QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What do you all think of the series FULL METAL ALCEMIST???
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What do you all think of the series FULL METAL ALCEMIST??? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  ]
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Race? I'm not racist, and none of them fits. He lives in a parallel world with their own unique races.

I'f I have to give a wild guess though, it'll be European, simply because that's where he ended up in.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.28.2007, 12:34 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would say a fictional combination of America, Europe and the Middle East.

06.28.2007, 12:10 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Ray15
Totoro

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Ray15 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I loved it^_^ I think it was well planed out

Thanks for the Sig #1 Sanfan

06.28.2007, 02:48 PM Ray15 is offline   Profile for Ray15 Add Ray15 to your buddy list Send an Email to Ray15 AIM Screenname: ryanclms YIM Screenname: Ryan Weaver
^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^
Tanuki

Registration Date: 06.25.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I just like to say they can be however we want them to be... I mean to americans they would be from america, Europeans(???) they would be Europeans, and to Japanese they might be Japanese so they can be whatever you as an individual want...

06.28.2007, 07:00 PM ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ is offline   Profile for ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Add ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ to your buddy list
Ramah
Calcifer

Registration Date: 11.05.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Ramah Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched it recently and I have to say I was very impressed.

Episode 7 in particular (I think it was) was fantastic and really changed the tone of the series.

Recommended.

07.24.2007, 09:23 PM Ramah is offline   Profile for Ramah Add Ramah to your buddy list
sho
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by sho Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

its great!
the plot is good (although it is different than the manga), the animation is fantastic, the characters are very lovable, and the action is very cool.

its a shame its over...

The starry sky is twinkling again, this earth is exalted with tears.
The galloping time shines its light, and this world without you is my "FANTASY".

08.15.2007, 06:48 PM sho is offline   Profile for sho Add sho to your buddy list Send an Email to sho Homepage of sho
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Me:Interesting...I really like this alchemy stuff..*sits and pays attention to everything in the show. She sits like L*

Sister: ED...*drools* *watches only Ed*

Cuz:Waaah! Jess-san, BLOOD!!! >.< *watched me*

Friends:*watching it because people recommend it..*
*watches...???*
------
That tell enough?

08.15.2007, 07:11 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
sho
Ohmu

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by sho Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

lol i sit like L (death note)

don't do it, its a bad habit! - its not good for your back

and yeah it totally pwns

The starry sky is twinkling again, this earth is exalted with tears.
The galloping time shines its light, and this world without you is my "FANTASY".

08.15.2007, 09:37 PM sho is offline   Profile for sho Add sho to your buddy list Send an Email to sho Homepage of sho
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i don't really like anime with past mixed with future it sucks

08.15.2007, 09:41 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Farren
i don't really like anime with past mixed with future it sucks

I like the movie, every thing aside from the plot...

the animation and music and siund fx. are great, just not the ending to the series....

08.21.2007, 02:08 AM ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ is offline   Profile for ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Add ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ to your buddy list
frigidchill
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.13.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by frigidchill Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've always felt the series was a bit over-rated for me to try. Meh, I might come to it eventually but probably not soon.

08.21.2007, 07:02 AM frigidchill is offline   Profile for frigidchill Add frigidchill to your buddy list Send an Email to frigidchill
Tanuki

quote:
Originally posted by frigidchill
I've always felt the series was a bit over-rated for me to try. Meh, I might come to it eventually but probably not soon.

Rubbish... well why don't you try an episode, you might find it surprising!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

08.24.2007, 01:15 AM ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ is offline   Profile for ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Add ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ to your buddy list
jigsaw jr.
Kodama

Registration Date: 09.14.07
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by jigsaw jr. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

that is an awsome show

09.14.2007, 04:37 PM jigsaw jr. is offline   Profile for jigsaw jr. Add jigsaw jr. to your buddy list Send an Email to jigsaw jr. Add jigsaw jr. to your contact list
fenkashi
Dibs on Supreme Overlord

Registration Date: 08.12.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fenkashi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I never got around to actually finishing but what I did see, I liked. The story is incredible and I enjoyed how it switched between past and present with such fluidity.

I'd recommend it though I have yet to see the ending.

09.14.2007, 07:47 PM fenkashi is offline   Profile for fenkashi Add fenkashi to your buddy list
Amori
Kodama

Registration Date: 09.24.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Amori Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

FMA is totally one of my favorite anime series EVER. I watched it through with one of my friends and we both loved it, so now I'm watching it through again with my sister. It wasn't even the plot that captivated me so much (although it is very good), I just think the characters are amazing.
Although I must say, I was not a huge fan of the ending (including the movie...). It just seemed so different (plot-wise and mood-wise) than the rest of the show.

09.24.2007, 06:01 AM Amori is offline   Profile for Amori Add Amori to your buddy list Send an Email to Amori Homepage of Amori AIM Screenname: Chelzaya
Pink
Calcifer

Registration Date: 09.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Pink Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Definetly the best anime series out there.

P1nk777@Deviant

09.24.2007, 07:30 AM Pink is offline   Profile for Pink Add Pink to your buddy list Send an Email to Pink Homepage of Pink AIM Screenname: P1nk777
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I liked what I saw as well, and I loved Hughes, but I felt that a lot of the secondary characters were really weak. It always seemed to be show up in some random town, meet some troubled youth that is more than they seem, fix the problem and move on.

In a way, it's kind of like trigun. Amazing primary cast and good plot (FMA's plot is way better than triguns), however, stupid villians and uninspired episodic mini plots. Everything that I saw which had to do with the main story was solid though. And the second opening is awesome.

Maybe I just need to go through and watch it all at some point.

09.24.2007, 11:21 PM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
tariss-of-mar
Ohmu

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by tariss-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love FMA!
I didn't like it at first but I started to like it... Lol, I've only watched... Like six episodes of the anime... And unfortunately for me manga is extremely hard to get around where I live.

I´m a supporter and user of Ubuntu (Linux)
Open source rules!

09.27.2007, 11:35 PM tariss-of-mar is offline   Profile for tariss-of-mar Add tariss-of-mar to your buddy list
harmony-of-mar
Baron

Registration Date: 09.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by harmony-of-mar Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i know.bega is the the nonanime void of nsw.i found some weird manga called not so bad int the shops,but it was gone before i could get any money.fma rocks,i reckon its edxwinry,edxrose is stupid.

http://harmony-of-mar.deviantart.com/

10.03.2007, 07:31 PM harmony-of-mar is offline   Profile for harmony-of-mar Add harmony-of-mar to your buddy list Send an Email to harmony-of-mar
Tanuki

quote:
Originally posted by Amori
FMA is totally one of my favorite anime series EVER. I watched it through with one of my friends and we both loved it, so now I'm watching it through again with my sister. It wasn't even the plot that captivated me so much (although it is very good), I just think the characters are amazing.
Although I must say, I was not a huge fan of the ending (including the movie...). It just seemed so different (plot-wise and mood-wise) than the rest of the show.

I disagree about the ending, Ed had to go to London in order to protect the ones he loved and Al had to chose between going staying with his brother or living in Ametrias.

I also like it more because in teh series they started by trying to hold the bonds of love with their mother, but not only as they are challenged but they also grow the bonds they have among themselves, and this shows them, and how they grow up, and what I think is that they know that they cannot bring their mom back, but that the story of them trying to ultimately tested if they love each other. And maybe they can be content, the memnories that they hold together, are ones that they know that going into teh unknown and have each other through it all.

10.27.2007, 10:47 PM ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ is offline   Profile for ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Add ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ to your buddy list
[  «    1  2  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks