QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Favorite games/console company
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Favorite games/console company » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Umfrage: Who is your favorite games/consoles company?
Atari
Nintendo
Sega
Sony
Microsoft
Other
Results
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
mistystriker
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.01.06
  Favorite games/console company Search for Posts by mistystriker Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just wndered which company and console you think is the best.

Personally mine is Nintendo, has been since about 1987! I couldn't imagine my life without my beloved DS.

10.20.2006, 07:24 AM mistystriker is offline   Profile for mistystriker Add mistystriker to your buddy list
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, this is a hard one... it's between Nintendo and SNK for me. SNK made my beloved Neogeo Pocket Colour and has been around since 1978. I perfer my computer for gaming at home, and my Neogeo or DS for when I'm out and about... unfortunately, with poor marketing and terrible mistakes the neogeo and the SNK corporation died, despite being leaps ahead of the Gameboy, it's rival.

Anyone else got a Neogeo? Or even heard of it?

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

10.20.2006, 04:52 PM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
Feel_the_Light
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.15.06
  Search for Posts by Feel_the_Light Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

sorry but i have to say i LOVE the Atari, it's so cheesy and terrible it's great and you did get good games for its time, i'm such an oldie lol.
Love Lauren

10.20.2006, 04:56 PM Feel_the_Light is offline   Profile for Feel_the_Light Add Feel_the_Light to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Phyrra
Anyone else got a Neogeo? Or even heard of it?

I've heard of it, yeah. But I've never played/seen one.

The only consoles I've ever had are:
NES (used to be my bro's)
Game Boy Advance
PS2
PSP
(and hopefully in time) Wii

Nintendo are my favourite console company, and they make great games too. For games, I also like Konami, Capcom and Square.

10.21.2006, 05:54 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!!
NINTENDO ALL THE WAY!!!! WII LOVE YOU!!

10.21.2006, 05:58 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
kk-on-keys
Ohmu

Search for Posts by kk-on-keys Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love Nintendo. I want to marry it. I also want to marry Cubase, once it becomes legal to marry software. And games companies.

10.21.2006, 10:45 AM kk-on-keys is offline   Profile for kk-on-keys Add kk-on-keys to your buddy list
Freyarule
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Search for Posts by Freyarule Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I like both Sony and Nintendo Playstation and Gameboy rock

1st sig made my mpw3d! Yayness!

2nd sig made by Snakebite! Whootness!

3rd sig made by #1sanfan! Squeeness!

4th and 5th sig and text below made by moi

10.21.2006, 10:59 AM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I personally, love sega, too bad thye kinda fell off the console market, and there software has slipped, but sega was so good long ago. i might just have to pirate an emulator to relive all those awesome sonic 3 memories.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

10.21.2006, 11:01 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
arren18
Administrator

Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

well... the Nintendo Wii will be able to download old Sega games as well as games from the NES etc. So maybe there's another way for you to play Sonic 3 again...

10.21.2006, 12:14 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

true, too bad my damn genesis broke, it was still working a few years back but alas, thats ok ill play sonic 3 on my comp, same game, differnet way of playing it.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

10.21.2006, 03:15 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have a question, do japanese games meant for Game
Boys, Nintendo, and PS 2 and 3(my sis wants both)
work in the english?

10.21.2006, 04:15 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

If ordered out of japan, then no, if you heard of regioning before, they do the same with movies, a region 1 movie works in region 1 dvd/game players, im pretty sure thats how it works if not someone else here can correct me.

Click for Gallery^^

10.21.2006, 04:44 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, okay.
I found all region DVD players before. The game things,
I just wanna test that. The site I buy everything off
about anime is Toys'n'Joys. It's american.

10.21.2006, 05:43 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!!
Im not sure if they will work on a console from America, as they are from japan..
Otherwise, make sure that you can have japanese as a language in the game..
otherwise youre fucked!

10.21.2006, 05:48 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
arren18
Administrator

Well, there is a problem with regions, but if you're in Region 1, there isn't that problem. Instead, you have a different problem, because I think you need a compatible TV as well. Or you could get your console fiddled around with, so that it plays foreign games.

10.22.2006, 06:14 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
TheEnd
Tanuki

Registration Date: 08.26.06
  Search for Posts by TheEnd Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

PS3 is region free

The End is nigh...

10.22.2006, 03:27 PM TheEnd is offline   Profile for TheEnd Add TheEnd to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Yeah, so they said. But I think more recently it was revealed that it wouldn't be region-free after all... But I'm not certain, so we'll need to wait and see if I'm right lol

10.22.2006, 03:50 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Little Tanuki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 10.01.06
Search for Posts by Little Tanuki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Minesweeper! Hehehehe...

Itsudemo dareka ga
Kitto soba ni iru
Omoi dashite wo kure
Suteki na sono na no

10.22.2006, 11:52 PM Little Tanuki is offline   Profile for Little Tanuki Add Little Tanuki to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

YO!!
PS3 was gonna be region free, but in the end it wont be, because of the displaced europe release date.. They dont want everyone ordering them from america/japan..

10.23.2006, 03:14 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
IluvHowl06
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.19.06
  Search for Posts by IluvHowl06 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

kingdom hearts rock!!!!

10.25.2006, 10:07 AM IluvHowl06 is offline   Profile for IluvHowl06 Add IluvHowl06 to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Thread is closed
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks