QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Make your own DIY moving castle!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions Make your own DIY moving castle! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
Make your own DIY moving castle!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
http://OnlineGhibli.com
News: In support of the "Howl's Big Crircus Show" in Tokyo, starting from today, the 3D paper craft model of Howl's Flying Castle has been released for free downloads. The finished model would have quite a few movable parts, like the wings and the propeller. For details and downloads, please proceed to Howl's page in the Japanese Epson site.

The webpage:
http://www.i-love-epson.co.jp/ec/event/howl-circus/

The sheets for making the paper model:
http://www2.i-love-epson.co.jp/ec/event/...rcus/hmc_pc.exe

The guide for assembling
http://www2.i-love-epson.co.jp/ec/event/...s/hmc_guide.exe

The model is so detailed that it even has the line of clothes hanging at the back. How cute! This is surely a great addition to the collectable line-ups of any fan of Ghibli or paper models!

A pity that my printer has broken down... always at the wrong time...

06.20.2005, 06:02 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

Registration Date: 06.06.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by wushu-4-ever Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aight, truely wicked! I’m defenitely gonna make this!

There actually also is a book you can buy with another paper model in it. It’s pretty expensive and you can find it over here:
yesasia

Here’s some pictures I found some time ago:

06.21.2005, 04:07 AM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by wushu-4-ever

There actually also is a book you can buy with another paper model in it. It’s pretty expensive and you can find it over here:
yesasia

I have seen the book in a Japanese book store, but it is far too costly for me (3990 yen... ). Glad that the "flying version" of Howl's Moving Castle is now available for free. Now there's a nice pass-time activity for my summer vacation

06.21.2005, 06:44 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by wushu-4-ever Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Jiji
quote:

yesasia

I have seen the book in a Japanese book store, but it is far too costly for me (3990 yen... ). Glad that the "flying version" of Howl's Moving Castle is now available for free. Now there's a nice pass-time activity for my summer vacation

Yep, this certainly is a nice and cheap solution!

06.21.2005, 07:01 AM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
nanashi
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.27.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hey Jiji! where did you sniffed out this news?

06.21.2005, 01:38 PM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Yep, this certainly is a nice and cheap solution!

Definitely is . I just am not too sure if anyone would be interested in dishing out 4000 yen for a book that would be torn into pieces in no time. After all, the art books and storyboards cost only about 2500 yen each.

quote:
Originally posted by nanashi
hey Jiji! where did you sniffed out this news?

There is a related piece of news in Yomiuri Shimbun Online on 7th July. So basically I had been watching the Epson page every day until the download has been made available to the public. .

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/entertainment/g...l_20050607b.htm

For the News in the quote (that I also posted on the Online Ghibli front page), it is not a direct translation of the Yomiuri report, but is loosely based on it with some extra info added. (eg the movable parts)

06.21.2005, 04:32 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

I already starting building it!

I'll post some pictures on my site when it's finished!

06.22.2005, 06:42 AM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
Jiji
Oldie newbie

quote:

That's great . I look forward to seeing your finished model. Maybe you can also post some pictures of the work-in-progress.

06.22.2005, 07:01 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

quote:
quote:

That's great . I look forward to seeing your finished model. Maybe you can also post some pictures of the work-in-progress.

No problem, I'll post some pics of the work-in-progress as well!

06.22.2005, 07:41 AM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

I was just curiously looking for some better pics of that special Howl's Moving Castle paper model book I also posted some pics of and you know what... I happened to have found some on a Japanese site of some guy who actually made it. Although this hasn’t got anything to do with DVD’s, it has got something to do with the film so here are some of the pics. As you can see it actually is able to move! :shock: :lol:

I think it actually looks pretty cool and I might have to buy a copy of that paper model book.

06.23.2005, 09:03 AM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
Manni
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.17.05
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Manni Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It is really looks like that? It's... fantastic! I need to do it, but I'm wondering, how I finish it without any talent to such things . Any advices? Anything?

06.23.2005, 12:18 PM Manni is offline   Profile for Manni Add Manni to your buddy list Homepage of Manni
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

quote:
Originally posted by Manni
It is really looks like that? It's... fantastic! I need to do it, but I'm wondering, how I finish it without any talent to such things . Any advices? Anything?

Let me remind you that the pictures I posted above are from the book and not pics from the model which is available for download. It's kinda expensive, but perhaps I'll buy it if I manage to make a nice flying castle of the model which is free for download at I-love-epson (the one posted in the first post of this thread). The Epson model is going to look like the pics below. Less beautiful then the one from the book, but still very nice!

Anyway, I have found some tips on how to make a paper model in general. You can find them over here:
http://www.cardfaq.org/faq/tips.html#s3.1

06.23.2005, 01:18 PM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
Manni
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Manni Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you! It's very helpful for me, as a person with no talent to do models .

I know, that's is a castle from ending, but it's still look great! I wonder how Paper Howl's Moving Castle looks like...

edit: Yeah, I see it now in this topic

Post last edited by Manni on 06.23.2005, 01:42 PM.

06.23.2005, 01:38 PM Manni is offline   Profile for Manni Add Manni to your buddy list Homepage of Manni
Manni
Kodama

I started to make a model, but few things makes me confused...

Take a look of a sheets, page 6: what should I do with that white part, those circles and half-circles? Where should I put it all? There is also a little picture, how it's should looks like. It's not look's like that picture after cutting. I don't know japanesee at all (but I wan't go to the language school after vacations, by the way ), so I don't understand any informations wrote there... help please

06.23.2005, 08:24 PM Manni is offline   Profile for Manni Add Manni to your buddy list Homepage of Manni
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Hi Manni!

I suppose the white areas are to be cut out for inserting various components.

脚台(左前脚)= leg base (left front leg)
脚台(左後脚)= leg base (left hind leg)
パイプ = pipe
プロペラ台 = propeller base

And Wushu thanks for sharing the pictures of the castle model. The castle looks very awesome. In the Japanese book shop I frequent to there is one finished model on display. It is quite big indeed. And of course very cool! The link is also helpful as I am an idiot on building models, with close to zero experience.

P.S. hehe you have reported the news to nausicaa.net

06.23.2005, 09:50 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

quote:
And Wushu thanks for sharing the pictures of the castle model. The castle looks very awesome. In the Japanese book shop I frequent to there is one finished model on display. It is quite big indeed. And of course very cool! The link is also helpful as I am an idiot on building models, with close to zero experience.

You're welcome. On the website that I found the pics from above that it's supposed to be more more than 40 cm in height. I myself have zero experience in building paper models as well, but I guess that's going to change!

quote:
P.S. hehe you have reported the news to nausicaa.net

Unfortunately not many people look any further than Nausicaa.net, so I thought I'd send Nausicaa an e-mail so other people would know about this item as well. I am trying to spread "the word of Ghibli" as good as possible!

To bad not many people actually visit this forum or other Ghibli forums. Not that there are many, this one, the one from wingsee and the one from buta-connection.net are all that I know of (do you know others as well btw?).

06.24.2005, 03:20 AM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
Manni
Kodama

quote:
Hi Manni!

Hi! Thanks Jiji, but there's one problem - I don't have japanesee font on my pc (and I don't have WindowsXP cd to install it), so i see only some squares .

06.24.2005, 05:13 AM Manni is offline   Profile for Manni Add Manni to your buddy list Homepage of Manni
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

quote:
quote:
Hi Manni!

Hi! Thanks Jiji, but there's one problem - I don't have japanesee font on my pc (and I don't have WindowsXP cd to install it), so i see only some squares .

NJ Star Comminicator is a good solution for that!

06.24.2005, 05:26 AM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
Manni
Kodama

Thanks again, I'll download it as soon as possible .

Anyone start to building it?

06.24.2005, 05:30 AM Manni is offline   Profile for Manni Add Manni to your buddy list Homepage of Manni
Jiji
Oldie newbie

quote:
You're welcome. On the website that I found the pics from above that it's supposed to be more more than 40 cm in height. I myself have zero experience in building paper models as well, but I guess that's going to change!

According to the official page of the book, the model has a height of 43 cm.
But my printer is still in a bad mood . Maybe I should kick it away and get a new one instead...

quote:
Unfortunately not many people look any further than Nausicaa.net, so I thought I'd send Nausicaa an e-mail so other people would know about this item as well. I am trying to spread "the word of Ghibli" as good as possible!

To bad not many people actually visit this forum or other Ghibli forums. Not that there are many, this one, the one from wingsee and the one from buta-connection.net are all that I know of (do you know others as well btw?).

Hehe there's nothing offensive in my PS and you don't need to take it seriously . I also post the news in their MML occasionally.

The other Ghibli discussion areas that I know:
[list][*]The Miyazaki mailing-list
Managed by Nausicaa.net, with a very serious discussion environment and close monitoring of the mods. Still there are quite a few thought-provoking discussions and tonnes of updated news. A must-join for any Miyazaki fan.
[*]StudioGhibli.org
An Italian Ghibli site with its own forums. As I know nothing about Italian I cannot make any comment on it
[*]AnimeNation > Ghibli works
The Ghibli section of an anime forum. So you can expect that the posters are general anime fans with some interest in the Ghibli movies, instead of devoted Ghibli fans.[/list]

There are also some Japanese Ghibli BBS that I know. But rather than focusing on Ghibli works, they seem to be more like general chat rooms that everything from homework and exams to picnic days are discussed.

quote:

I am not sure if you mean you cannot see the Japanese words in my post or the pdf files of the model.

For the former case, it is pretty unlikely as I suppose the forums here run with unicode. I am now using a library computer (without Japanese fonts installed) and the words still show up properly. Try to update your browser and install the unicode and Japanese language packs.

If the problem is in viewing the pdf files, try to upgrade your Acrobat reader to 7.0. When you open the files, you will see a prompt asking you whether to update your acrobat with Japanese support. Click yes, wait for a while, and done.

06.24.2005, 05:47 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks