QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Favourite Ghibli Transport?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » Favourite Ghibli Transport? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Umfrage: What is your favourite Ghibli transportation?
Kiki's Broomstick (Kiki's Delivery Service)
Nausicaa's Glider (Nausicaa and the Valley of the Wind)
Yakul (Ashitaka's Elk) (Princess Mononoke)
Porco's Plane (Porco Rosso)
The Neko Bus (Cat Bus) (My Neighbor Totoro)
Lupins Car (Lupin Series/Movie)
Dola's Plane (Castle In The Sky)
The Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle)
Results
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
Pink
Calcifer

Registration Date: 09.10.07
  Favourite Ghibli Transport?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Pink Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

What is your faviourite Ghibli mode of transportation?

Mine is Nausicaa's glider, and my second favourite would be Yakul, Ashitaka's elk.

P1nk777@Deviant

10.02.2007, 09:02 AM Pink is offline   Profile for Pink Add Pink to your buddy list Send an Email to Pink Homepage of Pink AIM Screenname: P1nk777
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Catbus. For obvious reasons.

10.02.2007, 10:59 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

nice poll pink.

it has to be Yakul, cuz honestly, hes teh sweetest ride ever!

but i guess Neko Bus would be 2nd
and Kiki's broom 3rd

10.02.2007, 08:37 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

sorry for the double post,
but didn't Nausicaa's glider have a name in the Japanese version, but not in the English?

10.02.2007, 08:49 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
Pink
Calcifer

Registration Date: 09.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Pink Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Im not too sure, i havent seen the japanese one for a long time.

P1nk777@Deviant

10.03.2007, 12:48 AM Pink is offline   Profile for Pink Add Pink to your buddy list Send an Email to Pink Homepage of Pink AIM Screenname: P1nk777
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ah,if only i lived in the moving castle;id put one of the portals at school so i woulnt have to wake up at 6 am anymore.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

10.03.2007, 01:25 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Nausicaa's glider is called Mehve (spelling changes).

Nekobus, cause hes cool.
Yakul in close 2nd.

10.03.2007, 05:03 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Mehve. I won't like being in a constrained cocpit, but I'll bet flying free in the wind must be real swell.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

10.03.2007, 11:45 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Artoo
Warawara

Registration Date: 07.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Artoo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Cat Bus for me! A genius creation with definite hints of Lewis Carroll's Cheshire Cat, it fits the story so wonderfully, whilst still retaining the 'what the --- ?!' factor even after several viewings.

And that sound as the door of the Cat Bus opens (is it a moog?) is fantastically chosen too.

10.03.2007, 12:11 PM Artoo is offline   Profile for Artoo Add Artoo to your buddy list
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

definetly cat bus there is nothing better

10.03.2007, 10:22 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i really must see that movie.

10.03.2007, 10:24 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

the Neko bus, yakul and howl's castle all come close for being great charcters as well as transport but the castle wins for me. One of the most brilliantly constructed non-living (technically...?) characters ever.. closely followed by the baron in Whisper.

10.05.2007, 06:50 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

i vote arrens horse in earthsea,that thing is adorable.... and resembles what a horse,alpaca and camel would look like if the were formed together.

10.05.2007, 07:25 AM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
WingedBandit
Tanuki

Registration Date: 10.13.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by WingedBandit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Catbus of course. From the first time I saw that film I always wondered what it would be like to sit on a warm, fuzzy, living seat. It looks very comfortable.

I was just thinking that it would probably be horrible for someone with allergies though.

10.15.2007, 11:20 AM WingedBandit is offline   Profile for WingedBandit Add WingedBandit to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

yeah like me
it would still be cool though.

why am i the only one whos votes for Yakul??
this poll has been up for aboot 2 weeks and not one other person agrees with me, shesh

Post last edited by ={HSA}= MORO on 10.15.2007, 10:24 PM.

10.15.2007, 10:23 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
WingedBandit
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by WingedBandit Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just realized nobody voted for Dola's Plane, come on it wouldn't be that bad... yeah, I wouldn't choose it for my transport either.

Post last edited by WingedBandit on 10.16.2007, 11:36 AM.

10.16.2007, 11:36 AM WingedBandit is offline   Profile for WingedBandit Add WingedBandit to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

lol,
and i also see, another whole days gone by without one more vote for Yakul
well there is only a limited amount of voters but stll,
i think ill make another account just to vote for Yakul,
actually never mind thats too much work

10.16.2007, 10:37 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
WingedBandit
Tanuki

I would vote for Yakul if Ashitaka came with it.

10.17.2007, 04:38 AM WingedBandit is offline   Profile for WingedBandit Add WingedBandit to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

lol,
well he could be ur chauffeur, so to speak
but in less u ride on his shoulders, i dont think he counts as a transport

10.18.2007, 05:18 PM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
WingedBandit
Tanuki

quote:
Originally posted by ={HSA}= MORO
lol,
well he could be ur chauffeur, so to speak
but in less u ride on his shoulders, i dont think he counts as a transport

LOL. Yes, Ashitaka can be my transport.

10.18.2007, 10:29 PM WingedBandit is offline   Profile for WingedBandit Add WingedBandit to your buddy list
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks