QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - ?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » ? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Tanuki

Registration Date: 02.13.04
?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Siobhan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

has anyone ever noticed that in Spirited Away, no face looks different in the first shot of him than in the others?

02.22.2004, 05:49 PM Siobhan is offline   Profile for Siobhan Add Siobhan to your buddy list Send an Email to Siobhan
wolf Tooth
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.11.04
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by wolf Tooth Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No-Face's face(say that 3 times fast) changes depending on what attitude he's in.

02.22.2004, 09:26 PM wolf Tooth is offline   Profile for wolf Tooth Add wolf Tooth to your buddy list
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
ohhPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

oh I get it now. It's just he looked really different from when we first see him to the point where he enters the bathhouse. Hmm maybe that has something to do with Chihiro?--Sio

02.26.2004, 04:48 PM  
kittycatjess
Totoro

Registration Date: 06.27.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kittycatjess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i thought he changed because he was in the bath house coz when Chihiro was goin to catch the train she sed ahe ad to gt him out of the bath housecoz it was doing sommat to him, maby it was messin wiv hie hed coz of all da spirits.

06.28.2006, 05:17 PM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
Calcifer
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.18.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calcifer Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

No-Face is supposed to represent the greed of humanity. When he can have more. He temps and manipulates people in order to get what he wants. His constant eating is a little bit more obvious, gluttony, or, inother words, greed. When he has nothing he is happy and, as a result, his face that looks like a mask (may even be one) changes. It's like a shiboki mask. They are similar to the masks that are symbols for theater, Glee and Sorrow.
Do you agree with what I think of No-Face?

06.28.2006, 08:20 PM Calcifer is offline   Profile for Calcifer Add Calcifer to your buddy list Send an Email to Calcifer
SpiritedSen
Totoro

Registration Date: 05.10.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SpiritedSen Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Calcifer
Do you agree with what I think of No-Face?

I do! When No-Face eats all that food, it's like a really good analagy for the way humans are...we consume and consume, but it never really makes us happy. I think that No-Face wants nothing except friends, and he tries to fill the void with stuff, but it doesn't work. He wants Sen to like him, and tries to give her stuff to make her, bath tokens, gold, but it doesn't work, and even though all the bath house staff are serving and adoring him, he only wants Sen. He just wants to be loved and be useful, and that's what Zeniba gives him...a purpose. No-Face is one of my fave Ghibli characters...sensitive and misunderstood!

06.28.2006, 08:51 PM SpiritedSen is offline   Profile for SpiritedSen Add SpiritedSen to your buddy list
Calcifer
Kodama

Registration Date: 06.18.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Calcifer Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think he wanted Sen because he couldn't have her. She was the only person to regect his offer of gold and extra bath tokens. Just like we humans are, we want what we can't have, even if it does no good to us.

06.28.2006, 08:53 PM Calcifer is offline   Profile for Calcifer Add Calcifer to your buddy list Send an Email to Calcifer
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks