QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Cutest anime charachter
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Cutest anime charachter » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    »  ]
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well less gone more lost track ^^ Y'know how it happens one day your online the next your outside doing...outside things. Yeah, i've really branched out

07.05.2007, 02:13 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hey saddles, dont you have some of them when i was still sendin you the manga? maybe we didnt get that far, but if you want i can send you more of the anime, its still sitting on my computer.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

07.05.2007, 04:05 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I remember you and knew you were gone Nausicaa Cat. Missed you big time too

Your last post was difficult to understand. Are you playing a sport now?

07.05.2007, 06:52 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
Scan please. You know the address.

This is the lighthearted manga isn't it that is based on the Shinji alternative reality where they all go to school and Misato is the teacher? I've read a couple of volumes of that and it was so funny to see Rei say "Oh, crap!" at one point. Brilliant.

But why deprive everyone else of it?

Here's the 1st time she appears:

And here's a full-sized pic, but if you ask me, it's badly drawn.

IMO she still looks her best in colour, and in uniform.

Although a group picture does fine too.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.06.2007, 12:03 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Well, my sister thinks Momiji ia hot when he's older. If this was my laptop I was using I could show a picture, it it's not. She hates the later style of Tohru by a long shot. She likes the two black haired people in the later ones.(ones a girl, and ones a guy. I forget their names.)

07.06.2007, 06:06 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Umm no, no sport its not really my thing the whole outdoorsy-ness. Im a bit of a danger-attracter to say the truth, i can pretty much hurt myself walking out my front door. Missed you too Seji!
Oh 1sanfan i like your sigs of Sola? Isnt it? I've been watching that but cant find episode 12 (grrr...).
Momiji hot? That seems kind of wrong to me...

Post last edited by Nausicaa_Cat on 07.06.2007, 10:57 AM.

07.06.2007, 10:56 AM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by #1sanfan
hey saddles, dont you have some of them when i was still sendin you the manga? maybe we didnt get that far, but if you want i can send you more of the anime, its still sitting on my computer.

Yes, I have them and read them all through several times. I love this manga, because it grows from that funny fantasy/doujinshi episode in Shinji's head.

You sent me up to vol2, ch3. I thought this fansub was discontinued after vol4, ch1 because a US publisher was going to do an English translation? I didn't know you had any more after vol2/ch3 but if you have, and its not too much hassle for you to send it, I'd love to read more.

Here's one of my favourite pages - its great to hear Rei say "Oh, crap!" I love this version of her, she's so full of life and fun and can be quite bitchy back at Asuka which is cool.

And a couple of her in that dress taken from the computer game although I don't like this artwork that much - her head is drawn too big:

And finally just for Roar a nice school uniform fanart, nice and simple with a great smile:

Hm. Four pix of Rei in one post and she's not looking like her brain is coasting in neutral in any of them. Has to be a record.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.06.2007, 02:17 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i ill send the rest tomoorw, im too tired right now.

i think im going to do two rei sigs using the first 2 pics, the 2nd one has been vectored, but it should be fine. thanks for the material.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

07.06.2007, 04:27 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

you guys realize that Ayanami is 14 right

07.06.2007, 11:16 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

She was 14 when NGE was released, so she should be in her twenties now, just right for me.

Computer Game? Now reeeaaally.....

Me diggin' that 2nd pic as da best in cocktail.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

07.07.2007, 12:58 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Seiji
you guys realize that Ayanami is 14 right

You do realize she doesn't exist though? Which makes it alright coz nuthin illegal can take place?

I get a lot of flak (actually you're not giving me flak, I know you're just having fun) but just because I find a 14YO female anime character cute does not mean I'm pervy. Rei (and Shizuku and Kiki and Sheeta) at that age all invoke fatherly feelings in me. Protective feelings. Its very much a "want to be nice to and look after" emotion - either that or in cases like Shizuku and Sheeta - I'm just totally impressed by how strong that person is, how independent.

Also many of them are simply beautiful to look at and I like doing that, it doesn't make me a freak.

So, being a fanboy of an anime character does not equate to being mucky.

I think I've said all that before, but wanted to say it again anyhow.

Out of nervous guilt probably.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.07.2007, 04:09 AM.

07.07.2007, 04:08 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Indeed. There doesn't have to be anything dirty about it. Besides, 14 almost seems to be a lucky number for female anime characters that look nothing like their age. In the series Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, there is a character called Yoko who is suppsoedly 14, despite all the evidence against it.

07.07.2007, 05:54 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Hm, when I first watched Eva it was one of the very first things I'd seen other than Ghiblis. In Ghibli movies the girls look their age. So when Rei and Asuka show up supposedly 14 but with the shapes of 20 year olds I was a bit puzzled. Of course I later found out this is normal for anime and manga, in fact they could both be described as flat chested compared to some extreme examples (which are just scary and ugly).

Occasionally you'll get girls with the faces of 8 or 9 year olds and below the neck they could be 10 years older. That bothers me slightly, its not exactly discouraging paedophilia is it?

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.07.2007, 04:19 PM.

07.07.2007, 10:39 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That happens a lot. In some cases, it almost encourages paedophilia.

Post last edited by arren18 on 07.07.2007, 01:56 PM.

07.07.2007, 01:56 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
J.L.Jones
Warawara

Registration Date: 06.24.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by J.L.Jones Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

but if you look at the media these days, especially in cartooning, they promote younger characters to meet requirements in order to boost ratings. hence the bodies to attract the male viewers while the age to attract the female viewers so they can relate....

Beyond The Black Moon Lies My Soul, Covered In The Shadows Of Time, I Dwell In The Comfort Of The Night

Rage Is Like A River, Hatred As Its Current Destroying Everything In Its Path...
This Beast That Lies Dormant Beneath The Exterior Feels Strong... It Feels Good... Watch It Rise To The Surface As My Blood Boils And Anger Engulfs My Very Soul

07.07.2007, 08:19 PM J.L.Jones is offline   Profile for J.L.Jones Add J.L.Jones to your buddy list Send an Email to J.L.Jones
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Technically, the usual age for anime chaarcters is 15, cuz that's the age when students enter the 1st year of high school.

Still, can't deny how people get... carried away with 2D girls.

Anyway, saddle, about that computer game...

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

07.07.2007, 11:14 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I don't have it. I have just seen screengrabs around on the net. Those sorts of games really aren't my thing. It was called "Ayanami Raising Project" which sounds horrible, like she's a pet or a zoo animal - yuck! I think the player was a 'brownshirt' admin person working at NERV (attached to Dr Akagi's team) and your job was to look after Ayanami because she isn't (in Dr Akagi's words) "very adept at living", so basically you look after her - and well, you can guess the rest.

I can't even recall what format it was, whether console or PC.

I'm sure a Google will turn it up.

EDIT: few mins later. Here it is. Not for me, this just leaves me cold.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayanami_Raising_Project

and then there's a link from the main Girlfriend of Steel game page as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girlfriend_of_Steel

Gotta hand it to Gainax for milking the EVA cash cow for all it's worth...

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.08.2007, 06:04 AM.

07.08.2007, 06:00 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

The game actually sounds complex, or at least more complex than the standard sim-game. And although I can see that the game is obviously geared towards VERY close interaction with Rei, there doesn't seem to be any suggestion of any risque behaviour.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

07.08.2007, 11:53 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I've seen some screen grabs that disagree with you

I don't know how far player and character interaction get and I've not seen full nudity but I have seen a topless pic, and some rather dodgy swimsuit pics which was enough for me to lose interest at once.

Rei Ayanami and that kind of stuff just isn't right.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.09.2007, 01:55 PM.

07.09.2007, 07:02 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
that kind of stuff just isn't right.

Agreed.

07.09.2007, 08:09 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  «    ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks