QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - how do you think the music of Joe Hisaishi?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » how do you think the music of Joe Hisaishi? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
ghiblibli
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 09.13.06
  how do you think the music of Joe Hisaishi?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ghiblibli Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i think it's so perfect

Post last edited by ghiblibli on 09.23.2006, 07:07 AM.

09.23.2006, 07:06 AM ghiblibli is offline   Profile for ghiblibli Add ghiblibli to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Apart from his ghibli works, the only piece I've heard of is The Rain, and that was really astounding. So much so that my local japanese radio channel uses it pretty often

Anyway, he's okay. At the very least, his pieces are very inspiring and emotional.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

09.23.2006, 12:29 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
kk-on-keys
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kk-on-keys Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I haven't heard anything other than his Ghibli works, and I find those very beautiful and moving. They suit the films perfectly.

09.24.2006, 09:35 AM kk-on-keys is offline   Profile for kk-on-keys Add kk-on-keys to your buddy list
Freyarule
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Freyarule Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think they're beautiful *hugs Porco Rosso OST*

1st sig made my mpw3d! Yayness!

2nd sig made by Snakebite! Whootness!

3rd sig made by #1sanfan! Squeeness!

4th and 5th sig and text below made by moi

09.24.2006, 10:36 AM Freyarule is offline   Profile for Freyarule Add Freyarule to your buddy list
Johny
Kodama

Registration Date: 11.19.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Johny Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

He's my favourite film composer.

09.24.2006, 11:08 AM Johny is offline   Profile for Johny Add Johny to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

mine too

09.24.2006, 11:30 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

mine...as well

09.25.2006, 03:16 AM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
furs
Totoro

Registration Date: 09.23.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by furs Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Matches John Williams..

Hisaishi is a heaven sent for Ghibli films.

09.25.2006, 06:58 AM furs is offline   Profile for furs Add furs to your buddy list
tara993
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 09.26.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tara993 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

joe hisashie is really the greatest composer... i have downloaded so many of his songs!!

thanks hayao miyazaki!

09.26.2006, 12:56 AM tara993 is offline   Profile for tara993 Add tara993 to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey tara993.. WELCOME TO THE FORUM AMIGO!!
I can guarantee that you will have a great time!! (I think )
So: enjoy yo stay!!

09.26.2006, 03:12 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
ftofficer
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 12.17.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ftofficer Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I have almost all his albums, including the OST and Image Albums for GHIBLI movies, and his famous "Piano Stories" I, II, III. All of them are veryyyyy excellent.

In all the musics, my faverate are:
- Taiju in Laputa Image
- The girl who fell from the sky in Laputa OST.
- Ashitaka and San, any version
- Reprise in Spirited Away OST.

They always live in my playlist.

09.26.2006, 10:03 PM ftofficer is offline   Profile for ftofficer Add ftofficer to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

YOU ARE NEW ASWELL!!
WELCOME AMIGO!!
Holy Moly - this forum is growin fast!!
New ghibli freaks like us everyday!!

09.27.2006, 03:29 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
furs
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by furs Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Lots of ppl saying Porco and Laputa tracks are aces. I haven't really focussed listening on those. I'll prolly download those pieces one of these day.

Welcome to the forum ftofficer and tara993.

09.27.2006, 05:57 AM furs is offline   Profile for furs Add furs to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

I dont have those on Cd, but I really liked the music while seeing the movie!!

09.27.2006, 11:36 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
furs
Totoro

buy them then share the files to us.

09.27.2006, 04:00 PM furs is offline   Profile for furs Add furs to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

If I buy them, which might take a while, then ill share them (dunno how thow, u can explain me then)
If you want I can share Nausicaa OST and Symphony version, i have them!!
Tell me how to do it, ill try!!

Post last edited by Loscil on 09.27.2006, 04:28 PM.

09.27.2006, 04:27 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Cherry
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cherry Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i found on the internet the soundtrack of the procesion of the spirits and it looks like its on remix or something...its strange

Sig made by Miyrru! <33

09.27.2006, 06:08 PM Cherry is offline   Profile for Cherry Add Cherry to your buddy list
Cherry
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Cherry Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

aww i love the reprise,but i think the return its a bit sad

Sig made by Miyrru! <33

09.27.2006, 06:12 PM Cherry is offline   Profile for Cherry Add Cherry to your buddy list
Hyuma
Kodama

Registration Date: 04.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Hyuma Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I LOVE Summer.

09.29.2006, 04:13 PM Hyuma is offline   Profile for Hyuma Add Hyuma to your buddy list Homepage of Hyuma
furs
Totoro

I read a Takahata interview one time saying that Hisaishi is in a totally different musical genre before Miyazaki discovered him.

Before Nausica, Takahata said that Hisaishi is into:

"Minimal Music"

He says it's like: improvising on a limited number of sounds which are repeated continually

Well, im just glad someone noticed him, and puts him right where his talent belongs.

09.29.2006, 11:07 PM furs is offline   Profile for furs Add furs to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks