QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - facts any random facts
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions facts any random facts Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...    »  ]
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hallo Thomas!!!
@Roar
Wow.. really?
Fact - I am a super hero.

06.11.2008, 08:24 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Fact- i have a blind cocker sapanuel/springerspanuel 9 and a half year old dog called chocolate which i received on my eighth birthday..

06.11.2008, 08:36 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Wow, fen. You ARE a Canadian, right? Well at least you know that there's no mail on Sundays, which is pretty standard is most places anyway.

I am. It's just we've gotten packages delivered on Saturday but that was from private couriers so...yeah. I knew there wasn't mail on Saturday...just had a stupid moment, kay?

Random this day in history fact, from a local city paper...

Troy was sacked and burned.

06.11.2008, 09:52 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Fact- Yay is awesome.

Fact- I am spamming. Sorry... I can stop.

06.12.2008, 12:06 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
frigidchill
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.13.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by frigidchill Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Fact: I question the legitimacy of 'spam'.

<shudders>

06.12.2008, 06:26 AM frigidchill is offline   Profile for frigidchill Add frigidchill to your buddy list Send an Email to frigidchill
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Errg... I hate the actual spam... I am never... never... ever.. ever... going to eat it... ever... but yay!

06.12.2008, 10:39 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There are three popular false etymologies of the word "SPAM ".

The first, promulgated by Canter & Siegel themselves, is that "spamming " is what happens when one dumps a can of SPAM luncheon meat into a fan blade.

The second is the backronym "sh** posing as mail."

The third is similar, using "stupid pointless annoying messages.

Another false etymology is the Esperanto interpretation:
The term spamo (with the o-ending designating nouns) makes sense as "senpete alsendita mesaĝo", which means "a message sent to someone without request".[

Is this enough SPAM for you Kiki???

06.12.2008, 11:50 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Yes, yes, i said that I would stop!!

06.13.2008, 05:15 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
seasprite
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.22.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by seasprite Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

nobody i know knows nobody who speaks esperanto

06.14.2008, 08:37 AM seasprite is offline   Profile for seasprite Add seasprite to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

So everybody you know... everyone *they* know, speaks esperanto - meaning you do?

Early Beatles facts:

In May 1960, the then-"Silver Beetles" toured northeast Scotland as a back-up band with singer Johnny Gentle, whom the band had met an hour before their first gig. For the tour, the often drummer-less group secured the services of Tommy Moore, who was considerably older than the others. Moore left the band soon after the tour and went back to work in a bottling factory as a forklift truck driver.

06.14.2008, 09:49 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Okay seriously, who bothers with Esperanto anymore anyway? English is already the most widely used language in the world (Chinese and Hindi/Tamil/whatever are concentrated in China/India, not counted).

Fact: If you shoot at a helicopter's fuel tank, it will NEVER blow up. The foam inside, used to prevent fuel from sloshing around, prevents buildup of flammable gas (the main component for fuel fires), hence preventing explosion from ever happening.

06.14.2008, 10:15 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think that would depend what you shot it with

06.14.2008, 11:03 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hit what they call the 'Jesus" nut and you're in trouble anyway... That's the main nut that holds the rotary wing assemble together...

The average American/Canadian drinks about 600 sodas a year!

06.14.2008, 03:13 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i think the average american/canadian
needs to branch out and get more creative if thats the case

06.16.2008, 03:34 AM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
frigidchill
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by frigidchill Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You can easily re-create the expensive taster of Ferraro Roche by melting down some Nutella and mixing it a bag of cheap, 20p rice crispies from Tescos.

06.16.2008, 06:05 AM frigidchill is offline   Profile for frigidchill Add frigidchill to your buddy list Send an Email to frigidchill
seasprite
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by seasprite Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

sorry all-- my last post WAS gibberish wasn`t it?

once and for all----ELEPHANTS DO NOT HAVE FOUR KNEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at the front they have modified wrists just like horses and all other quadrupeds

@ farren----thats more than 10 a week!!

06.16.2008, 07:49 AM seasprite is offline   Profile for seasprite Add seasprite to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by frigidchill
You can easily re-create the expensive taster of Ferraro Roche by melting down some Nutella and mixing it a bag of cheap, 20p rice crispies from Tescos.

I strongly get the impression that you might have actually done that when you needed some Ferrero Rocher to give someone but had no money!

06.16.2008, 08:31 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
frigidchill
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
quote:
Originally posted by frigidchill

I strongly get the impression that you might have actually done that when you needed some Ferrero Rocher to give someone but had no money!

Haha! I wish I had but no, I only used it when I wanted some cheap stuff for myself.

06.16.2008, 08:52 AM frigidchill is offline   Profile for frigidchill Add frigidchill to your buddy list Send an Email to frigidchill
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Fact - haha, it's sunny!!

06.16.2008, 01:49 PM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
seasprite
Ohmu

you WILL NOT DIE by being painted gold allover...humans do not breath through their skin(thats insects) but if the paint isnt non toxic you could absorb enough toxins to develope blood poisoning

and the actress who plays Kate Janeway in "voyager" is no relation to Katherine Hepburn

06.17.2008, 08:05 AM seasprite is offline   Profile for seasprite Add seasprite to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks