QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Message board reminiscing
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Message board reminiscing » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Message board reminiscingPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I kind of just looked at my profile for some reason today and realized that ive been on this board for almost 4 years. I cant believe its been that long, I dunno, maybe this thread is totally going to get spammed, but maybe post a memory or something from teh past the we seem to have forgotten about.

EDIT: Might as well post a memory,

Remember when we used to talk about anime? Haha, ah... the good ol days...

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

Post last edited by Miyrru on 01.30.2010, 03:17 AM.

01.30.2010, 03:15 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
HataZaki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 12.10.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by HataZaki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is a great thread.

I can't believe I have been here over a year, but I am grateful for this site. Ghibli and the tavern are great ways to escape from my real life dramas and just be free and peaceful. Studio Ghibli is my happy place.

My favorite memories here:

- The first time I found it, and the excitement of reading all the the threads and seeing all the different opinions.
- The first elimination game. I took it way too seriously, but I'm kinda glad that I put so much passion in it.
- Not sure if anyone remembers MiyaTaka, but we became great friends over Ghibli and registered at the same time. It was so much fun discussing Ghibli and discovering the tavern together. Unfortunately we have since fallen out and she no longer posts here.

01.30.2010, 04:09 AM HataZaki is offline   Profile for HataZaki Add HataZaki to your buddy list Send an Email to HataZaki Homepage of HataZaki AIM Screenname: - YIM Screenname: -
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Remember when we used to talk about anime? Haha, ah... the good ol days...
Full Moon wo Sagashite, lol. The only anime the "anime club" discussed.

I was here when it opened. But that would be one helluva old story to tell.

I have a bad memory, so I can't really remember many things in detail. But I guess the RPG was a pretty good memory. It's too bad we'll never see the end of the story, though, but it was good while it lasted.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.30.2010, 04:23 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Holy sh*t, I've almost been here four years too. O_O;;

No one can believe I'm turning 16 in less than two months. ^^;

Mm, remember when you all thought I was a complete and utter nutball? XD

01.30.2010, 11:07 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ive been here about 3 years, but I guess I don't visit as often as I used to. I think the tone of the forum has changed a bit over the years? Maybe it's just me.

01.31.2010, 12:15 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak Mm, remember when you all thought I was a complete and utter nutball? XD

I thought we still do?

Anyway, it's probably because of the waning interest, Theowne. The RPG brought about huge interest and participation, which in turn brought in the crowds.

So if we could have another event like that, that'll be swell.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

01.31.2010, 02:28 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It would be need a new event, but i think what it was is that everyone got older and started more intense school so that started to take more of our time, i think we all kinda grew out of it, which is a shame.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

01.31.2010, 02:32 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Maybe that's part of it. And it doesn't seem like there was much "new Ghibli fans" coming into this forum who were dedicated enough to keep having long discussions.

That's another thing, I feel like there used to be more serious discussions going on here, both Ghibli and non-Ghibli. I remember some pretty involved debates regarding various topics, like politics or religion....and Ghibli, of course. Haven't seen that sort of thing happen anymore.

I guess that's more the reason why I drifted away from this forum and more towards places like Animesuki.

Post last edited by Theowne on 01.31.2010, 03:06 AM.

01.31.2010, 03:06 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
HataZaki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 12.10.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by HataZaki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I haven't been here very long, so I'm unaware of what the Tavern was like in the early days. But there's something special about the Tavern that keeps me coming back. Maybe it's that everyone's so nice, or that Ghibli is such a pleasant subject to talk about. I agree that some people are stressing through school at the moment, but I see the Tavern as something that can keep me sane. I look forward to finishing school at the end of the year so I can post here more regularly.

quote:
I remember some pretty involved debates regarding various topics, like politics or religion....and Ghibli, of course. Haven't seen that sort of thing happen anymore.

I would love for discussions like this to take place! Maybe we should start a new thread and discuss something? Lady Gaga's new hairdo, anyone?

I also thing part of the problem is the nostalgia goggles. A lot of the time, when we look back on things, we long for it to be the way it used to. Even if it hasn't necessarily changed that much. People often say "the grass is always greener on the other side." I like to say, "the grass always used to be greener."

I still have much faith in the Tavern.

01.31.2010, 03:26 AM HataZaki is offline   Profile for HataZaki Add HataZaki to your buddy list Send an Email to HataZaki Homepage of HataZaki AIM Screenname: - YIM Screenname: -
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@FFF.... You're not???!!! lol

Hard to believe that I've been here for almost two years now... I greatly enjoy the Ghibli Studio movies and thru them finding the Tavern... I seem to be the oldest one (age wise) in the forum and thank all of you for putting up with the 'Old Guy' all this time. Interacting with you has given me an outlook on our younger generations and I have enjoyed, and will continue to enjoy, the good people in here. I miss a lot of the people that used to be here, but realize that life goes on and priorities and circumstances change...

Through your comments, I have come to find and enjoy many, many other animes as well as Ghibli, but Ghibli will always remain #1 in my book...

Thank you, Ghibli Tavern (dang it, getting emo )

Post last edited by husky51 on 01.31.2010, 12:19 PM.

01.31.2010, 11:49 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Tavern is my home on the internet. Seems silly getting sentimental over a website, but then it's not about that is it? It's about of all the people here, all of you. Feels like I can always come back here, am always welcome. So much has happened to me in these three years, I'd hardly recognise the person I was when I first joined here. I've grown up here. Funny to think back then, I had to ask my Dad's permission to join. This was only my second internet forum. I had my first roleplaying experience here, I remember when I was a lil' friendless loner, I'd go to the computer room at school at lunchtime to type up my posts for the Isakaya RPG, be checking the thread three or four times a day for new posts. I miss that time. Even though I finally have the friends, I'm so much more unhappy than I was then. The dreaded teen angst I guess, even if I hate calling it that.

My Anime List

01.31.2010, 12:54 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I meant that I've changed for the better since then, right, Husky and Roar? XD

I know that sentimental feeling. It's quite.. bittersweet and strange. Since I joined here, when I was 12, I've changed a heck of a lot, especially in real life. I think I'll need to thank this place for that.

Also, I just crossed the three year member list on the second forum I joined. It makes me feel weird..

I haven't been coming online as much as before. Because I'm constantly into learning about musicians (I might possibly try to be an indies artist, but nothing popular. I just thought it'd be cool to give that a whirl and see what I can do.) and writing. There are also people elsewhere who don't leave me alone and drive me away..

01.31.2010, 01:56 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hahaha, it's all right, FFF, we still love ya and we would never drive ya away from the Tavern.....

would we , people.....?

huh, would we ???

people.....?

(snicker)

01.31.2010, 11:55 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami
The Tavern is my home on the internet. Seems silly getting sentimental over a website, but then it's not about that is it? It's about of all the people here, all of you. Feels like I can always come back here, am always welcome. So much has happened to me in these three years, I'd hardly recognise the person I was when I first joined here. I've grown up here. Funny to think back then, I had to ask my Dad's permission to join. This was only my second internet forum. I had my first roleplaying experience here, I remember when I was a lil' friendless loner, I'd go to the computer room at school at lunchtime to type up my posts for the Isakaya RPG, be checking the thread three or four times a day for new posts. I miss that time. Even though I finally have the friends, I'm so much more unhappy than I was then. The dreaded teen angst I guess, even if I hate calling it that.

That was a pretty moving post

Growing up is tough, there are no more years in your life like it i think. From someone like me who threw away all those years, all I can say from here on out is that teen angst is a myth, dont feed it or give it life or it will exist. Throw yourself into experiences and savour them, i wish i could redo the past 7 years. Redo high school and university, but its not possible, i wasted that time and am trying to scramble now to try and salvage anything from it. Im open for pms if you want, i am a sorrow expert

Click for Gallery^^

Post last edited by Miyrru on 02.01.2010, 12:06 AM.

02.01.2010, 12:05 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Good thread!

4 years myself... , I have fond memories of the signature competitions we used to have, and some of the other members that have since vanished that I used to get on well with.

I don't really post here much myself I know, my life at the moment is like ground hog day, I get up go to college, come home go to work, come home do college assignments then sleep and repeat... .

02.01.2010, 05:58 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

3 years in the fall, I think? Something like that. Haha, I've never stuck around a message board for so long or kept coming back to one even when I don't post as much. There's definitely something about the Tavern that feels like home.

I miss our spam parties...the crazy flurry of everyone posting. And also, the massive threads discussing some more serious topics...those always entertained me. Oh, and some people that I haven't seen in a while...Mushka, Harmony, and Seiji to name a few.

quote:
Originally posted by Toolfan1912
my life at the moment is like ground hog day, I get up go to college, come home go to work, come home do college assignments then sleep and repeat... .

Urgh...I know the feeling, except with less sleeping, clubs/teams and such replacing work.

02.02.2010, 02:47 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Miyrru
pms

Teehee.

quote:
I miss our spam parties...the crazy flurry of everyone posting.

Ah, me too... It bothers me when I think that I missed out on a lot of the really fun ones too.

02.02.2010, 01:15 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, in eight days time, it'll be my four year birthday on the Tavern. That's crazy I must've joined when I was twelve. Wow, that seems so long ago. As a person who has grown up a lot in a short period of time, I mean a lot - too much I think - it is so strange to think of it that way. Of all the fascinations and websites I have taken up, the Tavern is the only one to last. Even though I post only perhaps three times a week, I still check it daily and always come back. I think that's kind of amazing. These days i'm so piled down with coursework, and when i'm not doing coursework i'm seeing friends, that my bond to the Tavern is actually bizarre when I think about it. I make time for it like nothing else. I'm not sure what first drew me here, but it has kept me here for a quarter of my entire life. woah.

It's funny when to think, I still remember Husky joining (for example) and being like, whose this new kid on the block? In fact, I still think of Husky as a new'un :') Time has really flown past. When I first joined I felt extremely proud of such risky behaviour, and was full to the brim of 'oh no! the internet, i'll be groomed!' cautions. I remember submitting a couple of the character descriptions for the films, and giving a fake name? What the hell I'll have to give those a read again, bet they're terrible! I'd actually quite like to try them again. I liked being involved more.

Good memories? Mhmm, an amazing spam session about gardening innuendos jump to mind, as well as my too late foray into the RPG and month long PM conversations with Miy or 'sanfan '. I remember the beautiful beginning of the bishie thread! So many of the anime and manga I love so much now, were discovered here. I've also made a friend in particular, who though i've neglected recently, is still important to me

We should definitely have a new event and draw some more people in! New RPG? Could be exciting.

Ahhh, love you guys

02.02.2010, 07:09 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Ah well im glad I made this thread, everyone seems to be enjoying it. The tavern right now almost seems like its at the end of the bar night, everyone is kinda just mulling about, knowing it is almost over and we have to get to getting where we are supposed to be. Its been fun, we need to try and reinvigorate it.

Click for Gallery^^

02.02.2010, 09:15 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Tea Master Tall
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tea Master Tall Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've been here for 3 years already! Whoa! I joined when I was 9. I'm such a young-un. I've changed quite a bit over the years. As in: Completely Stupid -- Less Completely stupid. Haha. I feel very comfortable around everyone here. It's so nice having friends that aren't complete idiots.

Anyway, here's what my first post was: YAY!

And, this is so stupid : bhion bhjiol

Check out my music:

Post last edited by Tea Master Tall on 02.02.2010, 10:34 PM.

02.02.2010, 10:04 PM Tea Master Tall is offline   Profile for Tea Master Tall Add Tea Master Tall to your buddy list Send an Email to Tea Master Tall
[  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks