QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What Movie(s) did you watch today?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What Movie(s) did you watch today? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...    »  ]
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
Pan's Labyrinth you mean? My parents got halfway through it and then chucked the DVD in the bin. Never saw any of it myself.

Your parents really do have issues.

12.16.2008, 05:27 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Your parents threw away a masterpiece.

12.16.2008, 05:35 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Elf.

12.16.2008, 08:13 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Broken Flowers.

It's Jim Jarmusch, so of course it was great. I still need to get Down by Law on DVD.

12.16.2008, 08:33 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Small Soldiers

lol
it was on tv. i was bored.

12.16.2008, 08:45 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Fred Claus...

Don't watch it. It's terrible. We only watched it because of my mom's fiancee. He actually... really likes... movies like that.

12.16.2008, 10:12 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Madagascar 2. Story's a bit meh, but theres many laugh out loud moments.
Good fun.

12.18.2008, 05:35 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Enchanted.....

I just loved it, all those little Disney refrences were brilliant, and Timothy Spall was an inspired choice as the none-too-bright henchman.

12.23.2008, 08:32 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Went to the opera and saw la boheme.

12.23.2008, 08:48 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw The Nightmare Before Christmas for the first time. Appropriate considering the date. I've been wanting to see it since it appeared in Kingdom Hearts...

My Anime List

12.24.2008, 07:04 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It was on TV recently... I was annoyed I'd missed it. It's so good.

12.24.2008, 07:05 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Loscil
Baron

Brassed Off.

12.24.2008, 07:11 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
Brassed Off.

The sequel P***ed Off was better.

12.24.2008, 09:04 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I saw two films today, one that I got for Christmas that someone here was talking about some time ago: Azur & Asmar - The Prince's Quest. It's a beautiful film. ^_^ The storyline is quite simple, but still very nice and quite funny in parts, but what was really striking was the film's artwork... the colours were damn spectacular, and the environments were really beautiful. Just had a really individual feel.

And also, saw Mamma Mia! for the third time. I love that film to bits.

My Anime List

12.25.2008, 06:52 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

BBC commissioned Aardman short film of Wallace & Gromit in 'A matter of loaf and death'.

Brilliantly funny and I loved the climax, when they basically emulated the powerloader vs alien queen fight
from 'Aliens'.

12.25.2008, 08:02 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Shocking Asia.

Yea I know, it's banned in several countries for it's gore horror, but I just couldn't resist it when I accidentally chanced upon it for download. Frankly though, it's not really that horrifying.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

12.26.2008, 06:46 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Loscil
Baron

quote:
Originally posted by Chihiros-Dream-Boy
quote:
Originally posted by JRR
Brassed Off.

The sequel P***ed Off was better.

Yeah, but it wasn't funny at all.

12.27.2008, 07:07 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Mush
Baron

Registration Date: 07.30.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mush Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My Neighbour Totoro. First time, if you can believe it. It was good! I wasn't expecting the catbus to be so cool.

And my Japanese is getting better! I practically didn't need the subtitles.

(This also counts as my highlight of today).

Post last edited by Mush on 12.28.2008, 01:09 AM.

12.28.2008, 01:08 AM Mush is offline   Profile for Mush Add Mush to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Oldboy, again.

12.28.2008, 05:55 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
Oldboy, again.

We were discussing Oedipus in lit class a few weeks back, and someone brought the film up. A few people groaned--not a disrespectful groan, but a genuinely anguished sound. One said, "I was just forgetting the ending, and you had to remind me again?"

Just goes to show it's a truly powerful movie, although my reaction wasn't so much a groan as a shiver of horror.

Post last edited by Orphic Okapi on 12.28.2008, 10:53 PM.

12.28.2008, 10:53 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
[  «    ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks