QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Aunt/Uncle Agony (yay for being non-sexist)
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Aunt/Uncle Agony (yay for being non-sexist) » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

FFF where is the bump? Because if it's on your breasts, then it might be worth looking into. You need to keep aware of things like that, just in case.

Citizenship lessons are paying off so well :')

The only real problems I have at the moment is work load, so I won't bother comment on thatttt. I'll post a dilemna another time i'm sure

02.24.2010, 06:56 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No, not my chest. ^^; It's not a cyst, it's just.. I don't know. I would freak out having to show it to anyone. XD

Right now.. I'm having trouble moving. My stomach HURTS. I mean, I threw up Monday, a lot, but I shouldn't still feel this way, right? >.<

02.24.2010, 07:34 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Pixie
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.17.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Pixie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If I were you, I'd go to the hospital asap because that doesn't sound good. Oh and I'd also recommend whatever it is to be checked out by a doctor. Just to be on the safe side.

02.24.2010, 08:02 PM Pixie is offline   Profile for Pixie Add Pixie to your buddy list Send an Email to Pixie
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Checked it out more thoroughly, like, fully.. D: Uhh, no, it's none of that now, it's possibly an ingrown hair thingy.. I don't know. There's a reason it's there, I know what it came from, so it'll go away soon. ^^

I think I've had it before...

Right now.. I'm a weird person. My mood changes so quickly. I'm so laid back but extremely paranoid.. DX

02.24.2010, 10:30 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

FFF...
IMO:
regardless of where the 'bump' is located, if it worrying you that much, you need to get it looked at immediately and professionally. They are the only ones who can give you a straight answer with their knowledge, NOT one of your friends, which you seem leery of anyway...

I have counseled my daughter as she was growing up and a number of other girls and women during my lifetiime, starting at 16 as I have mentioned before. There is not much that I haven't heard, etc and this is my recommendation... get it checked, regardless of how embarrassing it may be, gut it out...

and good luck.

======================
Kemi, I agree with the adsvice given by Pixie and Raor.good luck to you, too...

Post last edited by husky51 on 02.25.2010, 12:03 AM.

02.25.2010, 12:03 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

It vanished. o_O;; I don't know.. I think actually shadows were playing tricks on me. ^^; But I'm a bit of a hypochondriac because of how easily paranoid I get.. oops.

Been tripping a lot lately, especially today. I know I've been rather deep in thought, but I tripped nearly... ten times in total today? Gah. That's bad.. I know why. I started to like a boy in my grade but truthfully, to like him.. is tormenting me. I dislike it, and it makes me want to cry. I don't want to be hurt, or if anything were to happen between us that my ex wouldn't try hurting him..

It's pretty.. difficult. I realized I hurt that poor fellow without returning his feelings, and now he's still after me. It makes me ignore him, because it'll be easier that way for him. I guess. It's not like I hate him, but being near him reminds me of how much it's suffocating me to be near the person I like. It's troublesome. I'll end up speaking cruel things to make him leave me alone because I'm not used to the pressure..

02.25.2010, 05:35 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Foreign Film Freak, Mirryu, Husky51, RoarKiller and Pixie:
Thank you all for the helping words. I decided to stay calm about the whole situation, I guess that's the best way to deal with problems like this. I was very afraid to post a problem like this on the forum and also afraid of being rejected because it might be too personal.. but thanks so much! I was even afraid to read it, that's why I post now, finally haha.

Well, I decided not to go to the doctor, since we only have two male doctors to choose from and I would prefer a woman in this situation. So, the last days I felt a lot better (It was just a fever I guess, trowing up, being hot and cold at the same time, being nauseous all day and night) and I could think about it. I also did some research on the internet. So now I decided to wait patiently for my next period to come, if it comes, no worries, if not I will warn the hospital (and doctor..sighs) about it, I guess that's the best way for me right now. And me and my boyfriend are also using *extra protection* for the rest of the month.
*Sighs, I feel a little embarrased to tell this to you*
Besides all this, I am not afraid of being a bad mom, it's more that I am afraid to tell news like this to the world and what THEY think (I know I shouldn't) and besides that, I am simply not ready. I want to live my life as an independent youngster at the moment, and I am also making future plans, like a serious carreer as a journalist. So...

By the way Roar: I bought a pregnancy test to be fully sure indeed. I only have to wait two weeks before I can use it, but in that way I am sure enough. Thanks for the tip! And you know what? You LITERALLY said the same thing as my parents did about the problems at my boy's place. We talked about it and solved the probs for now, and yes, I stayed calm the whole time and so did she. And yes, you are right about being different rules in every house. Thanks for the great support, you have no clue how much I appreciate this! (to all of you!)

About this problem; thanks for your help Pixie! You were right about the ideal way to talk with her. We had a one-on-one conversation, well...my boyfriend was in the car too, but he didn't talked since he already had a serious conversation about this all with his parents alone. Eventually a lot of problems of both sides became more clear and we both apologized for our bad behaviour. It was a conversation that only took like 5 minutes, she said there wasn't much to discuss anymore after two long e-mails and said she wanted to give me a new chance, to start all over. So I'm satisfied with the result, I guess I will start all over in there.

Post last edited by Kemi on 02.28.2010, 07:27 PM.

02.28.2010, 07:19 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Kemi, I am sure that i speak for all of us when I say that I am glad it is working out for you... hang in there, young lady...

02.28.2010, 09:26 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Kemi: Yeah well, your parents probably got their advice from the same source as me *cough*tv*cough*. And I didn't know you have to wait for two weeks before a test kit can detect anything. I guess it works using the same principle as checking your period?

But if you ever encounter any problem that's too big, always remember these simple steps (do I sound like a doctor? lol)

1) Identify the problem.
2) Identify the possible cause(s)
3) Compile possible solutions to the possible causes
4) When unsure, ask around, nothing wrong with that
5) Never be afraid to admit a mistake
6) Never lose your cool, it doesn't help anyway
7) Act accordingly; it won't work if you don't try in the first place.

And never, EVER, give up. There's no such thing as an unsolvable problem, it just takes longer than usual. I've been following these steps like a mantra, and they work like a charm. Heck, even keeps you stress-free, added bonus.

Remember, you either can or you can't, and if you can't, there's always someone who can.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.01.2010, 12:03 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think there are some that you can use sooner than that. But as I'm basing this off vague memories of TV adverts, maybe you shouldn't listen to me.

03.01.2010, 03:49 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think the general idea is that if you take it before you're supposed to get your period, there can be false negatives, and those aren't very fun. So the two weeks is a good thing to keep you from worrying more than you have to in the future.

@Kemi: *bighugs* I'm glad things are a little better for you, you sound a lot more positive, at least. I can definitely understand not wanting to be a mom right this minute, you deserve to live your life and have fun before you have to take responsibility for someone else.

On the bright side of things, it's so great that your bf is sticking through all this with you. ^_^

Anyways, the only thing I agonize about these days is the lack of functional and accessible time machines.

03.01.2010, 04:18 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Pixie
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.17.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Pixie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You're welcome Kemi. Glad I could help and that things seem to be looking up for you.

03.02.2010, 07:23 AM Pixie is offline   Profile for Pixie Add Pixie to your buddy list Send an Email to Pixie
Kemi
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks all yes, I'm a lot calmer now and it really helps. Yes, you can use the pregnancy test kit from the first day you should have your next period. But I didn't realized that, that's why I still have to wait two weeks (now only one and a half left) because my next period is in two weeks. But that's okay, I guess it's good to have double security check.

You really helped me out, and no, RoarKiller, you don't sound like a doctor, more like a wise man haha. But those advises are good, I'll try to follow up as many as I can.

@Fen: Yes, my boyfriend is very helpfull and caring, he always was. I am very lucky to have him (and you all!) by my side to support me.

So firstly I am going to lose the worries and enjoy my holiday next week to Austria with school.

Post last edited by Kemi on 03.02.2010, 10:17 AM.

03.02.2010, 10:16 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

First problem in a long while, albeit only a minor one.

I'm thinking of rolling back to blogspot since my attempts to fix the PHP script to mirror a blog is failing horribly, but do you think a blog on philosophy as it's main theme is a good idea? I mean I have a couple, but surely not enough for a blog. I mean, you can only have so many principles.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.11.2010, 09:48 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
husky51
The Old Guy

Roar? are you intimating that you are not a very principled person???? or rather, a man of few principles???

as for the subject matter at hand, I am glad that it has worked out the way it has.... good job, all and good luck, Kemi...

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.13.2010, 07:32 PM.

03.13.2010, 07:31 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That depends on whether you have enough material for a few good discussions. You can throw out your opinions as much as you like, but if you consider questions or challenge existing ideas, then there'll be far more to say, and it'll be much more interesting.

03.14.2010, 02:57 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Kemi
Totoro

Yep,like always I worried for nothing! I am having my period now and tbh, this is the first time I am glad with that

03.18.2010, 09:27 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
animekittynya
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.11.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by animekittynya Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Turns out that my cousin who I thought might be anorexic really is. (I think I mentioned her on the HL/LL thread few months ago...)

Apparently it's really serious and she's getting therapy and going to the doctor and all that stuff for it, but she's still in denial and not eating and I'm really really worried about her.

I know that telling the girl to eat is the last thing one should do in this sort of situation-I know what it's like when you're told to do something; the instinctive reaction is to recoil and become stubborn- but I want to do something to help her. I know it's probably not my business... It's hers and her family's concern. But her family moves around every month for her father's job and her life is very uprooted for the most part, so any sort of therapy that she goes to won't last very long. (All the moving around is what I believe began her anorexia- attempting to control some facet of her life).

She scared me the last time she came for a visit- she was so thin, and I've heard she's even worse now. (Her brother, the Informer, says she's cold all the time- she's lost that much weight.) She, of course, insists there's nothing wrong with her and that she's fine and getting enough nutrients and calories.

She'll be coming to visit in a couple of months... And I'm not sure how to act when I see her. Of course, I know I'll treat her like normal, but... it scares me.

04.17.2010, 12:59 AM animekittynya is offline   Profile for animekittynya Add animekittynya to your buddy list Homepage of animekittynya
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh gad, such frustrating happenings lately.

I have recently met up with a boy I had a fling with months ago, it was a real whim of the moment reunion, because in all honesty he's a bit odd and I didn't really see myself having romantic feelings for him again. However we met up and ended up talking for like five hours and it was really nice and sweet. Then afterwards we had a couple of these all night phone conversations till the early hours of the morning, talking about everything, even personal stuff I wouldn't usually tell anybody. The only annoying thing was I was having to initiate everything, phone calls, texts - even msn conversations! He would never say hello first, and he was poor at replying to texts. On msn he'd barely reply at all, and if he did he'd be in a bad mood or ignore what i'd asked or said to him and just say something random before dissapearing again. However I stuck with it because he was so much fun to talk to on the phone and in person.

We met a second time and once again ended up spending hours together, this time kissing and cuddling. It was really sweet and I thought it was the start of something for sure. However he was still as uncommunicative, even worse I would say, and I just felt like a nuisance whenever I talked to him. As far as my relationships usually go in all honesty i'm far more used to being chased then doing the chasing, though I don't mind making more effort I hate doing it without getting any in return. I was on the brink of giving up when he apologised for not making any effort, said he really appreciated that I was and that I was definitely not being a pest.

However after saying all this he hasn't changed his attitude in the slightest, to the point that he's actually ignored several of my texts now. I just think if he genuinely liked me, then he would want to talk to me lots, and see me more often. So today I made the decision to talk to him no furthur, just to give up on it.

I'm right to do so right?

And also, should I say anything to him about my decision? Or just retain my pride and leave it as it is? What should I say?

Erugh, help

04.17.2010, 04:11 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Darling NC...

I would say that he is showing signs of blowing you off and not interested in you enough to initiate anything with you... unfortunately, there are some people like him and he may be one... don't let it get to your pride... you can't be loved or even liked by everyone. I am surprised tho, that he let it go this far...

he may even be embarrassed to tell you after the kissing and cuddling,etc... when I was younger, I was very shy around girls and this may be a factor in his case... maybe, just an open, bare-faced confrontation (too strong a word, but I couldn't come up with a lesser alternative) once and for all with no accusations or recriminations, etc...

in any case, only you can decide just how to handle this situation, but whatever happens, you are YOU and YOU are SPECIAL...

Good Luck and hugs, whatever happens...

Husky...

04.17.2010, 06:49 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    1  2  3  4  5    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks