QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Love.
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Love. » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]
filter
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Love.Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by filter Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I decided we need a thread like this, somewhere you can just drop in and say i love............ , or talk about someone very Special, express your feelings and your dreams,

c'mon... i think i'm guna cry

( i can't beleive it, I...I have a soft spot XD)

I love a secret Someone but i can't tell you who, i wish it was that easy to say...I love you

wow a little Husky is in me after all

04.26.2008, 08:14 AM filter is offline   Profile for filter Add filter to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha, thank you, filter...

As I look at it, there's nothing un-manly about a cry... whether its just tears slowly rolling down your cheeks as you quietly weep, as I do whenever I am in the presence or "The Vietnam Wall" and start reading some of the names of the ones that died over there.

Or out and out crying at the lose of a loved one, Regardless, it's a sign of feeling... And without feeling, there is no love... As a loner growing up, I had to keep my feelings in, especially in my school years or be made fun of. That was the idea back then, that 'Real Men' don't cry... Which is a bunch of hooey! (where'd THAT word come from?).

A Real Man is not afraid to share his feelings. He is comfortable enough in his own, call it manliness (?), that he doesn't need to fear what others may think, or really even care about that aspect. If He feels the need to laugh, he laughs, to shout, he shouts, to cry, he cries... He can enjoy watching racing or boxing or hockey (miyrru) or any of the other "manly" sports and yet still weep at the reading of a good poem or while watching a sentimental movie.

I learned this through the years and got to the point where I was not ashamed to show my feelings in public. If an emergency occured, I responded to the need, afterwards, I grieved.

Love of my life? Just a very good and dear friend living in another State and my children and their children.

Hahaha, just thought that it was like Rikako and Taku (?) in the hotel... I was helping my friend move some stuff across the States and we slept in the same hotel room three nights in a row (but I used the other bed, not the bathtub, lol). We could and sometimes did, talk about anything and everything... I miss her company... We are still good friends... In fact I just sent her a card and birthday present...

Anyway, enough for a first posting...

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.26.2008, 10:00 AM.

04.26.2008, 09:55 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've only ever fell in love twice. Once was when I was eleven, from the same school, and later discovered her to be my neighbour as well. Had the most beautiful smile I have EVER seen, and probably ever will.

Also the first time I played stalker And considering that there's a picture of her online, I'll probably never be able to forget her.

Meh, first loves.

The other was a classmate of mine at 16, but I doubt it was ever love; she was a Chinese, and more importantly, not a muslim. So I basically had to give up before I even started.

Her personality? Silent like Ayanami, helpless-looking like Ayanami, but at least has some friends. Best highlight with her was when I sent her an email on one day I saw her down, and she replied back immediately the next day (aww...). I still have it btw

Btw...

@Husky: This may not be the most appropriate thing (or time) to ask, but...

... I noticed you didn't include the word 'wife' in your post. Would it be rude and insensitive to ask why?

04.26.2008, 10:32 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No, I don't mind. Thank you for asking first, though...

I was married for 27 years before I was divorced. I filed for the divorce myself. If in a Muslim country where strict Sharia was practiced, she would have been stoned. 'nuff said. I have three wonderful children from this union, so I have no regrets in that respect. My daughter converted to Islam and married Hasan and now lives in Jeddah with their seven children. Ranya; Mariam; Zainalabdeen; Aala'a; Bra'ha; Taha and Yahya. As a Muslim, I am sure that you recognize the names... more or less. I ws fortunate enough to be able to visit them in 2005, unfortunatrly in August (HOT), but otherwise a very enjoyable visit. I was 'Grandpa from America' that they had heard before but the younger one not seen. My dau came to States in '99 with the three oldest. Ranya is now 12 and Yahya 3 by Western count, not Islamic.

My oldest son (27) is in the US Navy and my youngest son (23) works for a plumbing supply company.

Now, on my own since '02, enjoying life as I can...

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.26.2008, 11:02 AM.

04.26.2008, 11:00 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If your wife was stoned, the stoner would be the wrong ones, not you or your wife. Non-muslims are not subjected to the syariah laws unless by consent. Neither would your daughter be guilty, because there's no such law for being punished because ANOTHER family member wasn't a muslim; there's just no such thing. PLUS she's a convert, of all things.

Note the term "wasn't"; if you were a muslim originally and fell out, the action would be to try and bring you back to the faith, and should every means be exhausted without success, death is the next step to prevent that person from bringing more people out of the faith.

Of course, knowing a lot of 3rd-world villages out there, they probably wouldn't know law and punishment due to lack of knowledge or distorted teachings.

Meh.

So... back to topic, ya?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.26.2008, 11:10 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
filter
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by filter Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

wow interesting story, thanks for sharing

04.26.2008, 11:10 AM filter is offline   Profile for filter Add filter to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

I had meant that if she had been, yu know...

but, ya...

04.26.2008, 11:12 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

You lost me. PM pls? (the rest of you, nothing to see here, c'mon, scatter...)

04.26.2008, 11:20 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
The other was a classmate of mine at 16, but I doubt it was ever love; she was a Chinese, and more importantly, not a muslim. So I basically had to give up before I even started.

If everyone (specifically, my parents) thought like this, I would not exist.

04.26.2008, 11:58 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
husky51
The Old Guy

This has brought memories of when I was 15 in high school. There was a girl in two of my classes and she was different from the rest of the girls in that she always wore dresses to school. And not frocks or sundresses, etc. She wore, what I would now call, evening wear type clothing. Always looked sharp and neat. We were both quiet types, well read and enjoyed talking to one another. Her and I would spend a lot of time in free period in the classroom before class just talking and getting to know one another. I often wonder what would have happened to us if my dad hadn't gotten transferred across the country at that time... She was, I have to say, the first love of my life....

I don't count Miss Truelove (her real name, no kidding) in 6th grade... That was just a dance thing...

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.26.2008, 12:11 PM.

04.26.2008, 12:09 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I remember having a crush on a person in 6th grade! (breaks out in laughter) After about a week I hated them, though. They weren't who I thought that they were... Ugh! He was so RUDE! Never mind, I'll be quiet now.

Magh. What little I knew... yay.

Post last edited by Yay! Kiki on 04.26.2008, 12:57 PM.

04.26.2008, 12:56 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

my first love was billy . she was with a circus from new south wales..and i followed her around for a three day circus festival...... ..i was only twelve lol

04.26.2008, 06:49 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Seems like that is when us kids started noticing the opposite sex... 12 yrs, 6th grade, was the same for me, with Patsy Truelove... although I think she just wanted me to buy the tickets for the 'Girls Club dance" I even had to learn to dance...

That just brought another memory...

that summer while vacationing at Ormands Resort in the mountains above Los Angeles, I met this young lady and every night at the dance session that was held for the adults, I think her name was Janet, she and I would dance to "Tennessee Waltz" or "Harbor Lights". The parents and others thought it was "cute", but we were both enjoying the heck out of the dancing... Cuddly, close in hugging while dancing... TAking breaks in the dark... talking and kissing... Totally pushing the 'LINE' for that time and era...We had fun... I think that it was the first real grown up type dancing that either of us had done... four nights of fun, then they went back to Colorado or something... sigh

04.26.2008, 08:34 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Maho_Fushida
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Maho_Fushida Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'd love to tell you some of my stories. They're not rude and are very romantic but they are VERY long, I wrote them out partly as fun for myself but mainly they were sent in PMs to a friend, so I'm not sure if it's right to share them here. I'll ask her.

04.26.2008, 08:49 PM Maho_Fushida is offline   Profile for Maho_Fushida Add Maho_Fushida to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i fist fell in love when i was eleven. It was this guy who sat next to me in class, and we kinda bonded when he neede comfort cos his gf dumped him cos he was shorter then her. he was a year older, he told me he liked me on his last day of primary school, but by the time i got to highschool in year seven he was dating her again and he broke my heart
totally over it now though, it actually makes me laugh now.
im not that into love anymore now though, unless you count bishonen.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

04.26.2008, 10:29 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
husky51
The Old Guy

Ah, don't give up on Love so soon, little one. It will come to you when you least expect it sometimes. lol

04.27.2008, 12:04 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

it sure will

04.27.2008, 12:43 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Farren
it sure will

And Farren knows...

04.27.2008, 01:08 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by Maho_Fushida
I'd love to tell you some of my stories. They're not rude and are very romantic but they are VERY long, I wrote them out partly as fun for myself but mainly they were sent in PMs to a friend, so I'm not sure if it's right to share them here. I'll ask her.

Story of how you met your current beau would be nice...

And now that I think about it, fen has one too, don't she? And Saddle is married... which reminds me, if Ayami tells one here, wonder how he would react, lol

@Theowne: Yea I know, my own grandma's chinese, albeit adopted by a malay family. But I just don't have the courage or determination to try. I'm a coward in the love game, so sue me.

@Husky: Y'know, that reminds me of a story I read in primary school. It was about this guy who reularly attended folk dances with his parents, and one day he met a blind girl. It was shocking at first, but she was as good a dancer as anyone, and hardly cared about her disability, that he started to have feelings for her.

Unfortunately, I don't know the title of the story, nor do I know what happened after that chapter (it was in a textbook, lol), but it'd be nice if someone does.

On a side note, I only found my first love because my friend had one. Talk about insincere

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.27.2008, 01:21 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmmm, the first time I fell in love was.... never.

04.27.2008, 03:43 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks