QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Whats the Weather Like today Where you live
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Whats the Weather Like today Where you live » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...    »  ]
Howmany
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Howmany Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
[By the way, I heard that in England the weather is not hot and comfortable in summer and not so cold in winter. To us Japanese, that sounds like paradise. Is it right?

no if you live in southern japan then imagine the weather patterns for the island of hokkiado the northern most island which is on the same longtitude or lattitude(i forget which )as the UK we have similar weather patterns can get up to 35 degrees C in summer but only for a day or two winter gets down to -5 at night and about 1/2/3/ degrees during the day.

it's a plesant autumnal afternoon

09.27.2006, 10:28 AM Howmany is offline   Profile for Howmany Add Howmany to your buddy list Send an Email to Howmany Homepage of Howmany AIM Screenname: Howmany YIM Screenname: Howmany
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wet. And windy.

Need I say anymore?

09.27.2006, 03:15 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, definitely..
LOADS MORE!!!

09.27.2006, 03:17 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
furs
Totoro

Registration Date: 09.23.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by furs Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

When i arrived here in NZ (Wellington) last May - it was cold. Understandable since that's winter. But, It's now pushing October and it's still sooo cold.

09.27.2006, 04:10 PM furs is offline   Profile for furs Add furs to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

you from new zealand, or just visiting??

09.27.2006, 04:22 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
RealityBites
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.18.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by RealityBites Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

beautiful spring day and I'm on holidays from college.... ahh how wonderful

09.27.2006, 11:10 PM RealityBites is offline   Profile for RealityBites Add RealityBites to your buddy list
furs
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by furs Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by JRR
you from new zealand, or just visiting??

Working as contract. Ill be outta here before xmas.

Post last edited by furs on 09.28.2006, 04:00 AM.

09.28.2006, 03:59 AM furs is offline   Profile for furs Add furs to your buddy list
mistystriker
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mistystriker Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Its moo! It is cloudy and I am bored at work

09.28.2006, 05:41 AM mistystriker is offline   Profile for mistystriker Add mistystriker to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

cool id like to go to NZ someday.. at the moment. too far away!!
Japans firts far away place ill go, definitely!!

So weather here..dunno: Im in my dark romm doina Cowboy Bebop Marathon!!!

09.28.2006, 11:42 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
furs
Totoro

Yeah. NZ is a cool place to visit JRR. Come over, my friend's son needs more playmate!

09.29.2006, 03:43 AM furs is offline   Profile for furs Add furs to your buddy list
Mononokehime
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.25.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mononokehime Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, well your'e lucky! 8] It's puring here in Scotland and its about 3 degrees and it has been all day. I had to wear my parka and my fleece and my scarf in the house and my umbrella was never down.. It's depressing.

09.29.2006, 11:25 AM Mononokehime is offline   Profile for Mononokehime Add Mononokehime to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

YO!!!

quote:
Yeah. NZ is a cool place to visit JRR. Come over, my friend's son needs more playmate!

WTF?? How old do you think I am....??
Better dont answer that question??
if your friends son is not more than twice as old as your mental age, then hes too immature for me!! SORRY AMIGO!!

09.29.2006, 01:15 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
furs
Totoro

How harsh. Im hurt right there!

Now gimme love!

10.02.2006, 12:58 AM furs is offline   Profile for furs Add furs to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

YO!!
I can give you love, but not the kind of love you were hoping for.. hehe
*JRR gives Furs Black a reconciliation hug*

Post last edited by Loscil on 10.02.2006, 03:22 AM.

10.02.2006, 03:22 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
furs
Totoro

I knew you couldn't resist my sexyness! 8]

10.02.2006, 03:50 AM furs is offline   Profile for furs Add furs to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

I thought I'd revive this thread after personally degrading it a year or so ago. Used to be pretty popular.

Right now we have Calima, which (I live on the Canary Islands) is a hto wind that comes from the sahara and brings a lot of heat and dust.
Heres a short article in Wikipedia on it:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saharan_Air_Layer
and heres a pic:
http://www.logicalscience.com/skeptic_ar...ges/sahara2.jpg
My island is the top one of the two on the far right.

Right now its 38°C in the shade and I am melting.

Post last edited by Loscil on 10.22.2007, 11:16 AM.

10.22.2007, 11:12 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Amori
Kodama

Registration Date: 09.24.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Amori Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*sighs* I just woke up and dont want to get out of bed because its very cold and foggy outside. Darn work! *shakes fist*

10.22.2007, 11:17 AM Amori is offline   Profile for Amori Add Amori to your buddy list Send an Email to Amori Homepage of Amori AIM Screenname: Chelzaya
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

right now its sunny and warm, very peculiar, far from a normal October day

10.22.2007, 03:23 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Right now a strong front of thread necromancy is moving across the region.

It's also dark.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

10.22.2007, 06:58 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's been rainy, which is great considering we're in a class four drought (whatever that means) It's supposed to rain all week (one can only hope)

10.22.2007, 07:02 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks