QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - What do you all think of the series FULL METAL ALCEMIST???
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » What do you all think of the series FULL METAL ALCEMIST??? » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^
Tanuki

Registration Date: 06.25.07
What do you all think of the series FULL METAL ALCEMIST???Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think that is a really good series!

06.25.2007, 01:14 AM ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ is offline   Profile for ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Add ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ to your buddy list
Lupin
Calcifer

Registration Date: 04.09.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lupin Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

REALLY GD? ITS MORE THAN REALLY GD - ITS F**KIN AMAZING!!! I LOVE IT!!! BEST ANIME TV SERIES EVER! its so dark, brutal, beautiful, touching, funny, deep etc. its just amazing - if your going to watch one TV anime series this is the best ever ***** 5 star, 10/10 pure brilliace - tho i havent finished watchin all of them (im up to volume 7.) i think its the best ive seen so far! WATCH IT

06.25.2007, 12:36 PM Lupin is offline   Profile for Lupin Add Lupin to your buddy list
kittycatjess
Totoro

Registration Date: 06.27.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by kittycatjess Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i loved it thought it was one of the best animes ive seen, but is was dissapointed with the ending epesh the movie, is was a good move but because it was made to end the anime and i diddnt like the way the anime ended i diddnt like it overall id give it 9/10 because it had a brill storyline and charicters

06.25.2007, 12:41 PM kittycatjess is offline   Profile for kittycatjess Add kittycatjess to your buddy list Send an Email to kittycatjess
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i never got into it, and never really watched it. it seemed kinda overserialized, mostly cause its a mroe widely known anime, and it has been brought over stateside. once it come here it usually get a whole bunch of people who love it, but know nothing of anime. i never really cared for it too much.

@lupin however, i think we may have to confiscate your caps lock key lol.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

06.25.2007, 12:50 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've never seen the anime properly, but I know plenty about it and I'm reading the manga. It's one of my favourite mangas, and FMA is one of the few anime series to have a very good English dub.

06.25.2007, 01:19 PM arren18 is offline   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've never watched it but keep telling myself I should. Its so popular with so many people that it must have something good in it.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

06.25.2007, 03:59 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The manga is vastly different from the anime. For one, the manga is geared more towards humour, while the anime is much MUCH darker.

Personally, this is a very good series, well worth watching. There aren't any holes in the plot nor the storyline, although like Evangelion, the true ending is in the form of a movie, so you'll need that to have a proper closure.

It's peppered with some humour, don't worry. However, most of the time is mainly angst. Also, don't expect the series to be light; a fair (actually, large) number of people die in the series, sometimes in ways you wouldn't expect from this kind of anime series.

Personally, it didn't leave much of an impact in me. However, it's something I highly recommend watching. And while I haven't seen the dub (have I ever?), I heard reviews that it's very well done, so either way should be fine.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.26.2007, 01:03 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Lupin
REALLY GD? ITS MORE THAN REALLY GD - ITS F**KIN AMAZING!!! I LOVE IT!!! BEST ANIME TV SERIES EVER! its so dark, brutal, beautiful, touching, funny, deep etc. its just amazing - if your going to watch one TV anime series this is the best ever ***** 5 star, 10/10 pure brilliace - tho i havent finished watchin all of them (im up to volume 7.) i think its the best ive seen so far! WATCH IT

I agree, Full Metal Alchemist is a series worth every moment, but I understand if you don't like it. This smilie sorta reminds me of Alphonse, in his armor! Well "I"
sorta feel like ED, and I feel that connection with his brother, because for me anyway, I would much rather have a brother and be annoyed with him than be as alone as I am. (I'm not gothic or emotional or anything,but my parents sorta leave me to be...) but I also feel like I have done / gone through his experiances, but I haven't literally...

My only complaint is that Alphonce(???) when he is human, he trys to be to much like his brother! I also like the scene when wrath fights glutony, but the final movie was... unsetting for such a good series to end in a sorta "were done, time to start our lives over" sort of feeling to the end. But it overall as a series is either a 9.5 to 10.

06.26.2007, 07:21 AM ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ is offline   Profile for ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Add ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ to your buddy list
Lupin
Calcifer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lupin Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hmmm im not like ed or al coz i really dnt get along with my bro lol

06.26.2007, 12:11 PM Lupin is offline   Profile for Lupin Add Lupin to your buddy list
J.L.Jones
Warawara

Registration Date: 06.24.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by J.L.Jones Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I''ve heard alot about it and i really wanna see it whats the story line? something about a mage isnt it

Beyond The Black Moon Lies My Soul, Covered In The Shadows Of Time, I Dwell In The Comfort Of The Night

Rage Is Like A River, Hatred As Its Current Destroying Everything In Its Path...
This Beast That Lies Dormant Beneath The Exterior Feels Strong... It Feels Good... Watch It Rise To The Surface As My Blood Boils And Anger Engulfs My Very Soul

06.26.2007, 01:28 PM J.L.Jones is offline   Profile for J.L.Jones Add J.L.Jones to your buddy list Send an Email to J.L.Jones
Lupin
Calcifer

the basic story line(taken from wikipeadia):

CONTAINS SMALL SPOILERS (WHICH ARNT MUCH OF A SPOILER COZ U FIND THIS OUT AT THE BEGINING BUT HEY)

Edward and Alphonse Elric were children living in the rural village of Resembool in the country of Amestris. Their father Hohenheim (Hohenheim of Light in the anime and Van Hohenhiem in the manga), a talented alchemist, had left home when Edward was very young and Alphonse was still an infant. Years later, their mother, Trisha Elric, died of a terminal illness. After their mother's death, they lived with Winry and her grandmother until finding a teacher to teach them alchemy. After completing training, they came home with the intent of reviving their mother with the transmutation circle they found in their father's notes and made the attempt soon after acquiring the circle. However, this attempt failed, resulting in a twisted mass of flesh and bone at the cost of Edward's left leg and Alphonse's entire body. In a desperate effort to save his brother, Edward sacrificed his right arm to affix his brother's soul to a suit of armor. After that, Edward's left leg and right arm are fitted with two sets of Automail, a type of advanced prosthetic limb. In the original Japanese, the term "Fullmetal" is used to describe a person who is stubborn. In the series it is often attributed by minor characters to Ed's automail arm and leg, or Al's armor body. In the sixth manga, as well as episode 8 of the anime, it is revealed that when an alchemist becomes a State Alchemist, they are given a special title. Edward's title was Fullmetal, making him Fullmetal Alchemist.

A State Alchemist by the name of Roy Mustang arrives during the failed human transmutation. After seeing their skill at alchemy, Mustang suggested that the way for the two boys to achieve their goals would be to become State Alchemists and work for him. Spurred on by the man's proposal, Edward set out to become a State Alchemist, enabling him to use the resources available to State Alchemists to discover a way to restore what he and Alphonse had lost. The brothers eventually learn of the Philosopher's Stone and set off in search of it as a means to restore their bodies. Along the way they discover secrets about the Philosopher's Stone they never wanted to know, and find others who seek it as well, doing almost whatever they can to get their hands on it.

One unique characteristic of Fullmetal Alchemist is that the stories of the manga and anime separate soon after the beginning, and weave vastly different tales. The most prominent of the differences is the primary antagonist. In the anime, this is a woman known as Dante. A previous lover of Hohenheim, Dante and he were masterful alchemists and perfected methods for making the Philosopher's Stone and a form of immortality in which their souls move to a new host body every time their current vessel began to age. However, Hohenheim soon fell in love with another and left Dante, taking with him the perfected Philosopher's Stone formula. Although Dante is still able to jump from body to body to preserve her youth, she is able to spend less and less time in each body as it decays faster with each jump, so she seeks the stone's formula to sustain her power. Dante is the leader of the homunculi, and though she did not create all of them, she sustains them by feeding them imperfect shards of the Philosopher's Stone. She uses them to spur Edward and Alphonse into finding the complete Philosopher's Stone formula for her.

The main antagonist of the manga series is a man known simply as "Father." Evidence suggests that he, like Dante and Hohenheim, has perfected an immortality formula, and is possibly a citizen from the ancient desert civilization of Cselkcess. Found in the manga series as ruins, this civilization is believed to have great alchemical and technological prowess, but suspiciously, all of its inhabitants disappeared in one night. Unlike Dante, Father is the creator of all the homunculus in the manga series, and commands them from behind the curtains of the High Command of the country Amestris, which, King Bradley (the homunculus Wrath in the manga) later reveals to Roy Mustang, was created by Father. It is suspected that Father plans to use Amestris as a gigantic transmutation circle to create a Philosopher's Stone, but the homunculus Envy hints that, although close, it is not the whole truth. Regardless, Edward and Alphonse become mixed up in Father's plans, and end up becoming prime "human sacrifices" for whatever Father has in store.

06.26.2007, 04:50 PM Lupin is offline   Profile for Lupin Add Lupin to your buddy list
Tanuki

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I don't want to know if Edward and Al are american, british, european, or japanese... for me it ruins it! Since most of you are from Europe(I'm from America!!), I wondered what your thougths are???

My friend pointed out that they were japanese,(this may spoil it... not really) but they were in a war against Hitler. So thoughts..................................................

OK so, since this is my first forum I have joined,(my parents don't me expressing and listening to others oppinions) how do you take a picture from, lets say a folder and put it in a post reply???

06.26.2007, 11:51 PM ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ is offline   Profile for ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Add ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS

No they're not Japanese. Just because the anime is in Japanese doesn't mean they're Japanese. Porco Rosso is Italian, isn't he?

Anyway, you're talking about the movie mostly, which is the ending, so just a little spoiler: Edward lands in Europe, that much is obvious. The only thing this means is that our actual world is pretty much a mirror image of their world, except for events and the lack of alchemy on our side, and the lack of science on theirs.

Any more than that and I might as well spoil the whole movie/series.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

06.27.2007, 12:04 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Tanuki

Ya so generally, I do smilies in threes(note my notacious note)

06.27.2007, 12:05 AM ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ is offline   Profile for ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Add ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ to your buddy list
Tanuki

I Heart

SMILIES

06.27.2007, 12:06 AM ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ is offline   Profile for ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Add ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ to your buddy list
Tanuki

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS

No they're not Japanese. Just because the anime is in Japanese doesn't mean they're Japanese. Porco Rosso is Italian, isn't he?

Anyway, you're talking about the movie mostly, which is the ending, so just a little spoiler: Edward lands in Europe, that much is obvious. The only thing this means is that our actual world is pretty much a mirror image of their world, except for events and the lack of alchemy on our side, and the lack of science on theirs.

Any more than that and I might as well spoil the whole movie/series.

Ya so, I kind have the movie!!! But... it's odd to me because.........

ok, what race do you picture him having,,
me american, because thats normal to me...

06.27.2007, 12:10 AM ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ is offline   Profile for ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Add ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ to your buddy list
J.L.Jones
Warawara

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by J.L.Jones Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I love it! haha im only four episodes in but im in love hehe and by the looks of the church and priests i'd say they are in Europe or America due to the robes and structure! i like the storyline and especially the mystery of who Lust and Envy are (I think its Envy)

Beyond The Black Moon Lies My Soul, Covered In The Shadows Of Time, I Dwell In The Comfort Of The Night

Rage Is Like A River, Hatred As Its Current Destroying Everything In Its Path...
This Beast That Lies Dormant Beneath The Exterior Feels Strong... It Feels Good... Watch It Rise To The Surface As My Blood Boils And Anger Engulfs My Very Soul

06.27.2007, 06:52 PM J.L.Jones is offline   Profile for J.L.Jones Add J.L.Jones to your buddy list Send an Email to J.L.Jones
Tanuki

quote:
Originally posted by J.L.Jones
I love it! haha im only four episodes in but im in love hehe and by the looks of the church and priests i'd say they are in Europe or America due to the robes and structure! i like the storyline and especially the mystery of who Lust and Envy are (I think its Envy)

Ya, I guess thats true!

06.27.2007, 07:55 PM ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ is offline   Profile for ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Add ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ to your buddy list
J.L.Jones
Warawara

hmmm they dress in a Japanese fashion yet they live in a more American/English culture..... anyone had the thought that they are nowhere on our Earth?

06.27.2007, 08:09 PM J.L.Jones is offline   Profile for J.L.Jones Add J.L.Jones to your buddy list Send an Email to J.L.Jones
Tanuki

quote:
Originally posted by J.L.Jones
hmmm they dress in a Japanese fashion yet they live in a more American/English culture..... anyone had the thought that they are nowhere on our Earth?

YA, I think more so that they live on earth but have no time period...

06.27.2007, 11:03 PM ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ is offline   Profile for ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ Add ^_^PRINCEOFTHEDARKFLAMES^_^ to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks