QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Evangelion ending movies
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Evangelion ending movies » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Evangelion ending moviesPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi all

I am pretty new to anime, I have no problem admitting that. I am just (like 10 years after everyone else) discovering the marvellous, funny, wonder that is Evangelion.

I want to buy the DVDs of the various alternate endings but it seems pretty complicated.

So far I have found:

Rebirth
The End of Evangelion
Revival of Evangelion: Death(true)
Evangelion: Death and Rebirth

And.... uhm... I'm getting a bit confused by all this. Some of the above titles seem to be reworks or rehashes of other 'End' movies and I don't want to waste my money buying duplicated material - so - what is the real story of which DVDs I should buy?

Thanks all.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.19.2006, 05:20 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

To the best of my knowledge, the only two movies are "Death and Rebirth" and "End of Evangelion".

Death and Rebirth is basically a rehash of the series, with the last twenty minutes or so being new footage.
However, the beginning of End of Evangelion is all of the new footage found in the end of Death and Rebirth, followed by a whole lot more new footage. So, in order to technically have seen it all, you only need to watch the series and End of Evangelion.

At least I'm pretty sure

11.20.2006, 01:59 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

OK, thanks.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

11.20.2006, 03:57 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Supposedly fans of EVA hated the ending so much that Ando decided to cretae a new ending in the form of a movie to please the fans. Thus was born EoE.

Death and rebirth, like said, is a rehash of the entire series plus EoE. Basically, you're watching the entire series AND the proper ending in one sitting.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

11.21.2006, 12:15 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Both are on my list to Santa

11.21.2006, 06:24 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Robert
Tanuki

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Robert Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ha confused you should watch death and rebirth as the first time you watched Eva and that is why I needed some info Saddletank.
Most the movies I watch has to be purchased and with over a hundred movies my wife is having a fit.
Getting the whole series whould cost upwards of $200 Aust.

12.08.2006, 05:00 PM Robert is offline   Profile for Robert Add Robert to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks