QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - I'm in love...
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » I'm in love... » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  I'm in love...Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

...with Iori. She's 16 (or might be 17) and I think I have just found the most gorgeous girl ever in the history of anime.

Stunningly, stunningly cute, eh?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 02.04.2007, 07:09 PM.

02.04.2007, 05:21 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
yoyo
Kodama

Registration Date: 12.24.06
HELLOPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by yoyo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

This is the first time I see this anime>>>
It's beautiful...
Are they have movie??

Post last edited by yoyo on 02.04.2007, 11:57 PM.

02.04.2007, 11:56 PM yoyo is offline   Profile for yoyo Add yoyo to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi Yoyo!

There is a short anime (about 4 episodes I think):

http://haiou.online.fr/masakazu-katsura/is/anime.php

But the artwork above is from the Manga "I's" which ran to 15 volumes.

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Island/1443/

About the artist Masakazu Katsura:

http://www.geocities.com/zubkavich/Interviews/Katsura.html

He also did a manga "Video Girl Ai" which was very popular and also was made into a short anime and a movie.

He's done a hentai manga as well, the girl character in that is very similar to Iori above.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

02.05.2007, 04:55 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My post dissappeared. Again.

Anyway, I"s is another ecchi-filled series, and unfortunately not even the great storyline could save it from being, well, bad. Even amongst other impossibly-dumb-but-very-kind heroes of these types of manga, the hero for this series really takes the cake. Seriously, he makes Shinji from NGE look like confident Superman.

There's another OVA series that was just release last year called I"s Pure, but I didn't watch it even though I downloaded the entire series, because right from the start it looked like crap.

Video Girl Ai, while similarly hormone-induced, has a great storyline, plot AND character development, except for one short feature of Sailormoon-esque cyborg girl. This one I can recommend the manga, although the OVA leaves much to be desired. It's not all bad though, the extras at the end of each OVA episode is worth the laugh.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.05.2007, 08:41 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

your not gonna write any fanfics about her are you?

02.05.2007, 12:34 PM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
Saddles, didnt I tell you (on wingsee) that I thought it was from I'S!!
Ha, I knew, and all I had ever seen from the manga were front covers..

02.05.2007, 06:11 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@ Roar, yes I've found out that Video Girl Ai was quite good and seems to be his most popular work.

I keep telling myself that I'll never start collecting manga (waaaay too expensive) but for this guys artwork I could make an exception, crap storyline or not.

02.05.2007, 06:21 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
emperor squirrel
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by emperor squirrel Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hell yeah

02.06.2007, 11:23 AM emperor squirrel is offline   Profile for emperor squirrel Add emperor squirrel to your buddy list
bellmetalviscera
Tanuki

Registration Date: 01.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by bellmetalviscera Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by I-B4-E THUG
your not gonna write any fanfics about her are you?

XD lawl.

She is really cute. She actually looks Japanese, too.

"Why must fireflies die so young?"

02.06.2007, 02:11 PM bellmetalviscera is offline   Profile for bellmetalviscera Add bellmetalviscera to your buddy list Send an Email to bellmetalviscera Homepage of bellmetalviscera AIM Screenname: bellmetalviscera
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yeah, its the eyes that do it for me, so pretty. Hair colour too with the light behind it and the way the light falls on her face, its a great painting.

02.06.2007, 05:46 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Student Cartoonist
Calcifer

Registration Date: 02.09.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Student Cartoonist Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Saddletank.
Number one rule
never fall in love with a animated characters
unless to have the cartoonist draws you as a character
for the anime,

Next thing you be falling in love with one my female characters. LOL

My inspiration of my work

03.04.2007, 06:57 PM Student Cartoonist is offline   Profile for Student Cartoonist Add Student Cartoonist to your buddy list Send an Email to Student Cartoonist
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Now if THAT ever happened, your hand would be tired from
drawing.^^lol

03.05.2007, 11:03 AM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Student Cartoonist
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Student Cartoonist Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ya, well Saddletank should know better than that,,
I drew this one female character and she was soo darn cute one guy fell in love her.

03.05.2007, 01:54 PM Student Cartoonist is offline   Profile for Student Cartoonist Add Student Cartoonist to your buddy list Send an Email to Student Cartoonist
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

It's OK, I'm in love with several anime/manga girls. I can juggle three or four women at once this way and there's no danger any of them will find out about the others

You can see several of my favourites in my sigs.

Obviously real ladies have certain benefits, but if two of them ever met each other, I'd be dead.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 03.05.2007, 05:04 PM.

03.05.2007, 05:03 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Student Cartoonist
Calcifer

You begaining to worry me big guy.

03.05.2007, 05:30 PM Student Cartoonist is offline   Profile for Student Cartoonist Add Student Cartoonist to your buddy list Send an Email to Student Cartoonist
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I worry me!

But, come on, anyone who doesn't find Iori attractive is either blind or dead. I showed her pic to a couple of girls at work and they both thought she was gorgeous. One of them went very quiet and asked me to email the picture to her...

So there's the hard evidence.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 03.05.2007, 05:45 PM.

03.05.2007, 05:43 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Student Cartoonist
Calcifer

What will my master think of you if he heard that you have a crush on a anime female character
yep you scare me big guy.

You need to speak to Misaki Horshi san Saddletank
about your your lust of female characters.LOL

Post last edited by Student Cartoonist on 03.05.2007, 05:53 PM.

03.05.2007, 05:48 PM Student Cartoonist is offline   Profile for Student Cartoonist Add Student Cartoonist to your buddy list Send an Email to Student Cartoonist
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Aha, now we come to the key of all this. Where did I mention lust? Anywhere? All I said was I was in love, which is quite different, and there are lots of different kinds of love.

It might surprise you that the anime girl I love the most is Shizuku Tsukishima and I have never had a single lustful thought about her. Not one. She's 14 for heavens sake! I actually love her to bits but exactly as I love my own daughter, it really is a father thing.

Same with Rei Ayanami. She is so lonely and hurting and vulnerable, my love for her is one of simple protection. No really, its true.

Iori on the other hand is simply beautiful, the most amazing anime face I have ever seen. I can also say the Mona Lisa is beautiful, and when I do you don't automatically think I lust for her do you? So why do you think I lust for Iori?

I think the problem might actually lie with you...

Don't believe me? Ah, well, that's your problem.

(this post is humorous - true but humorous, I'm not 'having a go' at you in any way).

Post last edited by Saddletank on 03.05.2007, 08:01 PM.

03.05.2007, 07:58 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Student Cartoonist
Calcifer

^^ Ok ok, I can be be proud of my characters
proud enough to have them copyrighted

03.05.2007, 10:29 PM Student Cartoonist is offline   Profile for Student Cartoonist Add Student Cartoonist to your buddy list Send an Email to Student Cartoonist
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
One of them went very quiet and asked me to email the picture to her...

LOL

And anyway, people are always obsessed with anime characters. This is the internet after all, so you're gonna have to put up with it whether you agree or not. In my opinion, actually loving characters is going a bit far, but I'm willing to go with the flow.

03.06.2007, 05:52 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks