.2008, 12:05 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
am I the only one who realizes that Saddle's wallpaper isn't childsafe?
I think so yes. It's a picture of a female human. What's not childsafe about that?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.28.2008, 12:16 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Lol, I think we'll let Saddles off with this one. After all, it could be worse. Much worse. It's on the safe side of the borderline I'd say.

Is it weird that I only have 2 icons? And one's a DVD, therefore only temporary.

My Anime List

02.28.2008, 12:34 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I like a peaceful minimalist desktop. I delete everything off it and put all I need into one of the temporary ones. Even so "apps" which has everything I ever need has only like 20 icons in of which I regularly use about half. The two Total war game icons are only there because I'm playing that game a lot ATM. I can't bear desktops like Sanfans that are covered with clutter, bleurgh!

As to the picture - gawsh guys n gals, you can see a tiny slice of her slip. Eek! And her bra straps! OMG! Shock horror! So arrest me! I'm not allowed out!

You'd see worse in most anime you care to mention. And walking through any shopping mall in any town in the country.

Maybe they do things different where Roarkiller lives?

And my daughter has far worse pictures on her bedroom walls - half unclothed boy rockstars for example...

So, anyway, where were we... ?

02.28.2008, 01:26 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
And my daughter has far worse pictures on her bedroom walls -

For a half a second I was very worried, until...
quote:
- half unclothed boy rockstars for example...
Which is entirely normal. *sigh of relief*

Anyway, I only don't like lots of icons because they cover up some of the wallpaper. As far as I'm concerned, they're like crisp packets and broken bottles on an otherwise beautiful landscape. That and I'm an organisation freak. Although looking at my bedroom, you wouldn't think so. But my computer... sheesh, every picture is classified and filed away in folders, manga and anime are separated, I have folders for group shots, couples... everything is numbered. That's what I mean.

My Anime List

02.28.2008, 02:47 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

But that wallpaper is entirely worksafe... I'm confused now...

I need to change mine. I think it's the same as it was when we had the old thread.

02.28.2008, 02:48 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks