QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Which opening do you like?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Which opening do you like? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
Which opening do you like?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Okay, here's two of the openings
for Tsubasa Chronicle.
I want to get my friends hooked on it and need to have advice on which one would get your attention.
I like the first
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUROjSrqZfE
www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYQL67-7vAQ

There. They should work now..

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 11.18.2006, 02:51 PM.

11.18.2006, 02:22 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sorry, I think there's only 2.
Tell me if I'm wrong, and
sorry for double posting but
I kept using edit on the first
post, around twenty times, to get them
to work.
Please tell me which ones best to show my
friends!

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 11.18.2006, 02:56 PM.

11.18.2006, 02:53 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Personally, I think the opening for the first season is the better of the two. Somehow the 2nd season opening sounds... wrong.

That's my opinion. Eh, if you want a REALLY great opening, watch Tsukihime (Lunar Legends in the dub). Personally, that is THE best opening EVER.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

11.18.2006, 10:56 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i like both of the openings..that's my opinion though.

11.18.2006, 11:46 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, goodie!
I love the first opening, but
I can't get used to the second.
It sounds sorta..retro I guess..
I've got my friend hooked on the manga,
and plan to show her the show, cause
she has bad internet.
But on other sites, they say the first opening
is better than the second.
But the same thing happened with Bleach, my
friend critiszies the show by the opening, she
wasn't going to watch Bleach, but I had looked
into that before it aired on a local TV channel.
The first opening for that show is akward and reminds
me of the second opening for Tsubasa..hmm..
It's just that beginning part that bugs me.
I've tried to see if any ones heard of it around
where I live:Nope, NONE WATCH THE ORIGINAL JAPANESE!!
It's not in English and is still being aired in japan, but
english manga is out. And Fai's in this anime.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 11.19.2006, 08:41 AM.

11.19.2006, 08:34 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just out of curiosity, what the hell is Tsubasa Chronicles about? I've heard of it a lot, but I don't know anything about it. And besides, I want to add to my list of "Anime to watch"

11.19.2006, 12:12 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

You've come to the right person.
Okay, how can I explain this?
It's about a archeoligist named Syaoran
and his childhood friend Princess Sakura.
One day, something terrible happens and
Sakura's memory flys to different worlds.
The high priest, Yukito(CCS), sends the
2 to the dimmensional witch, Yuuko(xxxHOLIC),
for help.
Along the same reason, in another world,
old japan, a princess named Tomoyo(CCS),
sends her finest ninja, Kurogane, to help.
(I'm not exactly sure if that's the reason yet
or not)
And in another world(???), a wizard named
Fai has just put his king into eternal slumber.
But to make sure his king can't find him, Fai
must run to world to world. He then sends
himself to Yuuko.
Wen the four arrive, they each have a price
to pay for their wishes.
Kurogane gives her his sword, Fai his magic
tatto(um..), and Sakura's memory of Syaoran.
Thus the journey begins!!
I tried not to add any spoilers, so if it doesn't make
sense, watch the first episode.
It also has characters from other clamp series,
such as CCS and Chobits.
There are 51 episodes and a movie I believe.
Hope that explained some.
Want me to post the first episode?

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 11.19.2006, 02:26 PM.

11.19.2006, 12:51 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller Tsukihime (Lunar Legends).

Never heard of this, can you give me a thumbnail sketch of what its about and the anime style / date of release etc? Please.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.19.2006, 01:44 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Eh?
Never mind, Saddle, are you posting in the wrong thread?
Or are you supposed to post that here?

11.19.2006, 01:51 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
Eh?
Never mind, Saddle, are you posting in the wrong thread?
Or are you supposed to post that here?

Er... yeah. If you go up a few posts you'll see I'm quoting Roarkiller and asking him a question about his post.

Is there a problem?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.19.2006, 04:59 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

No, just confused.

11.19.2006, 05:01 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by foreignfilmfreak
It's about a archeoligist named Syaoran
and his childhood friend Princess Sakura.
One day, something terrible happens and
Sakura's memory flys to different worlds.
The high priest, Yukito(CCS), sends the
2 to the dimmensional witch, Yuuko(xxxHOLIC),
for help.
Along the same reason, in another world,
old japan, a princess named Tomoyo(CCS),
sends her finest ninja, Kurogane, to help.
(I'm not exactly sure if that's the reason yet
or not)
And in another world(???), a wizard named
Fai has just put his king into eternal slumber.
But to make sure his king can't find him, Fai
must run to world to world. He then sends
himself to Yuuko.
Wen the four arrive, they each have a price
to pay for their wishes.
Kurogane gives her his sword, Fai his magic
tatto(um..), and Sakura's memory of Syaoran.
Thus the journey begins!!

Sounds reasonably insane.

11.20.2006, 02:07 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That sounds pretty cool. I like the fact that all of the other clamp stories tie in (though I'm no more than kind of familiar with any of them).

11.20.2006, 05:03 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sorry, was on a 16-hr shift yesterday. Basically was working from 7am to 11pm.

I need a new job.

Anyway, a simpler summary of Tsubasa Chronicle: Basically a fantasy/magical genre series. Like fantasy, it has a group of people, obviously with astounding skills. Like a magical genre, they're out hunting stuff; in this case, Sakura's memories in the form of feathers.

Think of it as a slightly serious version of Cardcaptor Sakura. With better voices (Sakura's especially).

@Saddletank: Shigetsutan Tsukihime by Animenfo.

It's a vampire show, very sombre settings, based on a H-doujinshi game. So I say, but the company is now a full-fledged company thanks to this game, which drew fans not for its hentai, but for it's incredible storyline and plot. And it shows in the series.

Shiki is an average guy with a not-so-average ability: the ability to see 'death' in the form of death lines. The only thing stopping him from insanity is a pair of special glasses gotten from a witch which allows him to have normal vision so long as he keeps them on. And typical of stories like this, he has a horrid past (explained later in the story, since his history is, well, pretty gruesome).

The main story begins when Arcueid, a vampire with an equally disturbing past, awakened to search for the being responsible for turning her into a vampire.

In their first meeting, Shiki's bloodline is invoked and "kills" Arcueid, which should be impossible considering that she's supposed to be a pretty damn powerful vampire. Injured, she enlists Shiki to assist her.

Storyline-wise, it is very original unlike other vampire shows, where blood-sucking is the main focus. Here, the focus isn't on Arcueid, but on Shiki. Yes, not the vampire. Shiki's history is the basis of the story.

Like I said, the story is very sombre, so be prepared for more dialogue and silent scenes then you would expect. However, with a gripping storyline, you'll be glad to have watched it long enough to discover Shiki's past.

*spoilers on Shiki's past*

DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THE ENTIRE SERIES. YES, HIS PAST EXPLAINS THE ENTIRE SERIES.

*sources from both the anime and original game*

Shiki is actually adopted, not from the Tohno family. His original family actually has a dark secret; they possess an ability known as "Nanaya" or Seven Nights, or killer instinct of sorts that makes them extremely adept in combat- or killing, actually. The choice I have personally known is just a flick knife, both in this story and another story by the same people (same powers too).

The Tohno family has an equally dark secret. Generations ago, they had a deal with the devil (or smthng, forgot the details) in order to obtain superhuman powers. Every generation, the leader of the family is the one that exihibits the strongest power. With the power, though, comes a curse; that person now needs blood to survive.

In the present generation, they had two children; Akiha is the younger sister, and (real)Shiki is the older brother. Their father found the protagonist Shiki and kept him as family.

One day, the two boys stabbed each other.

(Real)Shiki dealt the fatal wound, so Shiki almost died. Enraged, (real)Shiki was imprisoned in the basement, and Shiki was replaced as the original Shiki, so that his disappearance wasn't revealed. His being hospitalisation was put down as a car accident. This was also when his power was awakened; his near-brush with death allowed him to now see death as well.

Moving along, (real)Shiki later got possesed by the being responsible for Arcueid's curse, and managed to persuade Akiha to release him. This is how their fates were first intertwined.

On a side note, (Real)Shiki, now Roa, also sees lines; however what he sees are lines of life. This is explained by Shiki near the end, when it was clear that Roa can only see lines on living objects like people and animals, while Shiki can see the death of everything, including non-animate objects like chairs and buildings (which, after all, do have a lifespan before deteriotating).

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

11.21.2006, 12:55 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
nanafan
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.14.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by nanafan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i like that clamp has characters from their other works and make a new story..it's interesting. i guess it's because syoran and sakura were so popular with cardcaptor sakura.. i love mokona sooooo cute!!

11.21.2006, 01:04 PM nanafan is offline   Profile for nanafan Add nanafan to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller @Saddletank: Shigetsutan Tsukihime by Animenfo.

I stopped part way down that to avoid the spoilers. You sold me on this. One I must put on my Most Wanted list. Thanks.

11.21.2006, 06:22 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Really depends on your preference for anime/stuff in general. I'm a sucker for anything gothic i.e. out of the ordinary, so Tsukihime fits the bill. Plus with such a great storyline and plot, it's hard for it not to be a favourite of mine. The animation studio did one helluva incredible job bringing the game to the screen.

My only complaint is that there isn't a longer version of their opening theme, despite the lyrics being it's title (sacred moon) repeated over and over again. But then, Mr.Bean's opening/ending is the same too, so eh.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

11.28.2006, 09:27 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks