QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Arts Thread
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Tavern » General Discussions » Arts Thread » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    ...  95  96  97  98  99  100    »  ]
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thank you. It was drawn on paper.

My Anime List

03.18.2012, 12:18 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
Hiku
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.16.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Hiku Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Kazegami Your drawing is SO good
I can never draw fingers and those roses look complicated to draw.

Puppy by Hikuki, on Flickr

This was done some time ago. I love animals!

Post last edited by Hiku on 04.06.2012, 08:16 AM.

04.06.2012, 08:14 AM Hiku is offline   Profile for Hiku Add Hiku to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

That is cute, Hiku.. A lot of people can't draw even that well...

04.06.2012, 01:09 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Hiku
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.16.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Hiku Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks Husky, this is one of my best drawings.
Everyone has their own things they are good at and not so good at. I'm only slightly better at drawing dogs, if I try drawing a person (real life) or a manga character, it'll end up like an alien instead or something else unidentifiable... hmm.. fingers would look worse than sausages...I don't even know how to use Photoshop to paint, create cool pictures.

04.07.2012, 08:04 AM Hiku is offline   Profile for Hiku Add Hiku to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hizaki and puppies. What else does the world need? <3

I wish I had some of my artwork to show you guys. My art teacher keeps kidnapping it all. I drew a portrait of Ryutaro but it's down in the office of my school. I didn't spray it with anything (she forgot to give me the stuff to spray it down) so I hope no one down there touches it because of all the shading. The only white part were his fingers and what of his face that was showing. >.<

I had some paintings too but my boyfriend has the one I did that can be separated of two fairies. Maybe I can steal the photo of them he put on facebook..

I've also been drawing and cutting out people in fancy dresses for art class to paste onto a background.. They aren't the greatest but my classmates have had fun playing with them and telling stories. Whenever I look at my art, I think I should be a children's book illustrator.. But I hate colouring.

04.07.2012, 09:57 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My great skill when I was in my late teens was plastic model building. Cars, planes and, best of all, ships...

My locker, when I was stationed up at Great Lakes naval Training Center, the top shelf was FULL of models. I brought one in to the officer at the mess hall and he liked it so much that he had a glass case brought in and I set up a display with blue foam for the sea. I had insisted on the case because there were some models that had been set out on shelves that had been handled and pieces broken off. I made sure that mine were not to be handled. I left them all there when I was transfered... Now days, they are too expensive.

If I can find it, I'll post a pic of the Cutty Sark from when I was about 30. I made it with the sails furled. Didn't realize until I got into it that it was the HARD way to do it. Had to thread all the sail rigging by hand. Those little blocks and tackle were murder, almost as bad as threading a needle. lol.

04.07.2012, 12:32 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My 9 years old drew/painted this for me

[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7123/6982469918_1b79bc34b1_z.jpg" border=0>
Drawings 001 by mokiepoet, on Flickr[/IMG]

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

04.30.2012, 11:25 AM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

That is very good, IMO... and only 9!!! ggreat job, young one... I know that you are proud, Mokie...

04.30.2012, 01:56 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
captain george
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.09.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by captain george Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ahhh! Its so cute

04.30.2012, 08:28 PM captain george is offline   Profile for captain george Add captain george to your buddy list Send an Email to captain george
Mokiepoet
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.23.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Mokiepoet Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Thanks guys- I am proud of her! She is a prolific little artist! I have so much art around the house, I don't know what to do with it all! I started scanning them today. My middle daughter draws comic like characters and my oldest does some dark/sad and sometimes disturbing stuff, but very good. Course I could be a little biased-lol

"We're all born with selfish desires, so we can all relate to those feelings in others. But kindness is something made individually by each person...so it's easy to misunderstand when others are trying to be kind to you." Natsuki

04.30.2012, 08:43 PM Mokiepoet is offline   Profile for Mokiepoet Add Mokiepoet to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I suppose this is probably the best place for posting these...

So recently there was an online contest for t-shirt designs based on the cartoon series Adventure Time. If you watch it, let me know! If not, start! Anyway, for this contest, my girlfriend and I came up with four different designs (she drew them and I did the computery stuff - colouring, some tracing and a little bit of text). I'll post the links here because I'm pretty pleased with them, and we'd appreciate it if people could give them some votes!

https://www.welovefine.com/vote.php?id_c...;id_submit=9125
https://www.welovefine.com/vote.php?id_c...;id_submit=8709
https://www.welovefine.com/vote.php?id_c...;id_submit=8819
https://www.welovefine.com/vote.php?id_c...;id_submit=9170

09.19.2012, 11:35 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I can't tell which is her design from that, it seems to load a whole page of various people's designs.

Also... girlfriend. Great news! You kept that quiet.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

09.20.2012, 01:08 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Oh, it should show the right one large at the top of the page, where you can mouseover to zoom in, unless it isn't loading right for some reason...

And yeah, since January, so it's not really news anymore There was quite a long time where I wasn't really posting, so I ended up not saying anything here.

09.20.2012, 06:27 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Art of.. sorts.. I reskined the texture file myself.

09.22.2012, 04:53 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
husky51
The Old Guy

as a long time (long ago) modeler I must say, cool color job...

09.23.2012, 04:35 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
arren18
Administrator

Regarding my earlier post, I've only just realised that it doesn't let you look at the designs close-up without signing in. Sorry about that! I'll copy the images in here now, but I'll add the links too in case people want to help us out by voting.

09.25.2012, 12:00 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
hopexx5
Totoro

Registration Date: 01.17.11
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hopexx5 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I drew this over the course of a night, Its very sketchy and wobbly as you can probably see, Its a picture of a Great western Railway 57XX Pannier tank locomotive, They could be found pretty much everywhere on the GWR network, and later on, In the Western region when the Railways got Nationalized, They stopped work at around i'd recon 1965, But some continued in industrial use, and many have been preserved in several locations in the UK, Im a Rail enthusiast with alot of choice for favorite locomotives, But this definitively ranks as one of my highest.
Anywaw here she is.

Post last edited by hopexx5 on 10.11.2012, 07:54 PM.

10.11.2012, 07:52 PM hopexx5 is offline   Profile for hopexx5 Add hopexx5 to your buddy list
Hippomoose
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 03.25.13
  I've been making Miyazaki inspired keychains! What do you guys think?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Hippomoose Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

https://www.etsy.com/listing/127329129/s...e-felt-keychain

03.25.2013, 11:28 PM Hippomoose is offline   Profile for Hippomoose Add Hippomoose to your buddy list
San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
Ohmu

Registration Date: 04.12.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

TETO!!!

Hey guys, the nontechie I am, I still don't know how to upload pictures, lol. So, same with last time, you need to be signed in to a google+ account to see it.

Anyways, I sketched it out on paper, taped it to the computer, and traced on freshpaint. I hate freshpaint. Only one layer available, and damn near impossible to shade.. so basically all of my computer stuff looks flat and terrible... Sorry for the ranting. Please give me constructive critisism.

03.30.2013, 10:16 PM San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g is offline   Profile for San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g Add San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g to your buddy list Homepage of San Toelle Ul Shichikokuyama-g
saviour2012
Baron

Registration Date: 02.24.12
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by saviour2012 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lots of good art video

link

Ask, think and learn. Because the more we know the more we grow.

Watching the wrong to happen is the same as commiting the wrong.

If it looks like things are forcing you to be creative, Then be creative.

its a uniquely Miyazaki film, one only he could make and its uniqueness places it beyond being easily critiqued.[About Porco Rosso]
taken from a quote of Saddletank and Orphic Okapi

07.05.2013, 10:19 AM saviour2012 is offline   Profile for saviour2012 Add saviour2012 to your buddy list Send an Email to saviour2012 Homepage of saviour2012
[  «    ...  95  96  97  98  99  100    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks