QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Pets!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Pets! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]
BookWorm
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.01.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by BookWorm Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have three cats....Clementine (she doesn't have a tail and is aloof but sweet), Mona Lisa and Sam Libby. I didn't plan on having three, but Mom adopted Mona and her four cats did like Mona, so I took her. Sam Libby is the newest edition. She was someone's pet, but he or she threw her out of a car. So I saved her. She is cute and crazy.

11.01.2008, 11:37 PM BookWorm is offline   Profile for BookWorm Add BookWorm to your buddy list Send an Email to BookWorm
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No pets at the moment, last two were a Black Lab 'River', she died and 'Brandy' a Rottweiler rescued from an abusing home. I had to be firm with her because of that. She growled at my youngest son once when he tried to brush her with a dog brush to get rid of her winter coat. I got on the ground with her, brushed her and when she started to growl at me, I corrected her and held to the ground and bit her ear... It is the way a female corrects her litter and I was asserting Alpha Male status over her. Never had any more problems, but she still never really liked the brush...

Over almost 27 yrs of marriage, my ex and I had over 175 cats, numerous dogs, rats, mice, snakes, rabbits, a hamster and guinea pigs... used to have a list of their names, but lost it over the years. My oldest son still has the last of the batch of cats that we had, 'Highlander'. Youngest son has a dog and a ferret.

11.02.2008, 03:18 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have umm, 2 cats. Both are black and white. One is beautiful, extremely fluffy and perfectly tempered. Quite honestly the cutest cat ever and her name is Willow. The other is called Bentley (I dont remember why?) but I call him 'Bezzer', Willow is his mum but apart from fur colour they are nothing alike. Whilst she is long furred and dainty he is HUGE, muscley and has short fur. He's also cross-eyed and has a bent tail (probably the reason for his name.). He's not a very attractive cat but has his own 'Thomas O'malley' kinda charm.

I also have a crazy dog called Finnley, nicknamed 'Fi' who I taught to dance and is nuts. He likes to bark at the wind a lot He's a white Jack Russel and has massive brown eyes and likes to follow me around the house.

On november the 8th my chihuahua puppy is being born It'll need to stay with its mumma for 6-8 weeks though. But then I get it! xD Its parents are long-haired, fluffy and pretty so it should be too. Eek *excited*

I'm not going to go into pet history because there is FAR too much of it in my family

All i'll say is I once had a silver fish called Casper who was my first pet who I had for 3 days until he got caught in the plastic shrubbery in his bowl. He would've been able to escape if he could swim backwards so i asked my mum if fish could. Swim backwards that is. She said yes. Turns out, she was wrong. SO Casper the fish became a ghost!

11.02.2008, 08:23 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
turniphead1
Totoro

Registration Date: 10.09.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by turniphead1 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ooh i forgot to mention before that we also have quails! I've no idea why my dad bought them, because he was bored probably, but maybe because their eggs are worth quite alot;Yay we've got the makings of our very own farm! Theyre sorta like brown chickens, except far more stupid...yesterday i picked one up and put it on a perch we keep to shelter them, which is just a few inches off the ground...when i came back next day it was still there cos it hadnt worked out how to get down...

Yay, dumb animals are so cute

Clicky

11.05.2008, 01:24 PM turniphead1 is offline   Profile for turniphead1 Add turniphead1 to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have a couple cats.

One thinks that he is a king. Seriously, like more so than any other cat ever. He's particularly fluffy. ^.^

And the other sits about upstairs all day, and never comes down. She also is rather fat... ah well!

Yay!

11.05.2008, 10:17 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
BookWorm
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by BookWorm Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My kitty Clementine thinks she is queen. She sits on a chair in the living room and reigns over the other two kitties as they play.

11.05.2008, 10:40 PM BookWorm is offline   Profile for BookWorm Add BookWorm to your buddy list Send an Email to BookWorm
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BookWorm
My kitty Clementine thinks she is queen. She sits on a chair in the living room and reigns over the other two kitties as they play.

hahaha, just for a point of fact, a female cat is referred to in animal research, etc, as a 'queen' and a male is a 'tom'...

Why this is so, I haven't the foggiest idea...

11.06.2008, 01:05 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
turniphead1
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by turniphead1 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Had some bad pet related news today . We keep quails in the same aviary sort of thing with around 6 budgies; and the budgies are attacking the quails! They jump down onto their backs and just cling on while the quail runs around frantically and flapping its wings..apparently, its not a vicious thing, the budgies just do it for fun..

@Husky- why an earth do you know so much about animal research for cats?

Clicky

11.06.2008, 03:37 PM turniphead1 is offline   Profile for turniphead1 Add turniphead1 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Because I am 62 yrs old and have done a lot of different things in my lifetime including attending a sememter in an adult Lab Animal Technician class. It was located WAYYYYYYYY out in the mountains and I had to kill three hrs each day waiting for the class to finish to bring the students back to civilization, so I enrolled just for something to do. I have a certificate somewhere that qualifies me as a Junior LabAnimal Techie... Which means that I can shovel the S*** with the best of them... lol

Rat turds
Bat turds
Little doggies loggies...

Cat sands
Budgie bands
Horsies do a pile...

Turkey stuff
Duckie fluff
All for Kiki's floor...

Chicken eggs
Froggiel legs
Serv'm all together...

11.08.2008, 05:08 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Dark Totoro
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Dark Totoro Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow thats quite profound!

11.10.2008, 11:35 AM Dark Totoro is offline   Profile for Dark Totoro Add Dark Totoro to your buddy list
turniphead1
Totoro

Hmm, a poem all about excrement, I dont fancy dinner anymore! But at least it illustrates your point..and quite graphically too!

"Serv'm all together" - ewwww lol

Clicky

11.10.2008, 12:24 PM turniphead1 is offline   Profile for turniphead1 Add turniphead1 to your buddy list
BookWorm
Calcifer

Husky...Well, Clementine likes the idea that she can "officially" be referred to as the queen!!

11.10.2008, 09:37 PM BookWorm is offline   Profile for BookWorm Add BookWorm to your buddy list Send an Email to BookWorm
husky51
The Old Guy

@turniphead...

"Serv'm all together"

That only referred to the froggie legs and eggs...

11.10.2008, 09:42 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
turniphead1
Totoro

Thank goodness for that, you don't want to see the mental image that had created

Clicky

11.11.2008, 01:20 PM turniphead1 is offline   Profile for turniphead1 Add turniphead1 to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Husky
"All for Kiki's floor"?!?!?!?!

You weren't talking about MY floor, were you?!

11.11.2008, 06:06 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have 1 cat, two kittens, two parakeets (One boy and one girl), 3 pigs, and lots of sheep. Sadly all my Bante chickens got slaughtered. Curse that mystery chicken killer!!!!! AHHHH!!!! I feel so sorry for my chickens. We had a whole lot too.

Check out my music:

Post last edited by Tea Master Tall on 11.11.2008, 11:13 PM.

11.11.2008, 11:11 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Yay! Kiki
@Husky
"All for Kiki's floor"?!?!?!?!

You weren't talking about MY floor, were you?!

Hey, you're the one with the broom, right???

@Mr. Tall...

When I was between 10-12 and living in Long Beach, California on the western outskirts of town, we had a large backyard and raised chickens, ducks, turkeys and rabbits. Didn't think about them until I read your post, Mr. Tall, thanks for the memory... I think, lol

Hated cleaning up the duck pen, woof, smelly!!! like you wouldn't believe. tasted good tho, the ducks for dinner, that is. lol We raised them for our own use, mainly, but I would occasionally go around the surrounding neighborhoods selling rabbits, dead or alive. I won't go into the details of that... or any of the rest, either.

Meh, never thought about it before, but I guess that is where I first got my taste, so to speak, of animal husbandry...

Kept a couple of them for pets, tho...

11.11.2008, 11:42 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
farrell403
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 11.12.08
  My pet.Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by farrell403 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have a girl dog called Abbey. She's a 13 year old west highland terrier. She's really cute and has always reminded me of a miyazaki or disney dog.

11.12.2008, 05:57 PM farrell403 is offline   Profile for farrell403 Add farrell403 to your buddy list
turniphead1
Totoro

Hi, welcome to the Tavern!
Ive always wanted a highland terrier!! Theyre the cutest type of dog in my opinion, but i dont think my parents will allow a dog in the house at the moment

Clicky

11.12.2008, 06:21 PM turniphead1 is offline   Profile for turniphead1 Add turniphead1 to your buddy list
Cherry
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cherry Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Awahh I used to have a hamster it was the cutest thing ever (I guess i say because it was mine? Neh.. xD)

but it died a few years ago. ;_;

actually i killed it but by accident actually

but since then i got no pets >.<

Sig made by Miyrru! <33

11.25.2008, 10:56 PM Cherry is offline   Profile for Cherry Add Cherry to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks