QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Studio Ghibli Collection DVD's-PLEASE HELP!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Studio Ghibli Collection DVD's-PLEASE HELP!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
Studio Ghibli Collection DVD's-PLEASE HELP!!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi all, first timer here, hoping sum1 can help! I am currently collecting the new Studio Ghibli Collection DVD's (the new range of Region 2 DVD's with a silver banner at the top, and a number from 1-13 on the spine). The Collection is numbered as;

1) Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind
2) The Cat Returns
3) Porco Rosso
4)Pom Poko
5) Kiki's Delivery Service
6) Laputa Castle In The Sky
7) Howl's Moving Castle
Princess Mononoke
9) My Neighbour Totoro
10) ???????????????
11) Whisper Of The Heart
12) My Neighbours The Yamadas
13) Spirited Away

So my question is.....WHAT IS NUMBER 10????
I was told that it was Grave Of The Fireflies, the 2 disk special edition re-issued with the Collection packaging (as with Spirited Away at No.13), but I can't find it ANYWHERE, and I don't even know if it's true!!! If anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate it, as I don't want a big hole in the middle of my collection. Thanks a million //( *u* )\\

05.11.2006, 05:34 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Totoro35
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Totoro35 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm not sure about the number, but you can purchase the DVD here.

Post last edited by Totoro35 on 05.14.2006, 02:05 PM.

05.14.2006, 01:58 PM Totoro35 is offline   Profile for Totoro35 Add Totoro35 to your buddy list Send an Email to Totoro35
micg huz
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by micg huz Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yep indeed it must be grave of the fire flyes (so tragic - sob sob) if its not on the list then it must be the missing link.

05.14.2006, 02:34 PM micg huz is offline   Profile for micg huz Add micg huz to your buddy list Send an Email to micg huz
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

cheers totoro35, but that's not the one I'm looking for! I own that one already! It's the number 10 with the silver banner that I'm looking for. I can't believe that nobody knows what no.10 is, I was told by peeps on the UltimateDisney forum (which is really awful!!) that it was G.O.T.F, but I can't understand why I can't find No.10 ANYWHERE... I mean...what sort of a 'collection' is it if nobody knows how to complete it?!

IF ANYONE ELSE CAN ENLIGHTEN ME, I'LL BE ETERNALLY GRATEFUL!!

p.s LOVE your sig totoro!! It's sooooo cool! 8]
p.p.s micg huz, your sig rocks too! 8]

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 05.14.2006, 06:11 PM.

05.14.2006, 06:00 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Totoro35
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Totoro35 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Another possibility is that they are saving #10 for 'Only Yesterday' when it is released. I'll try to find more information for you.

05.14.2006, 06:28 PM Totoro35 is offline   Profile for Totoro35 Add Totoro35 to your buddy list Send an Email to Totoro35
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, cheers totoro dude! You totally rock !!

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 05.14.2006, 07:04 PM.

05.14.2006, 07:03 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
fizzy
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.04.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fizzy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's either Only Yesterday or Grave of the Fireflies.

I really don't see the point in numbering the titles, especially since there not even in order-in any shape or form.

The Australian covers are the best in the world in my opinion.
http://www.madman.com.au/studioghibli/

I like Pom Poko the best

05.15.2006, 03:21 AM fizzy is offline   Profile for fizzy Add fizzy to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Hey, if anyone's interested, I found out on another forum that Number 10 IS Grave Of The Fireflies (someone saw it in HMV). So I assume that Only Yesterday will be released as number 14 (anyone know if Ocean Waves is gonna be released?)

05.17.2006, 09:44 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

quote:
Originally posted by fizzy
The Australian covers are the best in the world in my opinion.
http://www.madman.com.au/studioghibli/

I like Pom Poko the best

Laputa, Kiki, Porco, Mononoke, Spirited, Cat Returns and Howl (the blue box w/ profiles) are the same as the U.K ones, but the Aussie Howl (the dark box, assume it's Spec Ed) and Pom Poko are sooooooo much better than the ones we have. The U.K Pom Poko box is soooo dull!! Doesn't do the film any justice at all! However, I do prefer the U.K Nausicaa box to the aussie one! And I think the Totoro boxes are equally cute!!

Post last edited by SpiritedSen on 05.20.2006, 01:46 PM.

05.17.2006, 10:00 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Totoro35
Tanuki

quote:
Originally posted by SpiritedSen
(anyone know if Ocean Waves is gonna be released?)

Hopefully there will be an offical release outside of Japan. I want to buy an offical R1 release, because right now I only own a bootleg copy of this movie. So, maybe someday...

05.18.2006, 05:57 PM Totoro35 is offline   Profile for Totoro35 Add Totoro35 to your buddy list Send an Email to Totoro35
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks