QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Why Northern Ireland Kicks Ass!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Why Northern Ireland Kicks Ass!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.19.06
  Why Northern Ireland Kicks Ass!!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Endless Twilight Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

1. The community spirit behind sectarianism on both sides...

2. We beat england 1-0 and made a song about it...

3. We have 5 seasons; as well as autumn, spring, summer and winter we have the riot season (also known as the marching season)...

4. We have more terrorist organisations than the middle east...

5. The home of harp; the pint we call our own...

6. We are so good that the English ripped off the look we call a steak and called it chav...

7. The home of the petrol bomb...

8. Average time you will have your wallet in the centre of Belfast is about 35 seconds...

9. The only place where you will have your car stolen and the thieves will try to sell it back to you...

10. We enjoy a challenge e.g. if you lock your house up we will rob it but if you go out and leave your front door open and windows open we will not touch a thing, cuz its no fuckin fun!

11. The only country where people will fight over Rangers and Celtic and not know any players in the teams...

12. The riot squad are that good that they train the English police riot squads...

13. The average teenager can make at least 3 diffrent types of explosive...

14. The average pregnancy age is 13.5...

15. The only country germany are afraid of, lol...

02.02.2007, 05:54 PM Endless Twilight is offline   Profile for Endless Twilight Add Endless Twilight to your buddy list Send an Email to Endless Twilight Homepage of Endless Twilight
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Not much to be proud of there then

I can think of dozens of reasons why Ireland is a beautiful place that I'm determined to go back to some day. You don't list any of them.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 02.02.2007, 07:11 PM.

02.02.2007, 07:10 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Feel_the_Light Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah Nothern ireland to me is quite 'bad' for want of a better word, i know i live there and all but i don't like it bar, the amazing scenery i swear i love the scenery absoultly beautiful, but then again i am a big nature person.

02.02.2007, 07:14 PM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Little Tanuki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is a true story (not made up joke.)

A Baha'i friend of my mum's was in a church group, where one of their group went to Ireland and UK to talk about the Baha'i faith.

At the end of the talk, they said, "Any questions?" (as you do) and one guy raised his hands and said,

"That's all very well, but are you a Catholic Baha'i or a Protestant Baha'i?"

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

02.02.2007, 09:33 PM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
Cloud
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cloud Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Germany is afraid of???
I did not know that

6 Years ago I was there on holiday, so I dont think that we was afraid.

I luv the susuwatari^^

02.03.2007, 04:09 AM Cloud is offline   Profile for Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A lot of that is true, but at the same time, it does give a very offputting image of Northern Ireland. Some of it is a little exaggerated, I have to say. However...

quote:
Originally posted by Endless Twilight
The only country where people will fight over Rangers and Celtic and not know any players in the teams...

I found this quite amusing, because I understand it.

Post last edited by arren18 on 02.03.2007, 05:56 AM.

02.03.2007, 05:56 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
one word describes this post:
random
wTF?

02.03.2007, 11:17 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Howmany
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Howmany Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well technically russia is the home of the molotov cocktail/petrol bomb.
practically everyone beats england at sports so nothing special there.
most of the other stats could be applied to any major urban area kentish town in London you'll have your bike stolen in 30 seconds.
you'd get shot on stonebridge estate in about 30 as well.
urban decay is universial

02.05.2007, 12:04 PM Howmany is offline   Profile for Howmany Add Howmany to your buddy list Send an Email to Howmany Homepage of Howmany AIM Screenname: Howmany YIM Screenname: Howmany
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks