QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Have you been to the Ghibli Museum?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions Have you been to the Ghibli Museum? Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Umfrage: Have you been to the Ghibli Museum?
Yes, multiple times.
Yes, just once.
No, but i will go soon.
No, but i hope to go one day.
No, and i have no intention to go.
Results
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Calforsale
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.19.10
  Have you been to the Ghibli Museum?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm wondering how many people here have been to the Ghibli museum? Its probably the main reason why i want to go to Japan myself.

For those who have been, please share your stories of when you went, or if you have photos post them to (but i read you can't take photos inside, hopefully some of you were very sneaky!).

12.12.2011, 12:55 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
Heidi80
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Heidi80 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's one of my biggest dreams to one day go to the ghibli museum. I'm just scared that I might forget myself and run over and cuddle the huge nekobasu that only kids are allowed to play with

12.12.2011, 06:38 AM Heidi80 is offline   Profile for Heidi80 Add Heidi80 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It is basically the reason that I play the lottery once a week...

12.12.2011, 11:36 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No because of the money problems going around in my neck of the woods, Its a unrealistic dream to go abroad, let alone across the world. Just driving 70 miles is enough in petrol money.. Around 25pound, which is pure ridiculousness.

Post last edited by hopexx5 on 12.12.2011, 12:09 PM.

12.12.2011, 12:08 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would love to visist Japan and of course the Ghibli Museum! I just don't have the money.

Hopefully I will have a chance to go sometime in the near future.

12.12.2011, 12:23 PM  
Calforsale
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There must be at least a couple of people here who have been?

12.13.2011, 09:21 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The world scout Jamboree is in Japan in 2015 and IF i get a job and IF i can afford to go to the Jamboree, i will definitly go.

But Ireland has minus infinity money and/or jobs so i doubt i will anytime in the foreseeable future

12.13.2011, 09:45 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Loscil went once, but he doesn't come around much anymore and I think Farren went just a few weeks ago...

12.13.2011, 11:19 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Calforsale
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calforsale Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Some of my friends went with their school this year, they seemed to think it was very good.

12.14.2011, 05:12 AM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
supertrf
Tanuki

Registration Date: 04.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by supertrf Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

There's one day I'll go there!

同光!
俺は宮崎駿監督のアニメーション映画が大好き!
スタジオジブリの映画が一番!
えど、アニメとライトノベルはお宅の精神食品が!
日本の文化は最高だ!
I love Chinese culture, Japanese culture and USA culture!
And I think animation is my best enjoyment in which Miyazaki Hayao's movie is the best!

12.22.2011, 10:49 AM supertrf is offline   Profile for supertrf Add supertrf to your buddy list Send an Email to supertrf Homepage of supertrf
dballred
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by dballred Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've been there at least ten times. It's definitely worth the trip, but if you want to make it the main focus of a vacation, make sure you know what special exhibitions or short films are showing. Once, I went during a special Pixar exhibition. In addition to a large section of the museum being devoted to Pixar films, the short films were "Bounding" and "For the Birds." While I'm sure the Japanese museum-goers enjoyed it, I would have preferred Ghibli.

The best event for me was when they first released three short films, "Mizugumo Monmon," "Hoshi wo Katta Hi," and "Yado Sagashi." Normally, they only show one film and you can only enter the theater once during a visit. That time, they showed all three and you could watch them over and over. The best by far, in my book, is Hoshi wo Katta Hi (The Day I bought a Star). Try to vist the museum when that gem is playing.

Post last edited by dballred on 12.30.2011, 10:14 PM.

12.30.2011, 10:13 PM dballred is offline   Profile for dballred Add dballred to your buddy list Send an Email to dballred Homepage of dballred
supertrf
Tanuki

Registration Date: 04.03.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by supertrf Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by dballred
I've been there at least ten times. It's definitely worth the trip, but if you want to make it the main focus of a vacation, make sure you know what special exhibitions or short films are showing. Once, I went during a special Pixar exhibition. In addition to a large section of the museum being devoted to Pixar films, the short films were "Bounding" and "For the Birds." While I'm sure the Japanese museum-goers enjoyed it, I would have preferred Ghibli.

The best event for me was when they first released three short films, "Mizugumo Monmon," "Hoshi wo Katta Hi," and "Yado Sagashi." Normally, they only show one film and you can only enter the theater once during a visit. That time, they showed all three and you could watch them over and over. The best by far, in my book, is Hoshi wo Katta Hi (The Day I bought a Star). Try to vist the museum when that gem is playing.

Well, thank u for your info!!! ありがとう!

同光!
俺は宮崎駿監督のアニメーション映画が大好き!
スタジオジブリの映画が一番!
えど、アニメとライトノベルはお宅の精神食品が!
日本の文化は最高だ!
I love Chinese culture, Japanese culture and USA culture!
And I think animation is my best enjoyment in which Miyazaki Hayao's movie is the best!

01.01.2012, 04:59 AM supertrf is offline   Profile for supertrf Add supertrf to your buddy list Send an Email to supertrf Homepage of supertrf
HataZaki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 12.10.08
  Ghibli MuseumPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by HataZaki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've been! I went early last year during a trip to Japan. It was amazing obviously, if a little bit smaller than I was anticipating. Here are a few pictures, but it likely won't be anything you haven't seen before because as mentioned you can't take pictures inside.

The Ghibli Museum on a crisp winter's day:

01.02.2012, 08:30 AM HataZaki is offline   Profile for HataZaki Add HataZaki to your buddy list Send an Email to HataZaki Homepage of HataZaki AIM Screenname: - YIM Screenname: -
HataZaki
Ohmu

Registration Date: 12.10.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by HataZaki Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Not from the museum, but some Ghibli merchandise I found in a shop:

01.02.2012, 08:31 AM HataZaki is offline   Profile for HataZaki Add HataZaki to your buddy list Send an Email to HataZaki Homepage of HataZaki AIM Screenname: - YIM Screenname: -
Calforsale
Totoro

Wow! Thankyou both of you for sharing! The photos look really great too!

01.02.2012, 09:23 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i would leave that shop a very poor man Thanks for the pics!

01.03.2012, 01:32 AM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
torehogas
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 01.19.12
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by torehogas Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I went to the museum right before Christmas, and was completely blown away by it! In fact, although I have watched and loved Ghibli movies for more than a decade, it was that experience that led me to this great site.

I just wrote a lengthy blog post about it - sorry about the plug, but I really put a lot of work into it and think that if anyone would enjoy this article, you would. In fact, if you would like to use it/parts of it on this site (with credit), let's talk about it!

Getting Lost at the Ghibli Museum
I spend a Sunday afternoon at the Ghibli Museum in Mitaka, Tokyo and end up having the best museum experience thus far in my life.
http://www.torehogas.net/travel/ghibli-museum/

Reads, likes, tweets/shares, and not least comments would be greatly appreciated!

There are some (more or less sneaky) pictures as well - here are some samples:

The last picture is what I bought at their amazingly well-stocked museum shop - I did indeed leave it a very poor man!
Poor, but happy. And yes, dballred, I did watch Hoshi wo Katta Hi at the Saturn Theater. Fantastic movie!

01.19.2012, 02:13 AM torehogas is offline   Profile for torehogas Add torehogas to your buddy list
Calforsale
Totoro

I read the blog, a very well written an interesting blog, thanks for sharing!

I'm wondering if many foreigners go there or if it is mainly just Japanese people?

Also is the gift shop expensive? Thanks.

01.19.2012, 07:51 PM Calforsale is offline   Profile for Calforsale Add Calforsale to your buddy list
captain george
Ohmu

ill read your blog tomorrow, your pictures look very exciting!

Welcome to the tavern! Enquire about our loyalty cards

Don't though, their not real

01.19.2012, 08:35 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
husky51
The Old Guy

quote:
Originally posted by Calforsale
Also is the gift shop expensive? Thanks.

Quote from the blog:

"The last picture is what I bought at their amazingly well-stocked museum shop - I did indeed leave it a very poor man!
Poor, but happy. "

That should answer your question, lol

01.19.2012, 10:35 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks