QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Poem/Writing/Art
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Poem/Writing/Art Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's so realistic, Aviator! I always wonder whenever I see a piece of art, how long it took to draw? I'm hopeless at art and haven't drawn anything serious for some years...

...so I wondered if you remember how long your drawing took?

I think the earth's surface is the best bit; how it seems to be moving and out of focus, compared to the spacecraft.

Thug, I don't think I've read anything more violent in my entire life... you win the award for 'most violent creation' hands down

I'd vote for sunchaser to by in charge of the world, woudn't everyone else?

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

07.22.2006, 04:47 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Feel_the_Light Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

here's a poem, it isn't mine so i take no credit what so ever. it's very good, i think. although a disturbing subject matter.

i wish i had a knife
to slash into my wrist
and fade into the blackness
with a firm and flowing twist
i wish i had a match
to burn me at a stake
and feel the fire lick my skin
and never shall i wake
i wish my car would crash
and burst into a blaze
and then i will not crawl away
i'll end these lonely days
i wish i had a gas leak
to render my breath infected
where my brain waves fade without machines
i'll never be detected
i wish i had a rope
to tie around my neck
caress my corpse in mid air and
i'll squirm unto my death
i wish i had a pool
to drown all my cries
and fill my lungs with life and death
away from all my lies
i wish i had a gun
to aim unto my head
pull the trigger at these thoughts
and render them all dead

07.22.2006, 07:27 AM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aviator...sweet drawing dude!

07.22.2006, 11:05 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
aviator
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks for the compliments guys. I actually don't remember at all how long it took do draw that. I didn't work on it every day, that's the kind of hobby where time is the last thing on your mind. I'd say from the time I started 'till the time I finished maybe a couple of months or so...

07.22.2006, 10:51 PM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

aviator that picture was pretty good. lol it took you a couple of months? my pictures i usually get done in half to 2 hours lol, no wonder i cant get them that good.

Yo howell, that poem was probably as violent as mine lol

cheers

07.27.2006, 06:21 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
LittleWing
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by LittleWing Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Here, There and Everywhere

To lead a better life
I need my love to be here

Here, making each day of the year
Changing my life with a wave of her hand
Nobody can deny that there's something there

There, running my hands through her hair
Both of us thinking how good it can be
Someone is speaking, but she doesn't know he's there

I want her everywhere
And if she's beside me I know I need never care
But to love her is to need her

Everywhere, knowing that love is to share
Each one believing that love never dies
Watching her eyes and hoping I'm always there

I want her everywhere
And if she's beside me I know I need never care
But to love her is to need her

I will be there, and everywhere
Here, there and everywhere

by The Beatles

"When you're old, all you want to do is stare at the scenery.
It's so strange. I've never felt so peaceful before."

07.31.2006, 04:00 PM LittleWing is offline   Profile for LittleWing Add LittleWing to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

some picture i drew, its called Dead Tree

08.01.2006, 07:46 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
kittycatjess
Totoro

Registration Date: 06.27.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kittycatjess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

dats cool thug wish i could draw dat gd

08.01.2006, 08:02 AM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

thank you

08.02.2006, 06:52 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
aviator
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by aviator Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I see potential, keep at it!!!

08.02.2006, 03:19 PM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

thanks man, i do intend to keep drawing & hopefully become really good at it, like art gallery good

cheers

08.03.2006, 06:23 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Azhur
Tanuki

Registration Date: 02.07.05
GondolaPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Azhur Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm currently at the page 30 of my screenplay. I rejected the Hidden Paradise-project, as it resembled too much of Goro Miyazaki's Gedo Senki. Bad luck or perhaps a sign? Who knows...

I won't reveal too much of my current project, but I can tell its name: Gondola. It's naturally much more realistic in terms of plot development, nevertheless very much out of this world. If I had to sum up the film in one sentence, it would be the longest sentence you'll ever see.

I'll post a poster of it someday. For now, I can guarantee this: the work will be done before the year changes.

Post last edited by Azhur on 08.03.2006, 07:10 AM.

08.03.2006, 07:09 AM Azhur is offline   Profile for Azhur Add Azhur to your buddy list
aviator
Warawara

quote:
Originally posted by Azhur
I'm currently at the page 30 of my screenplay. I rejected the Hidden Paradise-project, as it resembled too much of Goro Miyazaki's Gedo Senki. Bad luck or perhaps a sign? Who knows...

I won't reveal too much of my current project, but I can tell its name: Gondola. It's naturally much more realistic in terms of plot development, nevertheless very much out of this world. If I had to sum up the film in one sentence, it would be the longest sentence you'll ever see.

I'll post a poster of it someday. For now, I can guarantee this: the work will be done before the year changes.

Sounds like an interesting and very involved project. We'll be looking foward to seeing it...

08.03.2006, 03:43 PM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Feel_the_Light Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

here some more short stories.
Love Hurts

Love hurts.

It hurts so much that sometimes you feel you can’t go on.

But somewhere deep inside the hurt there is hope.

Hope that will guide you and help you through out your life.

But we never had that did we, we never found hope.

I guess it was my fault, I was too stubborn to admit it.

That’s what drove you away, my ignorance and untrusting features.

I used to tell you everything, I put you first.

But as of lately I’ve changed and was too blind to see the pain I caused you.

I never forgave my self and don’t plan to.

Sometimes late at night I wander.

I wander if you think of me, remember me before my change?

Me, I still think of you and our happiness.

And it brings tears to my eyes to see you and you’re new lover.

So happy, I wish I could’ve made you that happy.

If I could turn back time I would and I’d stay the same never change.

But I can’t, it’s time to let go accept fate and move on.

You’ll always be apart of me, I love you Daniel.

Promises

I drive slowly, remembering all those tours, photo shoots, interviews everything we done together, you seemed so pleased and happy, but you weren’t were you? Of course not, and I was to damn blind to see it, until it was too late, until you were gone.

Why? That question has crossed my mine dozens of times.

Why not tell anyone, why not tell me?

I know you were always the quiet one, you kept your emotions bottled up, but you could’ve told me, I’m a good listener.

As I reach my destination, fresh tears spring to my eyes. It’s been a year, since the ‘accident’ but I know you got drunk deliberately.

As I promised you and myself I’d keep coming on your anniversary.

Grabbing the object beside me, I make my way solemnly to your grave.

It’s practically deserted, bar a few grave keepers, but I like the quiet it’s strangely peaceful.

Silently I stand there, the tears streaming down my face. You were always the strong one never that emotional. I stare at your headstone for a while before laying the rose on your grave and a picture of us happy.

I slowly make my way back to the car, I wonder if you’re happy if you regret what you did? I know I regret not asking you what was wrong.

I loved you and never got to tell you, when the rain starts falling I suddenly realise that you’re crying, is it me? Do you love me?

And sure enough I kept my promise until my last breath. Now I see the light, it’s so bright Danny and I see you. You’re beautiful as always and I realise you do love me. Grabbing my hand you lead me into the gates of eternal happiness and bless.

Unanswered Questions

Why?

That question has been hunting me for the past two years all these unanswered questions floating around in my head.

Why did you leave me? – That’s the main one.

Did I push you away?

Did you become bored of me?

Did you get annoyed and run off?

Did you believe I didn’t love you?

As I sit here in the darkness, weighing out my options my thoughts return to the last time I saw you.

You were frustrated at something and it was upsetting you. You tried talking to me tried getting my attention but I was too ignorant to stop and listen. You always listened to me when I was upset, angry, scared, no matter what emotion I felt you always listened.

I guess I can only blame myself for your leaving, I guess you finally got feed up with me ignoring you and putting you second and for that I am eternally sorry.

Still as I sit here alone staring at your picture I still wander what the true reason was?

Swallowing hard I know I must get this over a done with, it’s now or never and to be honest I can’t wait any longer, the past few years have be long and agonising full of hurt, pain and questions, but that all behind me now, I must do it.

I love you Daniel and will always love you.

So with one last look at your picture I put the gun to my head and fire.

08.03.2006, 03:55 PM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Those are exceptional... I wish I could meet this Daniel and the narrator, if they are real people... you make us want more, make us want to plunge into the story and talk with the characters...

You don't tell us everything, and leave us to guess... you take our hand, lead us into the room, and then turn off the light. You don't let go completely, but you don't turn the lights back on either...

Absolutely stunning... congratulations Howell...

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

08.03.2006, 04:15 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

Thanks phyrra i like doing the puzzling stories here's another.

More Than Friendship

It’s beautiful, so bright, so full.

The way it throws shadows on the unsuspecting world below.

As I sit here, I wander if you’re out there watching it as well?

I know you didn’t mean what you said

You were confused and scared.

Somewhere down the line we’ll meet again, we always do.

Friendship and love are like that

They’re like a guiding light, that bring you back to the people you love.

I know that’s were it ends, I can’t love you like a lover only a friend.

But that doesn’t mean I can’t care or feel for you.

I can almost see your face in the moons’ eerie whiteness.

And that’s all I need, that’s what puts me to sleep at night and gets me up in the morning you.

Everything about you is so intoxicating, but your face is special so tender and loving.

That’s when I realise I need to tell you, I can’t live in constant fear that I’ll be found out and ruin everything.

I have to tell you I love you and if it ruins our friendship it ruins our friendship.

I love you Darren and well always love you.

08.03.2006, 04:24 PM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
aviator
Warawara

I like your change of topics Howell (what a relief)!!! for somebody who comes from a technical/physics background, these poems are real eye openers...

Post last edited by aviator on 08.04.2006, 03:32 PM.

08.04.2006, 03:31 PM aviator is offline   Profile for aviator Add aviator to your buddy list
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

thanks mate, i prefer to do the short stories that leave mysteries

08.04.2006, 03:38 PM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

hey guys, this is one that's conveying all my feelings at the moment. It's sad.

Love, what does love mean, is it meaningless or meaningful, is it good or bad? For me it was bad, it was meaningless because he didn’t feel the same way. For years I’ve loved you as a friend and so much more, but you never did and never could. With five words you tore my heart in two and shattered my soul. I still remember it as if it were yesterday.
“I need to tell you something.” I said simply as you walked through to my living room.
“Sure shoot away” you replied sitting down.
I glanced at you, an uneasy feeling in my stomach, “I…I love you.” I finally said.
I heard you gasp slightly and saw the fear and sadness in your eyes. I knew I shouldn’t have said anything.
Silently you got up and placed your hands on my shoulders, looking at me through tear filled eyes. I knew what was coming, I had prepared myself, but it still hurt. ‘I’m sorry, but I don’t.” the tears slowly began to roll down your cheeks, as you kissed my forehead and left.
I haven’t spoken to anyone in months, they tried to help, they tried to understand but they couldn’t could they, so now I’m alone. You’ve rung more than a dozen times to say you’re sorry to say that we can still be friends. Friends, how could I be friends with the one man that I desire, the one man that can never be mine. We could never be friends anymore, it would hurt too much, plus we couldn’t be as close as we were, you’ve seen who I really am and what I really want, you could never be friends with me.
I know I’ve been very anti-suicide but I see no choice, it’s either living a life full of loneliness and self-loathing, or eternal peace. The answers obvious, no matter how many innocent lives I hurt and you’re my beloved, this is what I want and what I need. I silently stare at the ocean, it’s calm and peaceful, I feel the tears silently making their way down my face and drip to the ground.
“I love you, and will always love you.”
With those final words I lift the gun and fire, the noise echoing in the still night air.

Post last edited by Feel_the_Light on 08.06.2006, 06:00 PM.

08.06.2006, 05:59 PM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
LittleWing
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.01.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by LittleWing Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

12:51

Talk to me now I'm older
Your friend told you cuz I told her
Friday nights have been lonely
Change your plans and then phone me

We could go and get forties
Fuck going to that party
Oh really, your folks are away now?
Alright, let's go
You convinced me

12:51 is the time my voice
found the words I sought
Is it this stage I want?
The world is shutting out... for us
Oh we were tense for sure
But we was confident

Kiss me now that I'm older
I won't try to control you
Friday nights have been lonely
Take it slow but don't warn me

We'd go out and get forties
Then we'd go to some party
Oh really, your folks are away now?
Alright I'm coming,
I'll be right there

by The Strokes

"When you're old, all you want to do is stare at the scenery.
It's so strange. I've never felt so peaceful before."

08.06.2006, 06:40 PM LittleWing is offline   Profile for LittleWing Add LittleWing to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks