QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Hey is there gonna be a Howls Moving Castle 2
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Ghibli Discussions Hey is there gonna be a Howls Moving Castle 2 Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.09.07
  Hey is there gonna be a Howls Moving Castle 2Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by faith_4_jensen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey ppl i was wonderin if anyone knows if there be a Howls Moving Castle 2 at all as i really lie that film i be greatful 4 any help

02.17.2007, 03:24 PM faith_4_jensen is offline   Profile for faith_4_jensen Add faith_4_jensen to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
as far as I know, miyazaki never does or will do sequels..
ie: the answer is no.

02.17.2007, 04:29 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Studio has never done, and never will, do sequels.

No offense, but ghibli isn't like Disney and their money-making spinoffs. Their movies are for art and enjoyment, plain and simple

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.18.2007, 05:06 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Unless there is another studio that has secured the rights to produce Howl's anime from the original author, or there was a malicious takeover of Ghibli and the whole of the current Ghibli management is kicked away, the chance of seeing a Howl's sequel is close to zero.

Well, Disney probably has enough monetary power and talents to initiate a takeover, and turn Ghibli into a nice fat cash cow . It has already swallowed Pixar alive, after all.

02.18.2007, 06:01 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Jiji Well, Disney probably has enough monetary power and talents to initiate a takeover, and turn Ghibli into a nice fat cash cow . It has already swallowed Pixar alive, after all.

Money doesn't buy you everything And this ain't America we're talking about.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

02.18.2007, 06:52 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
thundercat2
Tanuki

Registration Date: 07.22.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by thundercat2 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The only exception is Whisper Of The Heart. The Cat Returns is sort of a sequal. TCR is a story written by Shizuku.
Baron and Muta where orignally from Whisper.
It even has one of the instrumental peices from Whisper that where used in 2 key scenes.

It's a Baron + Haru site!

02.18.2007, 05:00 PM thundercat2 is offline   Profile for thundercat2 Add thundercat2 to your buddy list
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i doubt there will be a sequel for howl's moving castle.. i agree with what everyone said miyazaki doesn't do sequels.

02.18.2007, 05:30 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by thundercat2
The only exception is Whisper Of The Heart. The Cat Returns is sort of a sequal. TCR is a story written by Shizuku.
Baron and Muta where orignally from Whisper.
It even has one of the instrumental peices from Whisper that where used in 2 key scenes.

Okay... next person to claim TCR as Whisper's sequel or ANYTHING close to that idea gets slapped around with a quarter-ton bluefish tuna.

It's not. The end. DON'T! Even think about it.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

02.19.2007, 07:07 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
ooohh..
strong reaction there.
I like tuna.. shall i say it?

02.19.2007, 08:15 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
tamasaburo
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tamasaburo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

thats a lot of tuna where you gona get that much tuna.
and most ghibli films have endings that make it hard for sequils and there should never be sequils they would spoil the original film if it wasnt made right.

02.19.2007, 09:13 AM tamasaburo is offline   Profile for tamasaburo Add tamasaburo to your buddy list Send an Email to tamasaburo Homepage of tamasaburo
Jiji
Oldie newbie

Registration Date: 01.15.05
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Jiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller Okay... next person to claim TCR as Whisper's sequel or ANYTHING close to that idea gets slapped around with a quarter-ton bluefish tuna.

"Peace and agreements through superior force?"

I wouldn't call TCR a sequel either since the major plots of the two stories are not connected. But whether you like it or not, the shared characters and elements are already enough to make TCR worthy as a spin-off of Whisper, at least in the generally accepted sense.

Oh I have the Death Star ready too, FYI.

02.19.2007, 09:19 AM Jiji is offline   Profile for Jiji Add Jiji to your buddy list Send an Email to Jiji Homepage of Jiji
:Dom:
Kodama

Registration Date: 01.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by :Dom: Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Jiji
quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller Okay... next person to claim TCR as Whisper's sequel or ANYTHING close to that idea gets slapped around with a quarter-ton bluefish tuna.

"Peace and agreements through superior force?"

I wouldn't call TCR a sequel either since the major plots of the two stories are not connected. But whether you like it or not, the shared characters and elements are already enough to make TCR worthy as a spin-off of Whisper, at least in the generally accepted sense.

Oh I have the Death Star ready too, FYI.

I'd say it was a spin-off.

A Howl's Moving Castle II? It wont happen but I don't think it could beat the first in honesty.

Post last edited by :Dom: on 02.19.2007, 02:04 PM.

02.19.2007, 02:03 PM :Dom: is offline   Profile for :Dom: Add :Dom: to your buddy list Send an Email to :Dom:
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by Jiji Oh I have the Death Star ready too, FYI.

Fire away! FIRE AWAY!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!

On a side note, all (that I/we know off) the recent manga by Hiiragi Aoi are inspired by her Baron doll, so if you're arguing in that sense, then they're all related to each other then.

But TCR isn't a sequel to Whisper simply because the titles don't match, nor was there any proclamation of it being a sequel. Unlike TCR and YUme no Machi (the latter had, written in smaller font, the TCR japanese title "Baron: Neko no Danshaku".)

In fact, if I remember correctly, the comment on it being "a sequel" was only part of a phrase- the whole phrase was "a sequel of sorts", and it was from a review by a critic.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

02.20.2007, 06:18 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
PorrcelioRosso
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.20.07
  not thier will be no sequal to that moviePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by PorrcelioRosso Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hayao will not make a sequal to howls moving castle thier was too much base on the movie and it was ended with a happy ending he is not to strong on sequals

02.20.2007, 04:06 PM PorrcelioRosso is offline   Profile for PorrcelioRosso Add PorrcelioRosso to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by PorrcelioRosso
Hayao ... is not to strong on sequals

Understatement of the year award goes to... PorrcelioRosso!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.21.2007, 06:13 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks