QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Opposites
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Opposites » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  OppositesPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

word game. someone posts one thing and the next person has to post the exact opposite, and explain the opposite.
e.g light ---- dark.

wrong. light is the absence of dark not the opposite of dark.

up ---------- down.

correct up cannot be down in any possible way, as of saying "up" is away from the earths centre point of gravitational pull.

mmmmk so opposite to be::::

the tooth fairy.

cheers

02.20.2007, 02:43 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Grinch.

Next: Smilies.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.20.2007, 06:09 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

frownies lol

or to be more smart like about it, i could say verbal pronouns, as a smiley is a visual representation not used in language and used to describe an emotian whilst a verbal pronoun is a verbal communication used to replace a noun.

next: cake

02.21.2007, 03:59 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
how is there an opposite for cake???? salt... best i could come up with... take this! mouse

02.21.2007, 06:13 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
kitkat
Calcifer

Registration Date: 01.23.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kitkat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Rat ?? i dont get this game

02.21.2007, 07:12 AM kitkat is offline   Profile for kitkat Add kitkat to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Basically you try to find a word that best fits the opposite of that word. Like mouse <-> cat.

So yeah, cat.

Well than, in that case: speakers.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

02.21.2007, 10:20 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
tamasaburo
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tamasaburo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

silencer on a gun as speakers make things louder a silencer silences.

new word master

02.21.2007, 01:31 PM tamasaburo is offline   Profile for tamasaburo Add tamasaburo to your buddy list Send an Email to tamasaburo Homepage of tamasaburo
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

inept

(someone who is a master of a subject is the opposite of someone who is inept at it)

tank

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.21.2007, 05:45 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

flowers
flower power, no war! yadda yadda.
Next: space.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

02.21.2007, 09:33 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Moroko
Tanuki

Registration Date: 10.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Moroko Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A jar of pickles (because their acctually packed tighter than sardiens)
But if you mean outer space, then
Inner space (like body systems)
Next: Envy

quote:
Once you accept that all the matter in the universe can be compressed to the size of a push pin, it isn't hard to wear stripes with plad.
Albert Einstine

A distraction

02.21.2007, 11:00 PM Moroko is offline   Profile for Moroko Add Moroko to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Luuuuurve

Monitor screen

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

02.22.2007, 09:43 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

eyes

Your eyes are opposite the monitor, watching the screen.

sun

02.22.2007, 01:36 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Georgia
Tanuki

Registration Date: 02.20.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Georgia Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

moon

Next: plantpot

Damn right i wonna trade cards,
I trade you,
But not my Charizard
Thanks to studentcartoonist for the drawings!

02.22.2007, 06:25 PM Georgia is offline   Profile for Georgia Add Georgia to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

oxygen canister

a plantpot contains earth, and an oxygen canister contains air.

beginning

02.23.2007, 06:21 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

an ending is just a new beggining so im gonna go with apocalypse, the ultimate ending.

next: music

02.23.2007, 06:38 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

screamo rock
the natural opposite of music

dark

02.23.2007, 06:42 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
emperor squirrel
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by emperor squirrel Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

the opposite of dark is light.
i disagree with you I-B4-E, just as light is the absence of dark, dark is the absence of light. ergo, dark is ultimately not light. being connected (as logic dictates opposites must be - you can't just say cake is the opposite of light, because they are not connected) - so, being connected, dark is the opposite of light as it is its absence, its polar opposite.
next: shame

02.23.2007, 09:52 AM emperor squirrel is offline   Profile for emperor squirrel Add emperor squirrel to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

pride.

. .
. .
. .

anime.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.23.2007, 06:31 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

american music.

and emporer squirrel,,,,,,

in theory there would be a blacklight, the opposite of light, sort of like dark particles instead of light particles. a torch that would shine a beam of darkness. and this darkness wouldnt be just plain old absense of light, it would be the complete and equal opposite of light. but since there isnt such thing (i reckon it exists its just those stupid scientists havnt found it yet) my theory is flawed. but ill prove it one day lol

next: art

cheeers

02.23.2007, 10:59 PM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

modern art
nuff said.

noise

02.24.2007, 07:07 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks