QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What if CGI
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » What if CGI » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Robert
Tanuki

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  What if CGIPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Robert Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What would you do if CGI took over Ghibli as it has Disney,
One of the things I like about Ghibli is the art work in th e films it is what gives it that surel feel .

09.01.2006, 03:18 AM Robert is offline   Profile for Robert Add Robert to your buddy list
Freyarule
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Freyarule Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would hate it if CGI took over Ghibli, the beautiful thing about the movies is the artwork, I agree, I prefer the 2-D anime rather than 3-D CGI...

1st sig made my mpw3d! Yayness!

2nd sig made by Snakebite! Whootness!

3rd sig made by #1sanfan! Squeeness!

4th and 5th sig and text below made by moi

09.01.2006, 03:23 AM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That's never going to happen! But if it did...but it won't!!

09.01.2006, 08:42 AM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Freyarule
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Freyarule Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Don't do it, Ghibli!We looove yooooou!!!!

09.01.2006, 09:13 AM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ghibli's been using CGI since Mononoke, and probably even before.

You definitely won't see 3D stuff like Toy Story, for sure, but CG is already part of ghibli animation.

Btw, you mean Pixar, not Disney

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

09.01.2006, 11:05 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
Ghibli's been using CGI since Mononoke, and probably even before.

You definitely won't see 3D stuff like Toy Story, for sure, but CG is already part of ghibli animation.

Btw, you mean Pixar, not Disney

Yeh they been using it for things that in animation by hand is either not possible or would take too long but they would never make ghibli in complete CGI it would just be stupid.

09.01.2006, 11:18 AM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I dont think many people would bother watching it casue it would be to far of the beaten path. I like things how they are give or take a mononoke sequl .

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

09.01.2006, 11:21 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Freyarule
Totoro

You mean not a Porco Rosso sequel as well? lol I kid.

09.01.2006, 11:29 AM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

to be honest, i havent seen it yet. i really want to, but up here int he frozen north ghiblis on dvd are had to come by and i dont ahve alot of cash to buy it. so im oding the only thing i can, im tryng to download it but i cant get one with subtitles.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

09.01.2006, 11:32 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Freyarule
Totoro

I feel for you, I really do. I'm trying to get a cheap Disney dub DVD of PR because the one I ended up with was the Streamline one

09.01.2006, 11:36 AM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

oh tough break. Well good luck man, well pull through.

Click for Gallery^^

09.01.2006, 11:37 AM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Robert
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Robert Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by nanashi
ther is some interview with Miyazaki

--appeal of 2D animation
The amusing work can be made even from the penciled simple lines. In this times, It might be also good that we stick to the pencil thoroughly. The shop of clogs(Geta) goes under fast, and only the shop that remained at the end survives. Ghibli might be able to survive by doing so.

--about computers
To tell the truth, we also process the picture with a computer like Pixar. but, the CG staff of Ghibli exactly understands analog goodness. when we use the computer, we can change all the colors of the drawn picture. an editing are easy. we can easily intervene the others' work. It looks like rationalization. but, we must not do it.

--about the U.S. in heyday of 3DCG
It is not because of the technological revolution, It is logic of Capital. The excellent director and animator in U.S. makes considerably amusing movies, if they make the movie that is not Capital convenience. It doesn't become money though we also are making 3 short films for the Ghibli Museum now. but, it becomes amusing.

You know Final Fantasy the spirit within is totally CGI and not a bad movie , Thow Iam not happy the way American movies are going very narrow in story line and depth of scenery.

09.01.2006, 05:49 PM Robert is offline   Profile for Robert Add Robert to your buddy list
mpw3d
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.08.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mpw3d Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i dont think ghibli would go that far cause im guessin they'll lose too many viewers and plus anyway some of the animation scenes are in 3d anyway....

but im guessin if they did it would be a one off film.

www.mpw3d.deviantart.com

09.01.2006, 05:59 PM mpw3d is offline   Profile for mpw3d Add mpw3d to your buddy list Send an Email to mpw3d
Sunchaser
Totoro

Registration Date: 02.22.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sunchaser Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nooo! Ghibli can't go totally CGI!!! I like the 2-D. It's very pretty...LOL...Not that I have anything against CGI of course...I mean Final Fantasy was CGI so yeah.

And I dont like The Spirits Within that much...I still love Advent Children though!!

First signature made by kittycatjess. Thank you so much!
Second signature also made by kittycatjess...it's our joint sig!
Third signature made by mpw3d . Thank you!

09.01.2006, 08:09 PM Sunchaser is offline   Profile for Sunchaser Add Sunchaser to your buddy list Send an Email to Sunchaser
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Spirits Within was a colossal failure, its a good thing advent children was good or soem heads would roll.

Click for Gallery^^

09.01.2006, 08:31 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by #1sanfan
Spirits Within was a colossal failure, its a good thing advent children was good or soem heads would roll.

For a colossal failure, it did quite well in the box office It wasn't a failure, just die-hard fans over-criticizing baseless negativity. There's no reason to label anything bad just because it has nothing to do with the original plot. If anything, it's an ass-lousy reason.

Advent Children is good. But that's about as far as I would go for ratings, because apart from being a visual spectacle, it ain't much.

SW at least had a decent plot and storyline.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

09.02.2006, 05:50 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Pendragon
Calcifer

Registration Date: 06.12.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Pendragon Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love the 2D of Ghibli although they'll use the CG to help the drawing and the movement of the animes It's not a big deal, though

I miss Disney's in 90s.. I miss the drawing with hands. They were beautiful. I do not like the 3D cartoons nowadays although it's fun and good. Looks like they've abandoned the drawing ones with hand...

Howl avatar made by ushitora Thanks!

09.02.2006, 01:05 PM Pendragon is offline   Profile for Pendragon Add Pendragon to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Disney and Dreamworks have been throwing CGI movies around so much lately, they've already started to release bad ones. So at the rate they're going at, it looks like we can only trust Ghibli.

09.02.2006, 02:40 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Snakebite
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Snakebite Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nah Ghibli wouldn't do full blown CGI, it would take a long time, and it wouldn't really be anime then, Anime is more 2D, it isnt supposed to be like proper 3D like Toy Story.

09.02.2006, 03:45 PM Snakebite is offline   Profile for Snakebite Add Snakebite to your buddy list Homepage of Snakebite
Toolfan1912
Forum Shutterbug

Registration Date: 06.20.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Toolfan1912 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
quote:
Originally posted by #1sanfan

For a colossal failure, it did quite well in the box office It wasn't a failure, just die-hard fans over-criticizing baseless negativity. There's no reason to label anything bad just because it has nothing to do with the original plot. If anything, it's an ass-lousy reason.

Advent Children is good. But that's about as far as I would go for ratings, because apart from being a visual spectacle, it ain't much.

SW at least had a decent plot and storyline.

Huh thought i was the only one out there who thought that Advent Children didnt really live up to its hipe, not saying it wasnt any good but the story and plot was not the best it could have been done better.

09.02.2006, 06:05 PM Toolfan1912 is offline   Profile for Toolfan1912 Add Toolfan1912 to your buddy list Send an Email to Toolfan1912 Homepage of Toolfan1912
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks