QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Random Boredom Thread
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Tavern General Discussions Random Boredom Thread Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]
Sunchaser
Totoro

Registration Date: 02.22.06
  Random Boredom ThreadPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

okay...i'm really bored so I thought i'd start a boredom random thread.....hmmm doesn't really make sense though

basically, i'm bored...really bored..but i should be getting 2 sleep now...o well

First signature made by kittycatjess. Thank you so much!
Second signature also made by kittycatjess...it's our joint sig!
Third signature made by mpw3d . Thank you!

06.23.2006, 12:55 AM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hehe, lots of forums have a bordom thread ~ I was wondereing how long it would take till the 'random bordom thread' hit this site...

I'm waiting for a pizza to arrive at the moment... while listening to 'the merry-go-round of life' from Howl's moving castle...

What an ultimate song, eh?

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

06.23.2006, 12:08 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This probably a stupid question but can you buy the studio ghibli soundtracks?

06.23.2006, 12:24 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
Sunchaser
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Phyrra: totally ULTIMATE....

Toolfan1912: Yes, you can buy the soundtracks to the ghibli movies...I think each of the movies has it's own soundtrack, and there are different albums, like for Howl, there are 3 different albums, the image album, the regular album, and somthing else...heh

do u have a specific album ur looking 4? i'll try to help!

06.23.2006, 01:17 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Howls moving castle or Spirited Away, i really like the piano on the DVD menu on howls moving castle.

06.23.2006, 01:52 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
Phyrra
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Toolfan1912
i really like the piano on the DVD menu on howls moving castle.

I think this is what you mean:

http://www.onlineghibli.com/howls_castle/media.php

You can download it from this website, at the link above... the 'merry-go-round of life' is the one you must mean... the piano on the DVD

It is, simply, the best animé music ever created... ever

Oh yes, Sunchaser, it's... ultimate!

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

06.23.2006, 02:36 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

quote:
Originally posted by Phyrra
quote:
Originally posted by Toolfan1912
i really like the piano on the DVD menu on howls moving castle.

I think this is what you mean:

http://www.onlineghibli.com/howls_castle/media.php

You can download it from this website, at the link above... the 'merry-go-round of life' is the one you must mean... the piano on the DVD

It is, simply, the best animé music ever created... ever

Oh yes, Sunchaser, it's... ultimate!

Thanks man!!!!

06.23.2006, 04:10 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Cat Returns soundtrack is great, I'd really recommend it! The Ayano Tsuji song at the end is so beautiful! I tried to find out the lyrics in English, but I looked at about 5 different sites, and the lyrics were different on each site!

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 06.23.2006, 05:03 PM.

06.23.2006, 05:03 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh I love that Ayano Tsuji song at the end! It's so pretty.

Man, it's so hot here. And my room is stuffy, but my window is wide open. This sucks...I'm soooo bored....
Like Kiki: Boring...Boring...*taps fingers*

06.24.2006, 08:58 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

I went onto play.com which is where i usually do my internet shopping and they only had one studio ghibli film cd, the "Spirited Away", so ill probably get that in the near future.

06.25.2006, 05:10 AM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I got my Cat Returns CD from eBay...was brand new and sealed, and worked out much cheaper than buying it feom a proper shop!

06.25.2006, 09:49 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Since everyone's talking about soundtracks and stuff, does anyone know how this is related to the movie? I'm thinking of adding it to my shopping cart before going to the PO sometime this week.

Just to finish the Whisper collection, y'know?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.25.2006, 11:53 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i know this is off topic, but SS, that is the most awesome avatar ive ever seen lol

cheers

06.27.2006, 05:28 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by I-B4-E THUG
i know this is off topic, but SS, that is the most awesome avatar ive ever seen lol

cheers

Cheers so much dude! I think so too! BTW, I thought the avatar you made for mpw was really good!

06.27.2006, 08:22 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

thanks

06.29.2006, 12:08 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Since everyone's talking about soundtracks and stuff, does anyone know how this is related to the movie? I'm thinking of adding it to my shopping cart before going to the PO sometime this week.

Just to finish the Whisper collection, y'know?

From the information here, there are three tracks available on the album. One of which is called "Mimi wo Sumaseba." Yet from the description nothing about Ghibli or anime movie is mentioned.

It could be just another piece of song happened to be named as "Mimi wo sumaseba" (this is not a patented word, I suppose ). Or, at best, this could be just another unofficial Ghibli soundtrack, with an unknown group playing some famous Ghibli songs.

Usually there are deliberate changes in the lyrics, style or instruments used to distinguish themselves. This kind of Ghibli CD is pretty common in Japan due to Ghibli's popularity.

If you really like the group, or have already heard the song somewhere else and enjoyed it immensely, feel free to place an order for it. But if you are only a collector of Whisper stuff, I can't see much value in this CD album.

Other CDs with the title "Mimi wo Sumaseba." The second one looks pretty cool.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN...4309531-8771402
http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN...4309531-8771402

06.29.2006, 10:47 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
Sunchaser
Totoro

Since this is the boredom thread....I'm BORED OUT OF MY MIND!!!!!!!!! Yeah, and I don't have much else to say...So how is everyone's summer going?

06.29.2006, 09:04 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Gorgy
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.13.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Gorgy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Sunchaser
Since this is the boredom thread....I'm BORED OUT OF MY MIND!!!!!!!!! Yeah, and I don't have much else to say...So how is everyone's summer going?

over here it's winter ._.U

by mpw3d

07.01.2006, 02:56 PM Gorgy is offline   Profile for Gorgy Add Gorgy to your buddy list
Sunchaser
Totoro

ooo...heh right...sry gorgy!

so, lemme rephrase that....how is everybody wherever they live or are, doing? haha lolz

07.01.2006, 04:47 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Phyrra
Baron

Hmmm... I don't know if this is what you want, but I'll empty my thoughts...

I'm thinking about a girl who I really like... we've known each other for a long time... she likes animé and manga too, she likes video games...

Now I'm thinking about the summer, and how hot it'll be...

...also whether germany will win the world cup and how I'll win £30 if they do (I'm in a sweep stake)... not that I like football, but money's good

Anyway, there's an insight into my thoughts... the ones I'm prepared to broadcast, anyway

07.01.2006, 05:00 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
[  1  2  3  4  5  ...    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks