QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Make your own DIY moving castle!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions Make your own DIY moving castle! Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3    »  ]
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

Registration Date: 06.06.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by wushu-4-ever Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Jiji
But my printer is still in a bad mood . Maybe I should kick it away and get a new one instead...

Mine 2, so I just ordered a new printer, a Canon Pixma iP4000:

quote:
Originally posted by Jiji Hehe there's nothing offensive in my PS and you don't need to take it seriously .
I know, but I just thought I'd give you a explaination!
quote:
Originally posted by Jiji I also post the news in their MML occasionally.
The other Ghibli discussion areas that I know:
[list][*]The Miyazaki mailing-list
Managed by Nausicaa.net, with a very serious discussion environment and close monitoring of the mods. Still there are quite a few thought-provoking discussions and tonnes of updated news. A must-join for any Miyazaki fan.
[*]StudioGhibli.org
An Italian Ghibli site with its own forums. As I know nothing about Italian I cannot make any comment on it
[*]AnimeNation > Ghibli works
The Ghibli section of an anime forum. So you can expect that the posters are general anime fans with some interest in the Ghibli movies, instead of devoted Ghibli fans.[/list]

There are also some Japanese Ghibli BBS that I know. But rather than focusing on Ghibli works, they seem to be more like general chat rooms that everything from homework and exams to picnic days are discussed.

Thanks! Last week I already registered an account at the Miyazaki mailing list, but I'll check out the Italian forum and the AnimeNation forum as well!

06.24.2005, 07:12 AM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by wushu-4-ever
Mine 2, so I just ordered a new printer, a Canon Pixma iP4000

Hehe maybe I should also get one of this. **check to see of there's any discount**

quote:
I know, but I just thought I'd give you a explaination!

Oh that's very nice of you.

quote:
Thanks! Last week I already registered an account at the Miyazaki mailing list, but I'll check out the Italian forum and the AnimeNation forum as well!

You may use Babelfish or Google translation to see the content of the Italian forum. It is quite similar with the one of Buta-connection in terms of the discussion environment and content.

For the AnimeNation one, I am just a lurker with no account there. The topics are usually general questions (like the release dates of the movies) or short personal comments.

As for the MML, you will feel much more comfortable in participating in the discussions if you have a very good command of English and a bachelor degree. (But there are still a few years to go for me to get one )

06.24.2005, 03:56 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by wushu-4-ever Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Jiji Hehe maybe I should also get one of this. **check to see of there's any discount**
Well, for my graduation I am actually writing a strategic marketing plan for one of the biggest b2b ICT companies in the Netherlands, so I got myself a nice discount!
quote:
Originally posted by Jiji Oh that's very nice of you.
Of course!
quote:
Originally posted by Jiji You may use Babelfish or Google translation to see the content of the Italian forum. It is quite similar with the one of Buta-connection in terms of the discussion environment and content.
I use Babelfish pretty often and altough it's not perfect at least it gives you an idea about what it's supposed to say.
quote:
Originally posted by Jiji For the AnimeNation one, I am just a lurker with no account there. The topics are usually general questions (like the release dates of the movies) or short personal comments.
Yes, the AnimeNation one does seem to be a pretty basic, but it's always nice to lurk around!
quote:
Originally posted by Jiji As for the MML, you will feel much more comfortable in participating in the discussions if you have a very good command of English and a bachelor degree.
Howcome?

06.24.2005, 04:21 PM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
nanashi
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.27.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

it seems to be hard to make this paper craft. if you can understand Japanese.

i compare the name of parts in Japanese with in English. only the name of parts on top of pages.
and you driven hard your imagination.
http://rose-rote.hp.infoseek.co.jp/miya/howl/pc/howl-pc.htm
(this page does not need Japanese fonts.)

06.24.2005, 04:23 PM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

quote:
Originally posted by nanashi
it seems to be hard to make this paper craft. if you can understand Japanese.

i compare the name of parts in Japanese with in English. only the name of parts on top of pages.
and you driven hard your imagination.
(this page does not need Japanese fonts.)

Excellent! Thanks for taking the time to give us some extra help!

BTW, I ordered the Howl's Moving Castle paper craft book today! Unfortunately it will take some time for it to arrive, because Yesasia can't ship this item directly from their stock, but I'll post some pics when it arrives!

06.24.2005, 05:36 PM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nanashi, it's really nice of you to compile a page on the Japanese terms in the model. I am sure it will come handy for many who is interested in giving a try of building the castle . Btw are you also going to build one yourself?

And Wushu you really have dished out 4000 yen on the paper craft book!? **jaw-dropped on the ground** . It seems like I can never stop myself from envying you for one single second... (0.o)

06.25.2005, 04:46 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

quote:
And Wushu you really have dished out 4000 yen on the paper craft book!? **jaw-dropped on the ground** . It seems like I can never stop myself from envying you for one single second... (0.o)

Yep, I did! I still find it very expensive, but I'm a Ghibli fanatic!

06.25.2005, 06:32 AM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
Manni
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.17.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Manni Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:

I am not sure if you mean you cannot see the Japanese words in my post or the pdf files of the model.

It's about words from post, but Wushu told me about this program, so there's no problem now .

I finished pages 1-11, now will be harder... It's extremely hard to build something like that with japanese instuction...

06.25.2005, 07:07 AM Manni is offline   Profile for Manni Add Manni to your buddy list Homepage of Manni
Manni
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Manni Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have just on general question:

Take a look at this: http://www.karolkmf.webpark.pl/castle.jpg

What is THAT for? Where should I put it? I done so much without any guide, but now I give up...

Post last edited by Manni on 06.25.2005, 09:41 PM.

06.25.2005, 09:40 PM Manni is offline   Profile for Manni Add Manni to your buddy list Homepage of Manni
Jiji
Oldie newbie

quote:
Originally posted by Manni
I have just on general question:

Take a look at this: http://www.karolkmf.webpark.pl/castle.jpg

What is THAT for? Where should I put it? I done so much without any guide, but now I give up...

Nanashi's guide page should be handy for you.

The object is the terrace of the right side. When finsihed it should be something semi-circular. Keep it at a proper place as you will need it sometime later later.

Wish you good luck.

06.26.2005, 05:22 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
nanashi
Ohmu

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i do not understand well, because i have not made it.
perhaps, i think that glue it to here.

Cheer!

06.26.2005, 02:40 PM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Manni
Kodama

Jiji & Nanashi - thanks, now I finished with this part .

Building a model like this is very frustrating, but I also enjoy it. With "Hauru..." OST as a backgroung it's going very well . It's looking quite good:

I'm not tallented in those things, but I'm proud of it anyway . What do you think about it?

Post last edited by Manni on 06.26.2005, 04:21 PM.

06.26.2005, 04:18 PM Manni is offline   Profile for Manni Add Manni to your buddy list Homepage of Manni
Jiji
Oldie newbie

quote:
Jiji & Nanashi - thanks, now I finished with this part .

Building a model like this is very frustrating, but I also enjoy it. With "Hauru..." OST as a backgroung it's going very well . It's looking quite good:

I'm not tallented in those things, but I'm proud of it anyway . What do you think about it?

Oh it looks pretty good and at the meantime it is like Sophie's wandering castle. Keep up with the work and I am sure you will have it finished in no time!

For me, I have yet to find a proper printer...

06.26.2005, 09:34 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

Looking pretty good Manni! I started building it as well ( only the first 5 parts), but temporarily paused this project. I am waiting for my new printer to arrive so that I can print it in the best quality possible. When it arrives I am gonna build it in the best quality possible made of some nice extra heavy foto paper.

06.27.2005, 03:55 AM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
nanashi
Ohmu

yah, guys. did you make it? i didnt make it.
but, i made it another way.

i have not made it, but i have the feeling which made it. i have had plenty.
http://rose-rote.hp.infoseek.co.jp/miya/howl/pc/howl-pc.htm (index)
http://rose-rote.hp.infoseek.co.jp/miya/howl/pc/howl-pc2.htm (page 01-09)
http://rose-rote.hp.infoseek.co.jp/miya/howl/pc/howl-pc3.htm (page 10-19)
http://rose-rote.hp.infoseek.co.jp/miya/howl/pc/howl-pc4.htm (page 20-26)

06.27.2005, 11:38 AM nanashi is offline   Profile for nanashi Add nanashi to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

quote:
Originally posted by wushu-4-ever
Looking pretty good Manni! I started building it as well ( only the first 5 parts), but temporarily paused this project. I am waiting for my new printer to arrive so that I can print it in the best quality possible. When it arrives I am gonna build it in the best quality possible made of some nice extra heavy foto paper.

**stunned again by Wushu's silver shock** I wonder if you are going to buy those US$10 per pack special photo printing sheets...

quote:

Wow an impressive translation! You certainly have put a lot of effort into it, as seen from the loads of carefully translated screenshots. I am very sure that many will be grateful to what you have done!

06.27.2005, 12:31 PM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

quote:

http://rose-rote.hp.infoseek.co.jp/miya/howl/pc/howl-pc.htm (index)
http://rose-rote.hp.infoseek.co.jp/miya/howl/pc/howl-pc2.htm (page 01-09)
http://rose-rote.hp.infoseek.co.jp/miya/howl/pc/howl-pc3.htm (page 10-19)
http://rose-rote.hp.infoseek.co.jp/miya/howl/pc/howl-pc4.htm (page 20-26)

Excellent, perfect update. Doom arigatoo gazaimasu!

06.27.2005, 02:01 PM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

quote:
**stunned again by Wushu's silver shock** I wonder if you are going to buy those US$10 per pack special photo printing sheets...

Yep, I'm planning to buy those. It's got to be perfect! Ghibli all the way!

06.27.2005, 02:03 PM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
Manni
Kodama

Hey guys, how's your castles? I can't build mine right now, because I'm in our summer house with family and I come to the house very rarely...

07.11.2005, 04:08 AM Manni is offline   Profile for Manni Add Manni to your buddy list Homepage of Manni
wushu-4-ever
Warawara

quote:
Hey guys, how's your castles? I can't build mine right now, because I'm in our summer house with family and I come to the house very rarely...

I've been cutting and cutting...

I received my new printer last week (Canon Pixma 4000) and I printed everything on 260 gr Photo Paper. I still have about 8 pages to cut and than I'm going to put it all together in one go. I hope it's going to be lovely, but it won't be as good as the paper craft I ordered (I hope to receive it this or next week).

07.11.2005, 09:40 AM wushu-4-ever is offline   Profile for wushu-4-ever Add wushu-4-ever to your buddy list Homepage of wushu-4-ever
[  «    1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks