QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Pokemon!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Pokemon! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2  3    »  ]
Georgia
Tanuki

Registration Date: 02.20.07
  Pokemon!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Georgia Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hey, does anyone remember the good old days of pokemon? I know it wasnt too long ago that the anime obsession swept over england but i seem to have forgotton about it and just recently i was fliking through channels and found new series of the programme.
I was surprised to find the show has all new characters as well as pokemon, and it didnt seem to have the same appeal beacause of this as it used to.
Are there any showings of the old-version anyone can tell me about?
Thanks x

Damn right i wonna trade cards,
I trade you,
But not my Charizard
Thanks to studentcartoonist for the drawings!

Post last edited by Georgia on 02.22.2007, 06:16 PM.

02.21.2007, 02:01 PM Georgia is offline   Profile for Georgia Add Georgia to your buddy list
tamasaburo
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tamasaburo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

pokemon is cool i bought a new pokemon dvd cald pokemon 4eva it was quite good i have all pokemon vids i think what part of england are you from,

02.21.2007, 02:39 PM tamasaburo is offline   Profile for tamasaburo Add tamasaburo to your buddy list Send an Email to tamasaburo Homepage of tamasaburo
Georgia
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Georgia Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The north-east

I trade you,
But not my Charizard

02.21.2007, 05:35 PM Georgia is offline   Profile for Georgia Add Georgia to your buddy list
kawaii.kitten
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 02.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kawaii.kitten Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

actually, pokemon4ever is one of the older ones, the newest pokemon movie is destiny deoxys which I have not seen and dont want to because of the new characters but I believe you can buy the old episodes online

02.21.2007, 08:08 PM kawaii.kitten is offline   Profile for kawaii.kitten Add kawaii.kitten to your buddy list Send an Email to kawaii.kitten
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by kawaii.kitten
actually, pokemon4ever is one of the older ones, the newest pokemon movie is destiny deoxys which I have not seen and dont want to because of the new characters but I believe you can buy the old episodes online

Lol, deoxys is so last year. Shows much far the series has actually gone.

Personally I haven't followed the series anymore. I'm only involved in the TCG, only because I'm pretty good at it, and I like tournaments.

To pull you up to speed, the newest game (coming out soon) would be Diamond and Pearl, and unless I'm mistaken, the most recent film to be dubbed and aired in America is the Lucario movie.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

02.22.2007, 10:18 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
kk-on-keys
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kk-on-keys Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Team Rocket were always the coolest characters. Are Jessie and James still in it?

02.22.2007, 03:53 PM kk-on-keys is offline   Profile for kk-on-keys Add kk-on-keys to your buddy list
Georgia
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Georgia Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

omg i loved team rocket!
yeah theyre in the new ones ive seen- but i still prefer the old 'vintage' version because the new ones have different pokemon and characters and i hate change ^^

I trade you,
But not my Charizard

02.22.2007, 04:45 PM Georgia is offline   Profile for Georgia Add Georgia to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Pokemon... Good times.
Shame I had to go and grow up. Not that I've grown up much. The only difference is that now I understand the rude things I find funny.

The games were always better than the anime, but the first two series were good. They've spoilt the games now though, by bringing in new pokemon that aren't necessary.
Oh well.

02.22.2007, 05:13 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by kk-on-keys
Team Rocket were always the coolest characters. Are Jessie and James still in it?

For the entire 600-700++ episodes of this franchise, the only episode they never appeared in is the first.

quote:
Originally posted by arren18
The games were always better than the anime, but the first two series were good. They've spoilt the games now though, by bringing in new pokemon that aren't necessary.

I don't see how adding more pkmn spoils the game. If anything, it's now a lot more challenging to complete each and every mini-game, considering how many there are, and the levels in it. Battle Tower in crystal, for example, can't be won just by levelling up to the entry criteria limit, since the trainers in the tower are as tough as IRL players. I know, I've tried.

Besides, the draw of the game is as an RPG, and the "Catch 'em all" theme.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

02.23.2007, 06:11 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
quote:
Originally posted by kk-on-keys

For the entire 600-700++ episodes of this franchise, the only episode they never appeared in is the first.

Really?

And I suppose the extra pokemon don't ruin it too much, but when you've not played a new one in ages and you pick one up and they're suddenly all there, you would be pretty confused.

02.23.2007, 06:29 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
kittycatjess
Totoro

Registration Date: 06.27.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kittycatjess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

ahhh i loved pokemon but i feel the new charicters and the new pokemon have spoilt it

02.23.2007, 02:49 PM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by kittycatjess
ahhh i loved pokemon but i feel the new charicters and the new pokemon have spoilt it

Ummm... yea like I said, I don't see how new pkmn can spoil the game, considering that it doesn't really matter if there are a hundred or four hundred, since the game still remains pretty mcuh the same (train, get badges, win the league).

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

02.24.2007, 11:55 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
kittycatjess
Totoro

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kittycatjess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i understand what ya mean Roarkiller but i think most of the new ones ore just stupid noting compaired to the origanals

02.24.2007, 03:23 PM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
Nausicaa_Cat
Baron

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Nausicaa_Cat Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I totally agree with Kittycatjess the new pokemon r dumb as... You do kno there is one thts just a tree? ITs just a tree? WAT IS THE FUN IN BATTLING A TREE? All u need is to throw a match at it for get an axe for flippin sake. THT is how the nw pokemon make a difference, there riduclous designs make it rather pointless.

p.s kittycatjess im in love with you Death Note sig

02.24.2007, 05:10 PM Nausicaa_Cat is offline   Profile for Nausicaa_Cat Add Nausicaa_Cat to your buddy list
kittycatjess
Totoro

yer i also hate the way their creatin pre-evolution pokemon, i mean its confusin enough as it is without creating back track ones as well

an thanks Nausicaa_Cat i think its pritty kool to

02.24.2007, 06:07 PM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

I think you mean Sudowoodo, and it's pre-evolution Bonsly. In which case I wouldn't throw an axe at it; it's a ROCK type, lol Throwing water at it would be more effective.

And I don't think that's a dumb as compared to Magikarp. Hell, NO pokemon can be as dumb as magikarp.

In any case, I'd rather have a very wide pool to choose from that only 151. And yes, I have Mew, and without cheating too (there's a bug in the original 3 games). Besides, the game has expanded from more than just battling. There are other contests to win too, like a popularity contest for example, or looks. And there are other ways to make them better instead of just battling day in day out. Berries, breeding, taking them to a salon (yes, there's a salon), the lilst goes on.

Y'know, somehow I get the feeling that I'm the only one who is actually still into this fad.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

02.24.2007, 11:33 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

I never thought Sudowoodo was really stupid. But I didn't know it had a pre-evolution. The pre-evolved pokemon is a bit of a silly idea, though.

And Magikrap. Well, I've already said what I think about it.

Raichu is as cool as ever. As is Flareon and Charmeleon. My favourite are oh so random.

02.25.2007, 08:15 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
I-B4-E THUG
Baron

Registration Date: 01.03.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by I-B4-E THUG Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

pokemons gay.

period.

02.25.2007, 09:32 AM I-B4-E THUG is offline   Profile for I-B4-E THUG Add I-B4-E THUG to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

I don't think there was ever any proof of that. Though you could argue that Ditto is bisexual.

Post last edited by arren18 on 02.25.2007, 03:20 PM.

02.25.2007, 03:18 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
tamasaburo
Ohmu

Registration Date: 01.05.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tamasaburo Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i think magikarp was great my friend was well devastated when it killed his charizard cos of the elements ny fav had to be phyduck he was well funny and also snorlax i cant wait for the new ones to come out to play them the ones for the gamecube was good as well.

02.26.2007, 09:34 AM tamasaburo is offline   Profile for tamasaburo Add tamasaburo to your buddy list Send an Email to tamasaburo Homepage of tamasaburo
[  1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks