QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - whats the worst anime film you have ever seen?
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » whats the worst anime film you have ever seen? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Lupin
Calcifer

Registration Date: 04.09.07
  whats the worst anime film you have ever seen?Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lupin Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

whats the worst/a disapointing/ unsatisfactory (etc.) anime film you have ever seen?

just interested what to buy and what not to buy. coz some animes' look gd but the reviews are crap

thx

05.13.2007, 01:53 PM Lupin is offline   Profile for Lupin Add Lupin to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Karas : The Prophecy.

90 minutes of utter rubbish. Very very pretty to look at but mindlessly dull: plotless, characterless and with endless numbers of apparently meaningless punch-ups between super-heros/spirits/whatever the hell they were. It ended without reason or meaning.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.13.2007, 05:34 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

personally, i dont think their are realyl any bad movies ive watched. there are a number i didnt like but it doesnt qualify them as bad. mostly cause i sticked to ghiblis for filmwise, and all of them are solid choices.

i think akira was my least favourite, it seemed kinda a let down, and was great visualy, but it didnt work for me. now this is mostly my fault, never read reviews sof movies or series, they screw up your perception.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

05.13.2007, 05:37 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Uhh... Yugioh the Movie? Lol, sorry.

Anime movies (that has nothing to do with 100+ episode series) in general are pretty good, so there aren't too many letdowns. Besides that, it'll boil down to preference.

But if there was one I wouldn't recommend, it'd be Blue Submarine #6. Rather confusing, I couldn't make head or tail out of it when I watched it.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.14.2007, 01:42 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
the
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.02.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by the Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

any pokemon movie ever.

05.14.2007, 03:05 PM the is offline   Profile for the Add the to your buddy list
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by the
any pokemon movie ever.

The first one was okay. lol, I don't know. I saw it in theatres back like six or seven years ago.

05.14.2007, 04:45 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by the
any pokemon movie ever.

That's a bit unfair. The first and second ones were as good as the first anime series, which was alright. After that, it really bombed though.

05.15.2007, 05:20 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by arren18 That's a bit unfair. The first and second ones were as good as the first anime series, which was alright. After that, it really bombed though.

That's equally unfair. The 2nd movie (Pokemon 2000 as it is known in America) is way out of the league of the series in terms of quality, and in fact, is good enough to rival a healthy number of unrelated movies.

And it helps that, while still having something to do with the Pokemon franchise, the storyline is totally independant from the main story, and holds pretty well on it's own.

Put it this way: it's good enough for me to even RECOMMEND you to watch it. Yes, it may have it's cliched (and stupid) parts, but seriously, it can really hold up on it's own. If this was a standalone without connections to the franchise, it would probably still receive some serious attention back home in Japan.

In any case, it's never fair to put something down without seriously evaluatiing it.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.15.2007, 12:55 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Lupin
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lupin Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yh pokemon is really paants!!

WARNING: IF U R COLLECTING ALL THESE STUPID OVERPRICED CARDS (like i did when i was young) U WILL REGRET IT!!! U WILL SPEND HUNDREDS OF POUNDS/DOLLARS ON DIFFERENT CRAZES (pokemon, yo-gi-oh, magic etc.) THEN WHEN U GET OLDER THEY WILL BE LYING AT THE BOTTOM OF YOUR CUBORD LIFELESS AND THEN ULL THROW/GIVE THEM AWAY WIYHOUT ANY MONEY AND U WILL REGRET SPENDING UR MONEY ON THEM.

ps. if u r to get these card games magic the gathering is the best and is gd value for money etc.

pps. the sad thing is is that this happened to me

05.17.2007, 04:15 AM Lupin is offline   Profile for Lupin Add Lupin to your buddy list
arren18
Administrator

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

We don't really need a warning - everybody knows that they are overpriced and that you'll stop liking them. Which is all the more reason to keep hold of them when you're finished so that you can sell them at hugely inflated prices in a few years time!

And the "yeh pokemon is really paants!!" thing is a bit of a contradiction. "yeh" suggests you're agreeing, but you may have noticed that out of the 4 people who had mentioned pokemon at all, only one said it was bad.

05.17.2007, 06:01 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Lupin
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lupin Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

no when i was young i thought i would be a collecter to the death. lol

*bit of an exageration

05.17.2007, 11:45 AM Lupin is offline   Profile for Lupin Add Lupin to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

I happen to still be playing with these "stupid overpriced" cards.

And as it happens, I'm preparing for my Nationals in June in a bid to enter the Worlds in Hawaii.

And Magic is the one you should be warning people against. MTG changes the set and card restrictions far more often than Pokemon. Plus, with a faster release interval between sets and higher pricing, it has a much bigger loss of value.

Besides, you'd be surprised how some people actually make playing the games their job.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.17.2007, 12:04 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yep, you would be surprised how much these people can make, and how much work is involved in it.

@Lupin you are pretty much attacking all hobbies as most of them you get little or no return for your investment. Personally, if oyu have fun doing something, it isnt what you can get out of it that should be the most important aspect of it. I play MTG occasionally, never in any tournaments, but its fun to play, and i enjoy it.

@Roar: what do you play? im kinda curious now that you said youre going to a nationals.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

05.17.2007, 03:24 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Pokemon, obviously. Should be pretty clear from my post.

For further explanation:

*cracks knuckles*

Pkmn, unlike most other TCGs, rely a fair bit on luck and a heavy bit on speed. Simply because the game has a factor different from most: energy cost. Every creature has different attacks, and every attack has a different energy cost. Unfortunately, the rule states that you can only attach ONE energy card per turn, so it does hinder your speed by quite a bit. This is unlike MTG or DUel Masters which uses a Mana pool for universal use, or YGH where all you require is the monster and nothing else.

And if you have any knowledge of the game:

Currently my deck works in getting AROUND that rule by being able to freely move around my energy cards, so it's essentially the same as having a Mana pool in MTG. Plus, my main creature (Bannette EX) needs only two energy to attack, with a minimum of 30 to a maximum of 90 by itself, and up to 120 with minimal help. Max for the whole deck is 130, with an average of 100. Plus, Bannette has a special power that allows me to transfer 10 damage from anywhere to anywhere, even from myself to the opponent, so I can heal AND do damage at the same time.

And considering that the average life of a creature nowadays is around 100, I get the job done pretty quick. The decktype I'm using is, after all, one of the faster decktypes in the current format.

I used this same deck last year, after anticipating what will be rotated out (banned) this year so I can use the same deck two years in a row. I managed 3nd place last year due to a bad pairing, but it shouldn't happen this year.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

05.18.2007, 12:13 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Lupin
Calcifer

i know this is mtter of opinion but i think playing card games for life or bying/playing them when ur older is sad however it might just be an image and modeled by my surroundings/life.

but if you interested in buying pokemon still i hav a load of really rare cards (some of which are foil/shiny cards) from when they first came out in england, so if ur interested in bying u know who got gdgd rare ones lol

i said MTC was the best game/stratagy wise not money wise. i still rarly play MTC. (and i hav a load of rares interested?)

05.18.2007, 05:44 AM Lupin is offline   Profile for Lupin Add Lupin to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Heck, until 7 years ago I played one night a week and one weekend a month with toy soldiers, or model soldiers. Yep, I was a historical wargamer.

Everyone, sad or not, needs a hobby to unwind with. As long as it's not illegal or offensive to your neighbours do what you like.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

05.18.2007, 05:13 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

i agree, hobbies are very important. they keep you occupied and are very relaxing.

most of you write to unwind, i make sigs and watch anime, but to each his own.

Click for Gallery^^

05.18.2007, 08:05 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
arren18
Administrator

I know this is a late comment, but I'd like to say that Roarkiller is absolutely right. The Pokemon TCG is great. I've picked it up again and it is so much fun. The thing is, when most people gave up before me, I gained a lot of free cards, so nowadays I only need to trade and battle without having to buy any booster packs. Just this morning, I made an electric/grass deck, and I look forward to making use of it later (especially if I can borrow, or otherwise get a hold of, more energy cards).

06.03.2007, 07:27 AM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
kittycatjess
Totoro

Registration Date: 06.27.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kittycatjess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by #1sanfan
i agree, hobbies are very important. they keep you occupied and are very relaxing.

most of you write to unwind, i make sigs and watch anime, but to each his own.

me to, i like to make amv's as well it annoys ma mum tho she says i wast to much of my time watchin *japanese rubbish* as she calls it once an a while tho i manage to force her to watch a ghibli lol

06.03.2007, 10:40 AM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
Omis
Tanuki

Registration Date: 06.03.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Omis Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

A few years back my friend at college got me a hentai movie as a xmas pressie. I told him I loved anime but I think he got the wrong idea.

Anyone heard of Alien From Darkness?

Oh dear.... its bad hahaha

actually its quite a good laugh if you're drunk!

06.06.2007, 07:12 AM Omis is offline   Profile for Omis Add Omis to your buddy list Send an Email to Omis
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks