QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Club: Full Moon eps 7-8-9-10
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Anime Club: Full Moon eps 7-8-9-10 » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Anime Club: Full Moon eps 7-8-9-10Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Aaaand we're off!

Starting with ep7. It's Mitsuki's debut, live onstage. Enjoy the song, will post the lyrics another time.

Feel free to go on to ep8 if you want, it doesn't spoil the story much, just a discussion on Mitsuki's doubts on the success of her debut song amongst her peers.

New found peers, I might add. Go Mitsuki

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.11.2007, 10:12 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

wow, were moving fast, i might get behind cause of school, and im back into shuffle!

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

06.12.2007, 04:03 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I'm impressed. It's a darn good song. I was expecting something bouncy and quick and pop-musicky but this is really good, you can hear the feeling the singer is putting into the words. Lyrics are quite good too.

The failed audition girl was there to just add tension, but as a plot device it worked OK.

I noticed that near the beginning of the ep when her gran disapproved of Mitsuki laughing at her comic, Meroko said she was 10, and not 12...

Finally - I think Takuto is starting to develop feelings for her in her 16 YO form, isn't he? Anyone else pick up on that? His pep-talk on the balcony before she went on stage was quite moving I thought.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 06.12.2007, 06:47 PM.

06.12.2007, 06:46 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, that's his character. Being enough of an anime fan gives you a hint, but otherwise, I'll shut up.

I've been reading the manga again, despite being a less-than-satisfactory scanlation job (can't complain, it's free). I tell you, the manga provides so much more twists and turns in like only 7 vols. Currently rereading vol4. I really need to find an original japanese copy to read her second song "Missing Link".

First timers, stay away from Missing Link for a few weeks, it's got a LOT of spoilers within the song.

Anyway, on the song. This is just me, but if you think that's good, wait until you hear a couple of her other songs. In fact, apart from the first ending song, all the ending songs are the best ever in the series, in terms of music, rhythm and lyrics.

PS: I'll see if I can upload a copy of the song somewhere. It's rather big.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.12.2007, 10:52 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just watched ep.8. Not much to say about this one except her granny is really starting to annoy me now and the very shy and hesitant Mitsuki is almost as cute as the happy singing one, although the angsty/tension building plot got a little tiring towards the end of this ep.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.14.2007, 07:22 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/fullmoon/myself.htm

That's the lyrics, along with the translation. We'll assume the lyrics are accurate (or the kanji version is, at least, the english version isn't). The translation, though, needs a little modification.

----------

Why, oh why do I love you so much?
My tears overflow this much

Back in that time, there was so much to lose that I couldn't sing anything
The place I left just a while ago, that was where I had belonged

Deep in your eyes that day, I found loneliness
Are the two of us really alike?
If I'd realized it, you were always by my side

Why do I love you so much?
Your voice rings inside me so much it makes me sad
Just what it was that supported me until now
From afar, I realize it now

I cried as I continued searching like a lost chold
But there was no such thing as forever

"It's okay if you don't believe in anyone" you whispered
Were the two of us really alike?
Even though I decided then that I would protect you

Why can't I turn them to memories
You're too far, too near for me to reach
The more I tell myself to forget
The larger you loom in my thoughts

Your voice rings inside me so much it makes me sad
Just what it was that supported me until now
From afar, I realize it now

It's so easy I just can't answer

----------

Just some slight modifications. But you can really see the story behind the lyrics, which is why I just love this song. Not the best in the series, but damn good.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.15.2007, 12:18 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
I watched up to episode 9 yesterday.
Episode 9 is the worst sofar. Nothing at all happening there.
Didnt really like it.. Ill check out 10 later tday.

06.15.2007, 03:28 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Episode 9 is the worst so far? Are you watching the same anime as me???

EP.9

This is easily the best episode by far because we begin to get some proper backstory about all the main characters. Dr. Wakaouji really shone in this ep and he's become a much more sympathetic character for me now, and no longer a minor 'joke' character used merely to throw funny bits of plot at.

His school visit in place of Mitsuki's parents seemed a bit odd at first but it wasn't until the end of the ep that we find out why he did it. And the misunderstanding in the car about the music he doesn't like again seemed like just another minor 'dig' at his character, again though we found out why later. Then his saying he's already an old guy and can't understand girls but we then see him reading a teen-girls magazine and getting emotional over it - so he goes relate to girls. I thought that was a nice touch.

Takuto's talk with 16YO Mitsuki by the park fountain was really strange. He only has these sensitive talks with her when shes transformed, not when she's a child. I'm thinking he's her father isn't he? And Meroko must be her mother. Despite what Takuto says about her. In that fountain conversation, he said her debut song was a song her Dad wrote (hm, no, odd because she wrote it), then Mitsuki says "My Dad composed a song, I passed the audition with it, and I'm a singer now. Somehow I feel like even my Dad wouldn't recognize my song." to which Takuto replies: "I don't think so..." implying he thinks her Dad would recognize it. Then confesses he was a musician in his past.

What a strange conversation!

In the background throughout this scene we seen parents with children. Not children playing on their own but families being happy - the opposite of Mitsuki's situation.

And then, wow, the second half was a complete surprise. The scene with Dr. Wakaouji at the cemetery was moving. You know I'm soft but this scene of him talking to Mitsuki's dead parents and her listening had me in tears. So he has music in his past and so do her parents. Then when he walked past her there was a moment of recognition there. Maybe he saw something of her mother in her?

Beautiful, beautiful BGM in that scene.

An excellent ep, and now that silly scene between the girl who stole the Takuto 'toy' in ep.5 and had the tearful reunion with her parents makes more sense.

Who is Hazuki-san? Dr. Wakaouji mentions him/her? at the graveside.

"From now on you can pose as my dad." - a lovely touch at the end there.

EP.10

I watched this one straight after ep.9 so was on a bit of a high and didn't think this one was anything like as good. Mitsuki is starting to get real committment to sing, and for the right reasons, which is great. This eps ending was a wee but sugary but pretty good.

06.15.2007, 04:14 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Thanks for the lyrics Roar. I think these have meaning for Dr Wakaouji too don't they?

06.15.2007, 04:15 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

The lyrics make more sense if you read the manga, cuz it goes more in depth on their relationship, how they met and all that other stuff. But Eichi, being another kid in the orphanage, sounds like lonely stuff to me.

Btw, those aren't mine. I just edited some parts for accuracy.

Btw saddle, there's no way Mitsuki's parents would look that young Hazuki's her real mother, dead of course. I was sure her grandmother mentioned the name a couple of times before.

Was wanting to watch ep9-10 yesterday night, but my bro found a chinese romance movie on TV, so I ended up watching that instead. Was a really beautiful story, that movie.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.16.2007, 01:27 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

I'm still puzzling over that wierd conversation between Takuto and the 16YO Mitsuki at the fountain. It was almost surreal and made either no sense at all or is packed with meaning we can't unravel yet...

06.16.2007, 05:30 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

yeah, count me out for a while, i got exams to worry about, ill catch up later though, so keep on moving along if you want.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

06.16.2007, 05:29 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wow, I don't think I've been here for seven days. *forgot again*
Saddle, what episode is the fountain? Tell me and I'll watch it over again and see if it spoils or not. Or say the conversation to me.
Wait, never mind. It'll spoil. And NO, this won't spoil it at all, Meroko is not her mother (I know her past from the manga), and there's another role Takuto played in Mitsuki's family's life, and he is not her father. I understand that completely now from what Roarkiller said. And I'm not trying to spoil it, because some people did come to that conclusion. Meroko's name is close to her real name, which wouldn't be Hazuki.(Mitsuki's mother) And Aoi was Mitsuki's fathers name.
Oh yeah, I can't wait to explain some on the later episodes, because then I won't spoil it! I can't say too much about Takuto, and there's some parts I'll get mixed with the manga.(I haven't read the manga yet, lol, I just know certain things and my friend read it.)
Uh, and about her parents. Hazuki died when Mitsuki was born, and Aoi died the next year.

Post last edited by foreignfilmfreak on 06.16.2007, 06:47 PM.

06.16.2007, 06:45 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

It's ep9.

There's a lot of stuff not covered in the anime that exists in the manga. That needs to be uncovered slowly, FFF

Saw it yesterday, wanted to post, forgot Anyway, ep9 pretty much discloses the name of Mitsuki's mother, the relationship between Wakaouji and them, and a peek at Takuto's past.

For suspense's sake, I'll say this: Takuto's past is somewhat integral to the storyline, so keep an eye out for more hints.

Ep10 is more of a filler, but offers a good view of what happens in the entertainment industry. From what I heard from my teacher, it's true; when working in the industry, you never say "Konnichiwa" (hello/good afternoon) to the stars, you almost always say "Ohayou gozaimasu" (good morning).

Literally, the term "ohayou" literally means "It is early", usually referring to the time of day (morning, or in the case of SA, night). However, in this case, it is more of a sign of respect of their status than a referral of time.

Which explains why Mitsuki's looking very lost.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

06.16.2007, 11:05 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Not wanting to get distracted on Japanese langauge (should we have a Japanese language thread??? - but it'll end up as a clinic with you, Kanta and Tanuki being the experts...), but as to "gozaimasu" I have heard that word attached after "arigato" which I thought converted "thanks" into "thank you very much", so is "gozaimasu" a word indicating politeness? Could such a word (or similar expression) be used after "onegai"?

06.17.2007, 03:51 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Sorry, double post. It seems to be just me Roar & #1sanfan at the moment. As #1 has exams this week, shall we take a recess until he's back?

I don't mind going on but was thinking he might miss some good stuff or whatever.

06.17.2007, 12:03 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

im behind already ive only finished 6 so i have to get caught up, and with studying, im out of commision for a week, maybe you guys and elaborate on what has already occured, up to ep 10, and then ill jump in next week.

Click for Gallery^^

06.17.2007, 12:12 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

My take on the rather amazing ep.9 rather overshadows everything so far.

You really should grab ep.7 asap too, to hear her debut song.

06.17.2007, 12:16 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YO!
sorry saddles. I wast online for a couple of days, so I couldnt give a reply.
After reading your analysis I definitely realise that there is more to it than I thought. However I do, still, feel that it is, if not the weakest, a weak episode.
When I saw the episode I felt that many of the emotional thingies seemed.. well.. fake-ish. Virtually kill me if you want, but that was my impression. It seemed like the type of things they only put in because thats what people wanna see.

About your Takuto Meroko Father Mother thingie.
In my personal opinion, I think that a Mitsuki Takuto thing would be nice
(it may well turn out to eventually be the reason she will be willing to leave the world of the living) there is something else apart from my personal opinion that kinda clashes with your idea.
Why would... Meroko be very jealous everytime takuto says that she looks pretty. It would be one thing to stage that "jealousy" when they are around her, but shes doen a coulpe of times when they were floating a couple of metres out of her hearing range.

06.17.2007, 04:24 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Because Meroko likes him?

I can't see another reason she would act that way.

The only other possible reason is its A Bad Thing (tm) for a Shinigami to have feelings for a human. But I don't think Meroko would think like that, ergo, she has the hots for him.

06.17.2007, 05:05 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks