QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - manga drawing
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » manga drawing » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.21.07
manga drawingPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by loopy lou Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hi I'm talking not really about anime but more about manga.
I'm like REALLY into manga drawing. Has anyone heard of Letraset. I've been waiting a few weeks for some letraset pens to arrive. I want to become a manga artist when i'm older and i think this is the best place to start.
I already have quite a few manga stuff including a massive manga book that teaches you to draw practically everything to do with manga. But aparantly the pens are the best and they really help you get really neato pictures. At the moment I just draw portraits of imaganary people in school lessons and just colour them in at home.
But i really need help. What do you think the best company in terms of manga drawing.
Please reply as soon as possible, i need answers and I need them NOW!!
Thanks
LOL

Post last edited by loopy lou on 05.21.2007, 04:39 AM.

05.21.2007, 04:36 AM loopy lou is offline   Profile for loopy lou Add loopy lou to your buddy list
Kanta
Warawara

Registration Date: 05.26.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kanta Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

You don't need any special tools, but only a pencil and paper.
Look at Miyazai's drawing below. He uses only pencil and water color.
I hear Urasawa (most famous manga writer in Japan now) uses only one pen for 30 years.
You should imitate the manga drawn by your favorite writer .
Miyazaki and Urasawa imitated Tezuka's manga in their childhood and skilled up.

[IMG]http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/600/piratesaj2.jpg" border=0>[/IMG]

05.21.2007, 08:53 PM Kanta is offline   Profile for Kanta Add Kanta to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't see how you can be a manga artist without actually living in Japan, or picking up the Japanese language. Best you can do is to be a locally produced comic artist/writer. It's still as lucrative.

Usually when people mention manga drawing, you think of style and inking. I hear of people recommending copic markers a lot.

On companies, you need to actually come up with your own comics before any companies would look your way.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

05.22.2007, 12:05 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
strokes134(noah)
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 06.26.07
i no u louies a im noah!!!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by strokes134(noah) Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hi louies u no how much i luv manga n u no i own every ghibli film n i jus signed up xxx

Post last edited by strokes134(noah) on 06.26.2007, 03:23 PM.

06.26.2007, 03:18 PM strokes134(noah) is offline   Profile for strokes134(noah) Add strokes134(noah) to your buddy list
J.L.Jones
Warawara

Registration Date: 06.24.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by J.L.Jones Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

@Roarkiller - I agree with you there... I'm learning Japanese soon when my father downloads Rosetta Stone for me. I have two comics of my own atm that have multiple sketches finished i just need a site to put them on. I am planning on taking a gap year from university when i attend and taking a year in Japan to look around and see what jobs are available and how far my skills as an artist will go. I wish to be a Character designer for a games company or anime firm (my imagination is wild as i am a novellist too lol in the middle of writing a book) so if all goes well i hope to live there. I hope to God it will....

@loopy lou - I find it doesn't matter what pen or pencil you use and it sure as hell will not make you more talented. I may be fifteen but i have been drawing Manga for four years now and out of all the pens i have used, i have only gotten better with time. All i use is any old pencil i can find, a rubber, a ruler for proportions and my CGI program that helps me colour lol! I have literally fifteen manga books in the house that i have bought over the years and my friends love the comics (they help me with the storyline) you shall find that drawing comes naturally with or without speciality pencils and pens.

Beyond The Black Moon Lies My Soul, Covered In The Shadows Of Time, I Dwell In The Comfort Of The Night

Rage Is Like A River, Hatred As Its Current Destroying Everything In Its Path...
This Beast That Lies Dormant Beneath The Exterior Feels Strong... It Feels Good... Watch It Rise To The Surface As My Blood Boils And Anger Engulfs My Very Soul

Post last edited by J.L.Jones on 06.26.2007, 03:45 PM.

06.26.2007, 03:42 PM J.L.Jones is offline   Profile for J.L.Jones Add J.L.Jones to your buddy list Send an Email to J.L.Jones
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks