QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Best Ghibli Girlfriend
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions Best Ghibli Girlfriend Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Umfrage: Who's the best Ghibli girlfriend.
Sophie (moving castle)
Lin (spirited away)
San (mononoke)
Shizuku (whisper)
Fio (porco)
Kiki (kiki)[i hope she's not too young]
Sheeta (laputa) [again, too young?]
Nausicaa (nausicaa)
Other
Results
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
biker_brat
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.05.05
  Best Ghibli GirlfriendPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by biker_brat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Okay so there's a poll for the best Ghibli boyfriend and on there there is talk about creating a best Ghibli girlfriend poll but it hasnt hapened yet so I just thought I'd make one.

I voted for Fio because she's so devoted and full of life. She's also not extremely prissy and very happy.

Post last edited by biker_brat on 02.01.2006, 09:24 PM.

02.01.2006, 09:22 PM biker_brat is offline   Profile for biker_brat Add biker_brat to your buddy list
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh where is Lily the elegant white cat? She is my perfect match.

Anyway Kiki is a good choice too, and I voted for her . Kiki@13 maybe a bit young, but so is Shizuku@14. Is the one year difference matters that much?

And indeed Kiki@13 is pretty hawt...

Kiki@15, the bashful cuteness!

P.S. illustrations from the original novels by Eiko Kadono

02.04.2006, 05:45 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
Konan
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.11.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Konan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Definitely Taeko from "Omohide Poro Poro"

“Miyazaki is the greatest living animator… His frames are brilliantly, sunnily ‘lit’, with exhilarating shifting perspectives and cinematic movement, and a drawing style that is as detailed and dense as Brueghel.” — Philip Lopate, Film Comment
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

02.04.2006, 01:50 PM Konan is offline   Profile for Konan Add Konan to your buddy list
biker_brat
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.05.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by biker_brat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You know what's a strange thing? Taeko looks almost exactly like my mom! I really wanna see Only Yesterday. Is there a file available for download on the internet with subtitles?

02.12.2006, 09:16 PM biker_brat is offline   Profile for biker_brat Add biker_brat to your buddy list
Bow chan
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.17.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Bow chan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've choose San. She's so smart.
....In choice "Lin" in "Spirited Away" ,
I think that It would be "Sen" more than "Lin",don't you?

02.13.2006, 01:43 PM Bow chan is offline   Profile for Bow chan Add Bow chan to your buddy list
Gorgy
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.13.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Gorgy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Bow chan
I've choose San. She's so smart.
....In choice "Lin" in "Spirited Away" ,
I think that It would be "Sen" more than "Lin",don't you?

sen is just 10 years old :S

by mpw3d

02.20.2006, 01:52 PM Gorgy is offline   Profile for Gorgy Add Gorgy to your buddy list
thundercat2
Tanuki

Registration Date: 07.22.05
  Hi!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by thundercat2 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I had to vote "other" because Haru from The Cat Returns wasn't listed

It's a Baron + Haru site!

03.03.2006, 03:17 AM thundercat2 is offline   Profile for thundercat2 Add thundercat2 to your buddy list
Gorgy
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.13.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Gorgy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Other too... i like haru from the cat return's

by mpw3d

03.03.2006, 08:39 PM Gorgy is offline   Profile for Gorgy Add Gorgy to your buddy list
The Violin Maker
Kodama

Registration Date: 03.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by The Violin Maker Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Definetely Shizuku! She's intelligent, creative, and strong-willed!

03.04.2006, 06:57 PM The Violin Maker is offline   Profile for The Violin Maker Add The Violin Maker to your buddy list AIM Screenname: Auden Twilight
shiawase
Ohmu

Registration Date: 03.09.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shiawase Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hurray for Sophie!! So mature and strong natured. She can have a good time and is not willing to take risks. She doesn't get over exhilerated (stepping through the sky with Howl). Comes from an older decade so she does have that aura about her rather than today's girlies. But anyways, I'm getting too into this..

~Akarui Tsubasa~

I will save myself from the world I created.

03.15.2006, 02:48 AM shiawase is offline   Profile for shiawase Add shiawase to your buddy list Send an Email to shiawase Homepage of shiawase
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A little typical, but I vote for Shizuku, even though she's pretty much like any girlfriend in a Shoujo manga. but at least in the anime she has that spunky and frank attitute.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.15.2006, 04:21 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
DistantSmile
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.31.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by DistantSmile Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Go Shizuku. She's strong-willed, intelligent, and I love her personality.

05.31.2006, 07:45 AM DistantSmile is offline   Profile for DistantSmile Add DistantSmile to your buddy list Homepage of DistantSmile
micg huz
Calcifer

Registration Date: 05.01.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by micg huz Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

nausicaa wooh whoo.

05.31.2006, 10:07 AM micg huz is offline   Profile for micg huz Add micg huz to your buddy list Send an Email to micg huz
Phyrra
Baron

Registration Date: 04.24.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Phyrra Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I voted for Sophie . She's so caring and thoughtful. I bet she'd always be there, right when you needed her; and she'd always remember birthdays and other special occasions. Not to mention how beautiful she is...

A real shame that Howl has nabbed her...

Thanks to mpw3d who made ths amazing sig! The avatar was made by Sarah, from www.digik.net

05.31.2006, 10:34 AM Phyrra is offline   Profile for Phyrra Add Phyrra to your buddy list
anumalik
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.23.06
  matters what you prefer.Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by anumalik Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Since I am not male I don't have quite a say in this, but for fun if I were a guy I would pick the best ghibli girlfirend depending on what I was into..

If you want someone who is homy, likes to work with her hands, cooks fabulous foods and is a house mom you would prefer Sophie (Howl's Moving Castle)

If you want someone childish, yet innocent, with deep level of compassion and love you would prefer Chichiro (Spirited Away)

If you want someone strong, capable of handling herself, someone who is not afraid of danger you would prefer San (Princess Mononoke)

If you want someone who is great at delivering things, knows how to use magic, and has her own business with a lot of charisma you would prefer Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service)

and so on and so on...........

...when I look at him
I can see a boy hidden in the depth of his piercing blue eyes,
a boy who is longing his freedom......

06.05.2006, 10:48 PM anumalik is offline   Profile for anumalik Add anumalik to your buddy list
arren
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.11.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I voted for Nausicaa! She's kind, and capable of doing anything. I was going to vote for san but she's just so explosive, and seems like she hates humans anyway

"Since I am not male I don't have quite a say in this"
-anumalik

I think everybody should have a say, just for fun ya know?

one day I tried to explain Spirited Away to Tess (who doesn't watch anime)...

Tess: but see that's just weird! I mean what would you think if your boyfriend suddenly turned into a dragon?

Me: (short pause) THAT WOULD BE SO COOL!!

06.13.2006, 04:02 PM arren is offline   Profile for arren Add arren to your buddy list
Pendragon
Calcifer

Registration Date: 06.12.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Pendragon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

If I had been a boy, I would have chose Sophie! So I voted for her^__^

Howl avatar made by ushitora Thanks!

06.14.2006, 05:13 AM Pendragon is offline   Profile for Pendragon Add Pendragon to your buddy list
Konan
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.11.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Konan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You're all forgetting Kathy, from Miyazaki's 1971 feature "Doubutsu Takarajima", in which Miyazaki is credited with adaptation, scenic design, and key animation:

And also Hilda, from Takahata's 1968 directorial debut "Horus, Prince of the Sun":

“Miyazaki is the greatest living animator… His frames are brilliantly, sunnily ‘lit’, with exhilarating shifting perspectives and cinematic movement, and a drawing style that is as detailed and dense as Brueghel.” — Philip Lopate, Film Comment
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Post last edited by Konan on 06.14.2006, 09:18 PM.

06.14.2006, 09:12 PM Konan is offline   Profile for Konan Add Konan to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I know I'm a girl, but I can still vote if I wanna!!
I think Sheeta, if only for the fact that she would be so dedicated to you, she soooo loves Pazu!!

06.15.2006, 07:42 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Cloud
Ohmu

Registration Date: 07.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cloud Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think San is the greatest girl Miyazaki created.
She is very young but also pretty and strong and I loved the story about her and this other boy Ashitaka.
I wished so much that both coming together!!!

The good thing at Miyazaki is: the girl looks mostly similary, but their characters are always different!
The girls are mostly more important for the story, than the boys, too!

I luv the susuwatari^^

Post last edited by Cloud on 07.17.2006, 05:32 AM.

07.17.2006, 05:21 AM Cloud is offline   Profile for Cloud Add Cloud to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks