QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - HORROR
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » HORROR » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.18.07
HORRORPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calcifer619 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi everyone, Im an avid horror movie fan and i was just wondering if anyone new any really good ones?

Any suggestions?

05.09.2008, 04:58 AM Calcifer619 is offline   Profile for Calcifer619 Add Calcifer619 to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OK, I'm way into Asian horror, so here are some of my recommendations, and please note that although a number of these films have been remade by idea stealing american pig-dogs, I am ALWAYS refering to the Asian original!

The Ring Trilogy, obviously! Esp. Ring and Ring 0, Ring 2 is good, but not great.

Ju-On The Grudge - I swear that this is the single scariest film I have ever seen in my life, seriously, it took me like a year to completely get over the sheer terror incited by this film, so you have been warned!

Premonition - not strictly a horror, but great none the less.

The Eye - amazing!

Audition - a film from the ever fabulous and ever twisted Takashi Miike, the ending will make you squirm!

Versus - a comedy horror about Japanese zombies...brilliant!

Phone - a solid Korean horror.

A Tale of Two Sisters - some truly creepy moments.

R-Point - a Korean horror set during the war, quality!

Ichi The Killer - again not strictly a horror, but so full of much blood, guts and weirdness, you won't even notice!

Hope this helps dude! (^-^)

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 05.09.2008, 07:29 AM.

05.09.2008, 07:28 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by SpiritedSen
OK, I'm way into Asian horror, so here are some of my recommendations, and please note that although a number of these films have been remade by idea stealing american pig-dogs, I am ALWAYS refering to the Asian original!

The Ring Trilogy, obviously! Esp. Ring and Ring 0, Ring 2 is good, but not great.

Ju-On The Grudge - I swear that this is the single scariest film I have ever seen in my life, seriously, it took me like a year to completely get over the sheer terror incited by this film, so you have been warned!

Premonition - not strictly a horror, but great none the less.

The Eye - amazing!

Audition - a film from the ever fabulous and ever twisted Takashi Miike, the ending will make you squirm!

Versus - a comedy horror about Japanese zombies...brilliant!

Phone - a solid Korean horror.

A Tale of Two Sisters - some truly creepy moments.

R-Point - a Korean horror set during the war, quality!

Ichi The Killer - again not strictly a horror, but so full of much blood, guts and weirdness, you won't even notice!

Hope this helps dude! (^-^)

OMG SpiritedSen when did you come back onto the forum?

I haven't seen you around here in ages...

05.09.2008, 09:37 AM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Toolfan1912

OMG SpiritedSen when did you come back onto the forum?

I haven't seen you around here in ages...

Hey toolfan1912, long time no chat, lol! Came back on Friday, I just missed all the Ghibli chat and the good peeps on this forum I guess! It's good to be back! (^-^)

05.12.2008, 04:49 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Calcifer619
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calcifer619 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Some of those sound good Spirited sen thanks for the info

05.12.2008, 02:16 PM Calcifer619 is offline   Profile for Calcifer619 Add Calcifer619 to your buddy list
Super Dollfie
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.12.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Super Dollfie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like the "Japanese Classic Horror"-style films of Shindô Kaneto (Onibaba, Kuroneko) and Kawamoto Kihachirô (Oni, Dôjôji) but I'm defiantly not a horror fan in general – real life is more than scary enough for me! I suppose that I must like this specific genre of it so much because it allows me to experience the "fun" of horror (if you can call it that ) but the setting is so distanced from reality that it what happens in it can only be scary, not disturbing.

05.16.2008, 09:52 PM Super Dollfie is offline   Profile for Super Dollfie Add Super Dollfie to your buddy list Homepage of Super Dollfie
Yay! Kiki
Baron

Registration Date: 04.06.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Yay! Kiki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Agh... I hate horror... why do you want that stuff in your head anyway?

05.17.2008, 03:25 AM Yay! Kiki is offline   Profile for Yay! Kiki Add Yay! Kiki to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks