QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Post your random thoughts here!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Post your random thoughts here! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...    »  ]
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Roarkiller - You have not yet responded to my request to have my account permanently deleted (and hopefully all 19 of my posts). Unless for some reason this cannot be done, please respect my request to do so. I would believe this is within my rights and as a former forum moderator/administrator know it requires only a few simple clicks to complete this task.

I am not leaving to be scornful. I am merely endeavoring to remove my internet presence - knowing that after a few more rounds of Google indexing cached versions of my posts will be gone and only the blank "." messages remaining.

If some of you think this is abnormal, so be it - I am a more private person now than I was 5 years ago. That is the sum and substance of these requests for deletion. It has nothing to do with being embarrassed. I run an animation blog. I do not worry about my name being connected to cartoons. I just want to eliminate the virtual 'Neal' and live only in the physical world.

So yeah - if you could delete what I wrote to you, Aaron and if you could delete my account, Roarkiller - it would be a very kind thing for you two chaps to do for me out of respect for my desire for privacy.

Thank you both. Thanks, also, to everyone showing concern for me. It is unnecessary.

Post last edited by on 07.31.2013, 03:51 AM.

07.31.2013, 03:07 AM  
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Also, I am sorry that deletion of old posts bumped all of those threads. I have never seen that occur on a forum before. I did not mean to spam.

07.31.2013, 03:15 AM  
Koda
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.09.13
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Neal
I am disappointed that you would repost this response here. It is your right, I suppose, but it also feels unethical and a bit of a betrayal. Especially since you posted it here for the world to see before even responding to me yourself.

I had the distinct suspicion there was a surreptitious purpose for why I was contacted - that there was a fear that the deletion of my posts meant I was planning my death or something dramatic.

I was also bewildered by the bloviating in Aaron's email knowing that my 17 posts in question were all generic. Certainly nothing lyrical or velvety. However, I love to bloviate myself and felt a beautiful letter deserved a beautiful response no matter what the intentions.

Regardless,

Roarkiller - You have not yet responded to my request to have my account permanently deleted. Unless for some reason this cannot be done, please respect my request to do so. I would believe this is within my rights and as a former forum moderator/administrator know it requires only a few simple clicks to complete this task.

Aaron - I do not know if you are just having a laugh at my expense or what the deal is, but I would appreciate it if you could respect me and remove my response to you above.

I thought better of you all than this. I was not leaving to be scornful. I am merely endeavoring to remove my internet presence - knowing that after a few more rounds of Google indexing cached versions of my posts will be gone and only the blank "." messages remaining.

If some of you think this is abnormal, so be it - I am a more private person now than I was 5 years ago. That is the sum and substance of these requests for deletion. It has nothing to do with being embarrassed. I run an animation blog. I do not worry about my name being connected to cartoons. I just want to eliminate the virtual 'Neal' and live only in the physical world.

So yeah - if you could delete what I wrote to you, Aaron and if you could delete my account, Roarkiller - it would be a very kind thing for you two chaps to do for me out of respect for my desire for privacy.

Thank you both. Thanks, also, to everyone showing concern for me. It is unnecessary.

That letter, you replied with was truly a work of literature. I do thank you for the link again, I plan to see that tonight. I guess the concern was, it was rather unusual on this forum, as in it had never happened.

With such few active members, things go around rather fast. I don't know if it were sarcasm, but I generally do think people were just wondering. I don't feel it was to poke fun, nor was it to take a hit at your new persona.

We all have our choices, you have clearly made one that will better you for the future.

"Experience is merely the world, given to our mistakes"

I like that quote, it has served me for years. I too have been a member of forums, for years since the age of 13.

I am also of the age of 17, maybe I could become you in the future, who knows ?. I can understand, I have deleted stuff before, so my future can't be judged, by my past.

07.31.2013, 03:21 AM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Neal, your response has been removed. Hope you realize no disrespect was intended; I was genuinely impressed by your letter and thought it deserved to be shared. However, I also understand your desire for privacy. I apologize for acting without permission.

07.31.2013, 04:03 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aw, I missed it.

My Anime List

07.31.2013, 04:36 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wasn't aware there was anything private to be leaked of in the first place, and honestly your presence wasn't much to begin with.

Also, I don't come here everyday, nor do I check my PM everyday, nor am I obligated to do so, or even respond to this request for that matter.

Lastly, if you had just waited a while more, maybe I would have seen the PM and just quietly removed it without fuss. That you had to exert effort to personally edit your posts and actually respond to others here when you claim to want to remove your online presence is an oxymoron; your existence now exists in other people's posts.

And attracted more attention then if you had just waited.

Do I sound insulting? I dunno, but I'm very frank with people. I draw a very thick line between a request and a demand, however soft a demand it may be.

Right now, your response just makes me want to refuse it.

Also, about rights. You don't have any. None of us do. It's the internet for god's sake, not the United States of America and their constitution.

You know what, I'll just do it for the heck of it. But next time, please just wait. A little patience goes a long way. Yours isn't the first request of this nature (surprisingly), and I don't expect it to be the last. And I don't like to edit people's posts unless absolutely necessary, so besides the email in Orphic's posts, everything else will remain as is.

To Orphic Okapi:

I didn't see it before, but posting someone's email isn't very nice. I realize that it can be seen by looking at one's profile if the user allows it, but that constitutes as effort, whereas now any spambot can more easily harvest that email. And that's not good. If there has been a precedent, it just means I missed it.

A lot of other things I wanna say, but let it be just this for now.

Also, End of Discussion from my end.

07.31.2013, 04:58 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, that sure escalated.

07.31.2013, 05:37 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

finally got everything.

for once i really thought orphic was NOT joking.

yeah it is a incident to remember and never seen roar to be that serious. LOL

and i too think removing a internet presence is just not practical. It is that reason why i integrated my virtual presence with my physical one. my facebook name even has the saviour identifier which is now a primary medium i contact my teachers and friends, for family i use phone. and i use it everywhere i need a username. and as i am same in virtual world just like how i am in real life. i will try to maintain it like it is and i do not believe in fake personality.

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

Post last edited by saviour2012 on 07.31.2013, 06:53 AM.

07.31.2013, 05:56 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This thread literally made me lmfao DDDD

Why do I always miss the fun?

07.31.2013, 09:50 AM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
This thread literally made me lmfao DDDD

Why do I always miss the fun?

Made you literally LYFAO? D: Oh man, I hope the surgeons are able to re-attach it.

My Anime List

07.31.2013, 10:45 AM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

/facepalm.
Shush Kaz.
Shush.

07.31.2013, 11:59 AM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, this I think is about the weirdest thing I have ever seen on the internet, and I've seen some weird shit. The Tavern is a really amusing place to be.

Neal - no-one has a freaking clue who you are and no one cares. Posts on some random web forum will not get anyone invading any of your privacy. Seriously.

By doing what you've done you've blown up something that was 100% lost and forgotten and invisible into something that some people might now post on their blogs titled, "hey I saw some weird guy do some weird thing the other day...".

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.31.2013, 01:25 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Koda
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Koda Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I am glad, I was here to witness, what could be the biggest mind blow . I read everything, luckily.

Can I also mention Neal PM'd me ?, so his presence isn't private. He gave me contact details as well ?.

I do thank you all for the entertainment, even if it weren't intentional.

07.31.2013, 02:23 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Between this and the lovely Lilian, there seems to be a rise in odd things happening here lately.

07.31.2013, 04:28 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I blame the hot weather. And maybe the school holidays.

Someone wanting privacy while handing out their contact details, that's stylish.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.31.2013, 05:09 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Koda
Ohmu

Wants people to leave him alone, gives out contact details. Oh well he didn't seem like a bad guy.

It's since I came here humm, I've brought the plague, it's started .

07.31.2013, 05:23 PM Koda is offline   Profile for Koda Add Koda to your buddy list Send an Email to Koda
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

07.31.2013, 06:32 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh no, nothing really.

*whistles, slips away*

Post last edited by Orphic Okapi on 07.31.2013, 07:56 PM.

07.31.2013, 06:42 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Its incidents like these that make me love the Tavern. It's unique.

08.01.2013, 06:20 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A note to those who want to become anonymous after not being so: It's not going to happen. If it's any consolation, recent revelations concerning the NSA demonstrate that even those people who take measures to ensure anonymity won't be able to achieve it. The best one can hope for is to get lost in the noise.

08.01.2013, 09:59 AM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
[  «    ...  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks