QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Song I made
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Song I made » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Song I madePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I was fooling around with Audacity on my computer the other day and decided to try to make a song with it, entirely out of samples. Well, it was fun trying. The dope rhythm in question can be downloaded here. Be warned, if you are suffering from immunodeficiency it may be best to stay away, because this beat is seriously ill.

I'm so sorry.

Samples were taken from the In the Mood for Love soundtrack album, Ethiopiques by Mulatu Astatke, and from Strictly Turntablized by DJ Krush. I apologize for the inexplicably large file size. I have no idea why it is 15 MB.

Post last edited by Orphic Okapi on 07.08.2010, 12:56 AM.

07.08.2010, 12:56 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh nice! I really liked this. You should definitely play around some more.

07.08.2010, 04:57 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks! I'm glad someone enjoyed it. I've received encouragement elsewhere and am now considering possibly making an album in this vein.

07.09.2010, 09:00 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's an interesting sound, I would love to hear more of it if you went through with that idea!

07.09.2010, 10:29 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

New song!

Figured out why the last one was so huge - it was a .wav file. This one's an MP3 so it's a much more reasonable download, if you want to download it. The link should let you listen to the song without downloading though.

http://www.supload.com/listen?s=p1Spvh

This one uses clips from an old radio show called The Shadow and has a very creepy vibe. It also features a fantastic beat from DJ Spooky and a violin sample most of you should be able to recognize!

Post last edited by Orphic Okapi on 07.22.2010, 09:59 PM.

07.22.2010, 09:58 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
blackice10
Tanuki

Registration Date: 07.17.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by blackice10 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

wow . . . Reminds me a bit of DJ Shadow, very trip-hop ! Keep up the good work and if you're quick i'll have the CD as the backing track to my post-Xmas party shenanigans

1. I am never wrong.

2. If I'm ever wrong, refer to rule 1.

Be excellent to each other

07.24.2010, 04:52 PM blackice10 is offline   Profile for blackice10 Add blackice10 to your buddy list Send an Email to blackice10
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I meant to have a listen ages ago and just completely forgot. Aaanyway, I've listened to them now, and they are really cool. You should do more! I might have a try at doing something similar. Also, I came across a site that could be of use to you: http://www.drumsamples.org/

09.02.2010, 07:04 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks