QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - the baron...
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » the baron... » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 04.19.06
  the baron...Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by biong Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

why is the baron so important in some of the movies like for example how come at the end of "whisper of the heart" they don't find the baroness?

"Keep holding on when my brain's ticking like a bomb!"

When it rains...people get wet...

04.19.2006, 08:10 PM biong is offline   Profile for biong Add biong to your buddy list
Haru
Tanuki

Registration Date: 09.19.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Haru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, I think he represents unrequited love in a way, which seems to be an underlying theme of Whisper of the Heart (the grandfather clock in the curiosity shop does also).

The baron seems to be a representation of Nishi (the shop owner) and Louise, his lost love. Maybe "unrequited" isn't the correct word, since they did love each other. Can't really think of another one to use though.

It is bittersweet though, since both Nishi and the baron lost their loves.

04.19.2006, 10:59 PM Haru is offline   Profile for Haru Add Haru to your buddy list
biong
Susuwatari

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by biong Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hmmm Well yes I would say that as well now that I think about it! but how bout the movie "the cat returns" is it about the same basic layout cause I haven't seen that one yet!

04.20.2006, 12:58 PM biong is offline   Profile for biong Add biong to your buddy list
shiawase
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wouldn't say the Baron represents a form of 'love' in The Cat Returns. Maybe 'hope', or 'encouragement'.

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

04.21.2006, 03:13 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The underlying reason on the use of the Baron is that it is simply a source of inspiration for the author, Hiiragi Aoi.

While the Baron appeared in both movies, they are sort of unrelated. Supposedly, according to Hiiragi Aoi, TCR happens to be a story that Shizuku herself wrote.

In Whisper, The Baron is Mr Nishi's treasure only because it holds dear memories of his unrequited love, since the Baron himself is "separated" from his Baronness. It's a sort of reminder for him. And it is just that; a doll. No powers, no nothing.

In TCR, the Baron is brought to life (supposedly through Shizuku's story) as an owner of a help office of sorts. In this story, there's no mention of the Baron's history, only that he is a doll with a heart, and is out to help Haru in her predicament. So his story is much simpler: just a walking, talking doll that helps Haru.

I hope that clears thing up?

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.23.2006, 10:57 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
biong
Susuwatari

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by biong Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well on tcr that's not really true you see what they said was when an item is made by an artist from their heart it can come alive...so he's not just a walking talking doll he is actually a living thing...he can breathe he can think so he's not just a doll...hes something more...He's more of a form of protection or a cat in a suit!^^.

04.25.2006, 01:04 PM biong is offline   Profile for biong Add biong to your buddy list
Homicidal_llama
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Homicidal_llama Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Haru
Well, I think he represents unrequited love in a way, which seems to be an underlying theme of Whisper of the Heart (the grandfather clock in the curiosity shop does also).

The baron seems to be a representation of Nishi (the shop owner) and Louise, his lost love. Maybe "unrequited" isn't the correct word, since they did love each other. Can't really think of another one to use though.

It is bittersweet though, since both Nishi and the baron lost their loves.

Amen to that

05.02.2006, 02:57 PM Homicidal_llama is offline   Profile for Homicidal_llama Add Homicidal_llama to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks