QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Anime Club: Full Moon eps.21-22-23
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Anime Club: Full Moon eps.21-22-23 » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Anime Club: Full Moon eps.21-22-23Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Go for it!

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

07.09.2007, 07:04 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah!

*cough*

Saw it yesterday night actually, the 1st two. More bitching and backstabbing by Madoka. I have to take back my words from the last topic though, her absence did more damaged than I thought.

Ep20 focused on her initial comeback for a music video, but her costume was ripped to pieces. But the highlight of the show has got to be Komaki for giving Madoka a big telling off. Earned my respect, she did.

Ep21 is on her first concert (not her 1st live; she did that for her debut release). To be honest, I thought it was stupid to hold a concert in a REAL concert hall. I mean, those halls are more for operas and theatres and that kinda stuff. ou want to hold a big concert for a big star, you do it on a bigger venue.

Can't complain though, that's what happened in the end anyway.

PS: I don't like that face design.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

07.10.2007, 12:28 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Just to round it off for the week, ep23 is a filler, which unfortunately (or fortunately) has the honour of being one of the much better episodes in the whole series. It's pure slapstick comedy with Tanaka and Ooshige going head to head to compete for "Best Wife Candidate" for Wakaouji, and it's actually pretty good fun, not to mention that you learn quite a bit about the japanese homemaker.

As an added plus, the episode makes a good intermission to slot in Ooshige's moving house which is related to the storyline.

As a heads up, the next three concerns Mitsuki's seond single, so things are finally looking good.

Actually I already watched them, so that's why I can say so, lol.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

07.15.2007, 12:50 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ep21 : a little boring I thought: we've seen enough of these "Mitsuki winning through against adversity and jealous rivals" plots now. I hope there isn't too much more material like this.

Ep22 : I wonder how long these live concerts last when as far as we know, she's only recorded one song so far? Wouldn't the series be a little more believable if we'd seen some quick scenes of her recording more material?

Ep23 : Takuto summed this episode up for me when at the end he said "What was the point again of everything that happened today?" Hm, yeah I hate episodes like this, out of the plot and just plain silly. And these daft challenges that seem to happen a lot in certain types of anime...grrr... Although at the end of it we have Ooshige-san close to Mitsuki which I assume is important as the story goes on and does Wakaouji-sensei have any feelings for her?

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.15.2007, 11:19 AM.

07.15.2007, 09:17 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Y'know, that was the first thing that cropped up in my mind. How the hell do you hold a concert with only one single under your belt? You're gonna have to be belting a couple dozen of other songs by other people to accomplish that.

Anyone knows of any artist/band/whoever who had a concert after only one release?

I kinda disagree on ep23 though. Personally, this being a light anime, the fact that you actually have an episode put together this well (despite being irrelevant) is a good enough episode. From my critical point of view, aside from its irrelevance, this is very well put together indeed.

And you can't deny the fun value.

EDIT: I just realized, there's no mention of her releasing an album, only a single. Adding to the impossibility.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

Post last edited by Roarkiller on 07.15.2007, 09:57 AM.

07.15.2007, 09:56 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hm, well, I suppose given the other fantastic (as in fantasy-based) things that're going on in this series, worrying about the realism of it is a bit anally retentive.

I don't know what the Japanese pop-scene is like but given the 'concert' we see at the start of Perfect Blue, held in daylight on the roof of some building, with an audience of a few hundred and lasting maybe a dozen songs, my assumption is there is a lot of small scale marketing done for these one-hit-wonder pop idols.

Or perhaps several singers/bands will be assembled together by maybe one concert organiser or one record label and each do a short set (2-3-4 songs only?). We know that isn't what happened in ep22 here but I was wondering if that's how its sometimes done in Japan. I just get this impression that a relatively large number of pop stars come into the limelight, release 2 or 3 singles or maybe one album and then vanish again.

In Britian it seems to be VERY hard to break into the pop/rock music scene but of those who do a significant %age stay around a few years, I have this feeling the opposite is true in Japan.

Post last edited by Saddletank on 07.15.2007, 11:28 AM.

07.15.2007, 11:26 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Singers come and go. Just look at the band for this show. Broken up after less than two years.

Yea, I guess a dozen or so would do. Like a mini-promotion of sorts, the type for Indie bands.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

07.16.2007, 12:04 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Seiji
Totoro

Registration Date: 07.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Seiji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sorry, I haven't even come close to catching up...no excuses...

07.17.2007, 01:29 AM Seiji is offline   Profile for Seiji Add Seiji to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

No worries, it took a real determination from me around the eps 12-13-14 point to grit my teeth and press on.

I think everyone now realises a 50 ep series is too long. I hope we tackle a 13 or at most 26 ep one next time.

Probably after the summer when we're all back from vacation.

07.17.2007, 05:56 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks