QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What are you reading right now?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » What are you reading right now? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  What are you reading right now?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thought i might as well go with the trend and start this one. just curious to what people are reading righ tnow. mostly casue i want some new material.
currently im reading The Silmarilion and Book of Lost Tales I both by Tolkien.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

02.23.2007, 10:31 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Terry Pratchet - Theif Of Time.

i started reading it yesterday

and im gonna finish reading it today

cheers

02.23.2007, 10:38 PM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
I finished readin Ramahs recommendation a week ago.
books 1-4 from A song of ice and fire by George RR MArtin..

READ IT NOW!! That is some really good stuff!

When I finshed that, a friend lent part 2 of "aaargh i forgot"..
aanyway, it was called Last of the Wilds by Trudi Canavan..

twa pretty good. Finished that 5 days ago.. Am currently listening to podcasts on my ipod to bide my time..

*need to find a good book*

02.24.2007, 06:24 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ptolemy's Gate by Jonathan Stroud just now. I've got plenty to get through though.

02.24.2007, 07:08 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
kk-on-keys
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kk-on-keys Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I haven't read anything in SO LONG.

The last thing I read was The Cure's autobiography.

02.24.2007, 08:11 AM kk-on-keys is offline   Profile for kk-on-keys Add kk-on-keys to your buddy list
Howmany
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Howmany Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

the trail of socrates--plato (non fiction)
the gambler-- F.M. Dostoevsky

02.24.2007, 10:18 AM Howmany is offline   Profile for Howmany Add Howmany to your buddy list Send an Email to Howmany Homepage of Howmany AIM Screenname: Howmany YIM Screenname: Howmany
OnYourMark
Warawara

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by OnYourMark Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A Tolkien Reader, by JRRTolkien

I have to THE FREEDOM WRITERS DIARY soon.

"Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" -Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775.

02.25.2007, 04:18 AM OnYourMark is offline   Profile for OnYourMark Add OnYourMark to your buddy list Homepage of OnYourMark AIM Screenname: OnYourMarkItsumo
Sunchaser
Totoro

Registration Date: 02.22.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Deerskin by Robin Mckinley. Finished it in 3 hours...I read really fast...weird, but good book...now off to the library to find another!

First signature made by kittycatjess. Thank you so much!
Second signature also made by kittycatjess...it's our joint sig!
Third signature made by mpw3d . Thank you!

02.25.2007, 08:34 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A Clockwork Orange, the full 21 chapter version.

02.25.2007, 08:38 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Registration Date: 02.22.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh! And I'm reading Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde...not by choice...I have to read it for school..it's really confusing. And then I have to write an essay about Stevenson's (Robert Louis Stevenson wrote the book) use of duality...wtf?? *sighs*

First signature made by kittycatjess. Thank you so much!
Second signature also made by kittycatjess...it's our joint sig!
Third signature made by mpw3d . Thank you!

Post last edited by Sunchaser on 02.25.2007, 08:40 PM.

02.25.2007, 08:40 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
xx_vampiregirl_xx
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.13.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by xx_vampiregirl_xx Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Sunchaser
Deerskin by Robin Mckinley. Finished it in 3 hours...I read really fast...weird, but good book...now off to the library to find another!

Hmm, I'll have to check that out. I've read Sunshine by Robin McKinley, and I really liked it.

Right now, I'm reading Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

VERY good

My name is Kat
>^_^<

DeviantART

02.26.2007, 01:21 AM xx_vampiregirl_xx is offline   Profile for xx_vampiregirl_xx Add xx_vampiregirl_xx to your buddy list AIM Screenname: xVampirekatxx YIM Screenname: xx_vampiregirl_xx
PlasticMedia
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by PlasticMedia Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Under the Bridge by John Nowak, along with three other books but I'm not really interested in them. Soon I'm gonna reread either Dune by Frank Herbert or The Lord of the Rings.

02.26.2007, 03:49 AM PlasticMedia is offline   Profile for PlasticMedia Add PlasticMedia to your buddy list Send an Email to PlasticMedia
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

just finished kamikaze girls. i read beauty by robin mckinley good stuff. and now i am reading african exodus about humans originating from africa.

02.26.2007, 06:38 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A bunch that I forget what their called for Literacy.
I need help.*yawn*
And reading over what I've written lately. Um..when
did i become so gory and scary in my writing?
Freaky..
And some other stuff.

02.26.2007, 07:59 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Cloud
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cloud Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hermann Hesse- Siddharta
very very exciting and so deep!
I nearly ready and can recommend it to everybody!

I luv the susuwatari^^

Post last edited by Cloud on 02.27.2007, 08:20 AM.

02.27.2007, 08:15 AM Cloud is offline   Profile for Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list
Georgia
Tanuki

Registration Date: 02.20.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Georgia Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

TRYING to revise for a german exam tommorow.
Not happening though because i seriously cannot be arsed.

Damn right i wonna trade cards,
I trade you,
But not my Charizard
Thanks to studentcartoonist for the drawings!

03.07.2007, 02:53 PM Georgia is offline   Profile for Georgia Add Georgia to your buddy list
tamasaburo
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tamasaburo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

just finished vampirates and starting the doomspell trilogy.

03.07.2007, 05:45 PM tamasaburo is offline   Profile for tamasaburo Add tamasaburo to your buddy list Send an Email to tamasaburo Homepage of tamasaburo
xx_vampiregirl_xx
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.13.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by xx_vampiregirl_xx Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Tithe by Holly Black

My name is Kat
>^_^<

DeviantART

03.08.2007, 12:17 AM xx_vampiregirl_xx is offline   Profile for xx_vampiregirl_xx Add xx_vampiregirl_xx to your buddy list AIM Screenname: xVampirekatxx YIM Screenname: xx_vampiregirl_xx
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Little Tanuki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by #1sanfan
Book of Lost Tales I by Tolkien.

I love that one.

I'm reading "Classical Mythology" by Barry B. Powell and "The Raven Warrior" by Alice Borchardt (About Guinevere and Launcelot.) And "Return of the King" in Japanese for the challenge.

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

03.08.2007, 03:35 AM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
Howmany
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Howmany Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The discourses of epictetus books 3&4

03.08.2007, 10:07 AM Howmany is offline   Profile for Howmany Add Howmany to your buddy list Send an Email to Howmany Homepage of Howmany AIM Screenname: Howmany YIM Screenname: Howmany
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks