QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - James Cameron and David Fincher to do new Heavy Metal movie.
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » James Cameron and David Fincher to do new Heavy Metal movie. » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Kodama

Registration Date: 10.02.10
  James Cameron and David Fincher to do new Heavy Metal movie.Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by HarryCanyon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's right, the 1981 cult animated Sci-fi/horror/fantasy classic which is based on the popular adult comic book magazine getting a semi-reboot/sequel coming in 2012. Filmmakers like David Fincher and James Cameron are co-directing and co-producing the movie as it will have 10 segments this time with Zack Snyder, Guillermo Del Toro, Gore Verbinski, Jack Black and Rob Zombie doing some stories with 3 more directors to be announced plus be more based on the original comic stories than the 1981 animated movie which had a few stories based on the comics.

This movie will incorporate different animation in each segment such as 2D traditional animation, CGI, Clay, Stop Motion, Flash and anime. They should hire Yoshiakta Kawajari of "NInja Scroll", "Wicked City", "Animatrix" and "Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust" fame for a segment, WilL Vinton for a Clay segment and Henry Selleck of Nightmare Before Christmas fame for a stop motion segment.

I'm a huge fan of the 1981 animated movie since 18 years ago when i saw it on TBS at age 12 with Vampire Hunter D, Robot Carnival, American Pop, Rock and Rule and Hey Good Looking, loved them and even bought HM when it finally came to video even uncut and uncensored when i was 15 then later replaced it with the DVD. One of my animated film faves and the soundtrack by both Elmer Bernstein and the rock bands were awesome i own them too but too bad about HM 2000 which stunk but i did subscribed to HM magazine since i was 17 and even have some old issues.

Afterall James Cameron is a huge fan of the original 1981 movie and the comic magazine. Afterall the original HM movie and the comics influneced The Fifth Element and Avatar. This movie can prove that animation isn't all for kids in America like Beowulf, Waltz with Bashir, and some of Japanimation proved.

11.09.2010, 01:47 AM HarryCanyon is offline   Profile for HarryCanyon Add HarryCanyon to your buddy list
miyazki_eternal
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.08.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by miyazki_eternal Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

sounds wild.

I like anything with Jack Black in it.

12.13.2010, 01:07 PM miyazki_eternal is offline   Profile for miyazki_eternal Add miyazki_eternal to your buddy list
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by miyazki_eternal
sounds wild.

I like anything with Jack Black in it.

The same goes for me

12.14.2010, 05:34 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks