QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - !!!HOW MANY GHIBLIS HAVE YOU SEEN?!!!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » !!!HOW MANY GHIBLIS HAVE YOU SEEN?!!! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Umfrage: !!!HOW MANY GHIBLIS HAVE YOU SEEN?!!!
only 1
10 or more!
Results
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Edit: Also seen "My Neighbours the Yamadas"

03.03.2010, 05:36 AM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
Turambar
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.20.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Turambar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saw Only Yesterday this evening. Thought it was a really heart-warming film, and very funny in places too. Definitely on my wanted list.

03.04.2010, 06:18 PM Turambar is offline   Profile for Turambar Add Turambar to your buddy list
maggie
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.25.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by maggie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

^ And I just saw Only Yesterday today

03.05.2010, 01:29 AM maggie is offline   Profile for maggie Add maggie to your buddy list
Turambar
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Turambar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by maggie
^ And I just saw Only Yesterday today

What a weird coincidence.

03.05.2010, 02:58 PM Turambar is offline   Profile for Turambar Add Turambar to your buddy list
Turambar
Kodama

Got just My Neighbours the Yamadas to watch now. Then I'll have seen all the DVDs released so far in the UK as part of the collection (as well as Ponyo). Just have to wait a couple of years to see The Borrower Arriety in the UK now lol

03.10.2010, 01:42 PM Turambar is offline   Profile for Turambar Add Turambar to your buddy list
Pixie
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.17.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Pixie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Last week I watched The Cat Returns and absolutely loved it!

Also bought Laputa the other day. I think it's the only one I own or have seen that I feel like I can't watch in either the dubbed English version or the original Japanese. It's just the voices in the English version that are so off-putting. Japanese all the way, baby.

I think that brings my total to 8.

Post last edited by Pixie on 03.12.2010, 10:39 AM.

03.12.2010, 10:37 AM Pixie is offline   Profile for Pixie Add Pixie to your buddy list Send an Email to Pixie
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Seiji Amasawa
The following Ghibli don’t interest me, so I won’t watch them. Unless they where given to me. I won’t pay for them.

My Neighbours the Yamadas
Ocean Waves
You really *really* should watch Ocean Waves, its lovely. And 'Yamadas' made me laugh so hard I thought I was going to burst something. I have never laughed so much to an anime before. That may be because I identify so much with that family, especially, of course the down-trodden husband. It is so true to life. An unmarried or younger person on the other hand might not find the situations so funny.

I've seen all the Ghiblis except 'Ponyo' which isn't out on UK DVD yet I don't think.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.12.2010, 04:16 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Artoo
Warawara

Registration Date: 07.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Artoo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
I've seen all the Ghiblis except 'Ponyo' which isn't out on UK DVD yet I don't think.

It's due out on DVD in June 7th in the UK.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ponyo-Disc-DVD-H.../dp/B0032UXQWY/

And also as a Blu-ray/DVD combo pack:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ponyo-Blu-ray-DV.../dp/B0032YNDA0/

03.12.2010, 11:02 PM Artoo is offline   Profile for Artoo Add Artoo to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think the release in Canada is in April? I've seen Ponyo but I can't wait to buy my own copy. ^^

And I think the only ones I haven't seen are Porco Rosso and the Yamadas. Oh and I suppose only finished part of Hols if you want to count that.

03.12.2010, 11:54 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
maggie
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by maggie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
I think the release in Canada is in April? I've seen Ponyo but I can't wait to buy my own copy. ^^

April? Ponyo was released on March 2. I already bought my copy.

I still need to see Ocean Waves. I'll probably import the UK version at some point.

Post last edited by maggie on 03.13.2010, 12:05 AM.

03.13.2010, 12:01 AM maggie is offline   Profile for maggie Add maggie to your buddy list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Really? Wow. Lol, I guess I haven't exactly been paying attention but thanks! I'll go look for that.

03.13.2010, 01:29 AM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi And I think the only ones I haven't seen are Porco Rosso.
Really? Wow. You ought to watch it. Its rather good

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.13.2010, 08:32 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi And I think the only ones I haven't seen are Porco Rosso.
Really? Wow. You ought to watch it. Its rather good

So I've heard. I keep meaning to watch and then I don't. I will eventually, though. ^_^

03.13.2010, 08:44 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Sharix
Tanuki

Registration Date: 03.20.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sharix Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've seen pretty much every Miyazaki film,
aswell as The Cat Returns, GotF, Whispers of Heart and Pom Poko.
Oh, and I read the Nausicaä manga, if it counts

Post last edited by Sharix on 03.23.2010, 04:34 PM.

03.20.2010, 05:40 PM Sharix is offline   Profile for Sharix Add Sharix to your buddy list
GhibStuFan
Warawara

Registration Date: 09.02.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by GhibStuFan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't think the manga counts, but that is still a lot of ghibli.

I have not seen all of Pom Poko, because that movie, IMO, was one of the worst movies that I have ever seen. I couldn't even finish it, it was so bad.

=================================================
(\_/)
(O.o)
(^ ^) It's a rabbit.
=================================================

03.25.2010, 05:59 PM GhibStuFan is offline   Profile for GhibStuFan Add GhibStuFan to your buddy list
Pixie
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.17.10
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Pixie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just finished watching Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. It was very good. Means I've seen 9 now.

How many Studio Ghibli films are there again?

04.01.2010, 05:15 PM Pixie is offline   Profile for Pixie Add Pixie to your buddy list Send an Email to Pixie
matthew.
Tanuki

Registration Date: 04.21.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by matthew. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I own every ghibli DVD to date so have seen them all

Ponyo at the cinema!!!

Post last edited by matthew. on 04.02.2010, 08:36 AM.

04.02.2010, 08:35 AM matthew. is offline   Profile for matthew. Add matthew. to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Pixie
Just finished watching Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. It was very good. Means I've seen 9 now.

How many Studio Ghibli films are there again?

16 so far, I believe.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.02.2010, 12:36 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Kemi
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.25.09
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kemi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

finally saw Ocean Waves, such a beautiful movie <3

I think I saw them all now..

04.14.2010, 06:12 PM Kemi is offline   Profile for Kemi Add Kemi to your buddy list
maggie
Calcifer

quote:
Originally posted by Kemi
finally saw Ocean Waves, such a beautiful movie <3

I just got my Ocean Waves DVD today!

I will be watching it as soon as I have time

Update: I've seen Ocean Waves now! Now I've seen every main Ghibli movie, yay!

Post last edited by maggie on 04.18.2010, 01:55 AM.

04.14.2010, 09:31 PM maggie is offline   Profile for maggie Add maggie to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  3  4    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks