QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Whale Rider (movie recommendation)
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Whale Rider (movie recommendation) » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Whale Rider (movie recommendation)Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Seems like im posting this in every forum i visit.

Anyway, theres this movie i caught last week made in NZ. Its a really beautiful film, the kind that has real art, with lotsa subtle messages. No guns or babes or hollywood nonsense, juz pure magic.

Juz thought u guyz should know in case it comes to the local cinemas near u. I heard its showing in america now (dunno where tho). If u live here, my country, in Singapore, too bad; the last screening was on wednesday.

So like yeah, and for those who have seen it, post ur comments here. Its a ghibli forum, so im killing myself for saying this, but there r good films outside ghibli too, better even, and this is definitely one u shouldnt miss for the world.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.07.2003, 05:39 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Rin
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.16.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Rin Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah, I heard some GREAT things about Whale Rider. I might go and see it when I can.

09.04.2003, 09:05 PM Rin is offline   Profile for Rin Add Rin to your buddy list
Rin
Kodama

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Rin Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yay! I finally saw it! You were SO right, RK. Whale Rider was great; it was so beautiful...

09.14.2003, 05:33 PM Rin is offline   Profile for Rin Add Rin to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Rin
Yay! I finally saw it! You were SO right, RK. Whale Rider was great; it was so beautiful...

*cough* Of course i am, im never wrong. *smug*

J/k, but my taste for art is pretty delicate. And im VERY harsh in my ratings. No movie has gotten a perfect score, not even 9.5 in fact. And whale rider scores about 9, seriously pulled down by predictability, and one other factor i cant remember.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

09.14.2003, 11:53 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Rin
Kodama

not too many decent live-action movies are out. way too many lack story and character development and are too focused on perverted junk... well, if i could recommend a movie, it'd be mostly martha (don't worry, it has nothing to do with martha stewart;though it has a lot to do with cooking). it may not have the beauty of whale rider, but it's enjoyable nevertheless. it has some great characters and a touching story. it may make you feel hungry afterwards though... (it's about a cook, lol) it starts out with a melancholy feel but it soon gets better. it's all in german (with subtitles) and it's out on dvd/vhs right now. not a very popular movie since it wasn't released in too many theatures, but hey, it's a good one.

09.16.2003, 12:15 AM Rin is offline   Profile for Rin Add Rin to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks