QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Club - Full Moon eps 4-6
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Anime Club - Full Moon eps 4-6 » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  ]
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I won't post any spoilers. Since I'm not supposed to know some of the stuff in the series yet...Although I've watched it like three times.
Oh, lyrics? Good, but which song? (I only know Eternal Snow's lyrics in Japanese and English, and Smile's. Don't listen to Eternal Snow because of something. Although, I don't know if it would hurt.)
Hm, I don't think I liked New Future that much.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 06.08.2007, 05:59 PM.

06.08.2007, 05:59 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The Nanami episode was bad. Only good thing about it was the small preview of her song.

The VA for Mitsuki/Full Moon is a singer. Changin' My Life did almost all the songs for the series, and yes, the lead singer IS the VA for Mitsuki.

You'd be surprised how different someone's voice can be when they sing. When I first heard Sakamoto Maaya (my fav VA/singer) talk normally, she sounded so... normal.

Or maybe she just lightened her voice on purpose, to sound younger. Still, it's a nice voice, like a low-pitched wind instrument.

Btw, this is just prefence, but the 10-yr-old Mitsuki is a whole lot cuter. I just don't dig those curly fries hairstyle.

@FFF: Lyrics for her debut song Myself. But Like I said, we'll wait for everyone to have watched ep7.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

Post last edited by Roarkiller on 06.09.2007, 02:28 AM.

06.09.2007, 02:27 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller and yes, the lead singer IS the VA for Mitsuki.

Thank you. And wow, yes she does sound completely different. She does a slightly different tone between the 12 YO and the 16 YO Mitsuki as well doesn't she?

Sorry, you said 10 YO where I seem to have got the idea that the younger Mitsuki is 12?

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller Btw, this is just prefence, but the 10-yr-old Mitsuki is a whole lot cuter. I just don't dig those curly fries hairstyle.

Agreed. The face is drawn 'nicer' somehow and I've always preferred brunette/auburn hair over blonde anyway

And yeah, the brunette hairstyle is a bit mad isn't it, very cute. The long flowing waistlength styles are not my preference.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.09.2007, 06:51 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yep shes 12, not 10. lets hold off a bit and maybe let a bit more discussion flow on this one. The series seems to be getting in gear pretty quickly, and i look forward to each new episode. This was a good series choice, i love almost all the charachters it has a more human take to things, the charachters are believable, and fun to watch. these 3 eps kinda slugged along with the plot, they werent anything special, but i did like mitsuki being open about her feeling for her lost parents.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

06.09.2007, 04:12 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah. There wasn't much of great quality here but I got the feeling that with Mitsuki talking about her parents; her slight issues/confusion about acting 16 while still inside being aged 12; plus Takuto's starting to notice that as a 16 YO she's pretty might be a foretaste of things to come.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.09.2007, 04:53 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

At ten, she was separated from Eichi, or so I believe. There are quite a few shots in the series itself, like the opening, the shows her when she was younger. Basically I was referring to the times when she was still in the orphanage.

Either way, ponytail > curly fries.

It's not that I necessarily like younger girls (I'm not a pedo ", it's just that younger girls still retain their childish innocence in their personality, which to me is cute. Most girl, when they grow up, become rather bitchy. Not cute.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

Post last edited by Roarkiller on 06.09.2007, 10:20 PM.

06.09.2007, 10:20 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

HRrrrm.
I must say, I think I prefer the 16 yr old Mitsuki. I find her prettier, and I think that she is actually more kawaii, because it becomes more apparent how new and confused she is to all of this. Also, at times all the joke about stuff with the 12 yr old mitsuki can get a little annoying, as, no spoilers, you will see in ep 7.

Oh, and yes Meroko can get a little annoying. I find it a little stupiod how she always tries her best and messes stuff up, and then is so "forgive me please".

@Saddles: I dont really mind the shinigami handbook. And it allowed for the "except the ones with loose socks" joke, which I thought was pretty funny. I actuall chuckled there.

06.10.2007, 03:59 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Yeah, I was wondering about that. Was it just a joke for the sake of it or was there a fashion phase among Japanese school girls to wear their socks baggy?

Kids in the UK go through similar stupid looking fashion phases in order to 'fit in' and 'be part of a group', its the usual statement that teenagers will make to be identified as part of a peer group. So was just wondering if such a fad happened in Japan around the early 2000's when this series was made.

06.10.2007, 04:04 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
Well.. the loose socks thing is still around if youre wondering about that.
I dont think its to parodise it. I guess some are loose some arent.
Its just aplain joke. Situation Comedy.

06.10.2007, 10:48 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Can I please ask that we move on to eps 7-8-9-10 this week? That way we've done 10 eps in 3 weeks, so that would be a nice round figure and we'd be done by mid-September

Post last edited by Saddletank on 06.11.2007, 06:09 PM.

06.11.2007, 06:09 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  «    1  2  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks