QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - Byousoku 5cm
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » Byousoku 5cm » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  «    1  2  3    »  ]
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hey i just noticed some people were asking where they could find 5 centimetres per second..
try tv-links.co.uk if you havent already. you dont need to download or become a member or anything like that.. just free anime - provided you have a decent computer/internet setup to play movies.
tv-links.co.uk
I think the site has only 'okasho' at the moment but it is updated constantly with new stuff.
As for the langauge or subtitles, I wouldn't know though sorry. Havent seen them and can't at the moment due to computer problems.

Hope i helped a little.. try that site for any anime you cant find... i use it all the time.

08.28.2007, 01:29 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
Theowne
Baron

Registration Date: 02.11.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Theowne Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
.. just free anime

Well, the catch being that it's not legal.

08.28.2007, 10:58 AM Theowne is offline   Profile for Theowne Add Theowne to your buddy list Send an Email to Theowne
T.C.
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.28.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by T.C. Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hadn't even thought of that actually.... ignorance is bliss.
As far as i know, everything is taken from other host sites like veoh and gofish.

08.29.2007, 09:04 AM T.C. is offline   Profile for T.C. Add T.C. to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Correct. Veoh has been deleting a lot of anime recently, they seem more aggressive at getting it off their site than YouTube.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.29.2007, 09:22 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Technically, Oukashou is perfectly legal to download, for the simple reason that it was distributed online for free

Unorthodox, but the marketing strategy worked wonders. It is VERY famous.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.29.2007, 11:29 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I watched them all together yesterday.
I thought they were absolutely brilliant.
Re-reading this thread, I've read how people think they're not really linked, but they really are.
Every part is incredibly beautiful.

Ep1 establishes the situation.
Ep2 sees the effects of it from the view of a different person, which is incredibly important and a lot more effective than if it was from his own view.
Ep3 shows the long term effects of it all.

It's incredibly beautiful and incredibly sad, as are all Makoto Shinkai projects, even when they have a happy end as Place Promised does and as Distant Star hints at with that newspaper headline.

The first episode was definitely the most most heart warming. It was really nice and cute and is IMO the only one that works as a stand alone ep. It's really beautiful.

The second one would seem strange without the context of the first ep as wouldnt understand the way he is acting. It's a really nice one... the scenery is very nice, it's very complacent and dreamy. It plays on a tropical island so theres a lot of sun, ocean, and walking around in the warm summer night. Very beautiful.
And it serves an incredibly important purpose.

The third one in turn is a lot shorter than the other too and doesn't really serve in telling a separate story. It ties the strings together. And it is the only one that would definitely not work as a stand alone ep. Ep2 still makes sense by itself, eventhough character reactions would seem a little strange.

Up to the end I thought that while it was better, more beautiful and nicer constructed than his previous films, it wasn't as emotional as his previous films. the last 5 minutes throw that notion out the window.
It's the next day now and whenever I just think about that sequence it makes me sad.

I don't mind the high school student stuff at all. What matters is what's inside the film and if the characters were people working adult lives it would work just as well. Whatever the reason is that he stays with high school students (an essay by him in one of the R1 dvd releases sheds a little light; the emotions he tries to remake in his films stem back from his time as a high school student, I guess that's why he associates one with the other), I don't mind at all, as his films are still beautiful.

I really enjoyed it. And I can't wait to get it on DVD and watch it again on the big screen (I watched it on the internet yesterday, I couldnt wait).

03.20.2008, 10:54 AM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*blinks* Essay?

I need to hunt down the DVD extras now.

03.20.2008, 12:04 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Loscil
Baron

Registration Date: 08.06.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Loscil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Not really essay, sorry.
he just talks about the emotions he wanted to capture in Voices. And how they linked to him. Its more like 2 or 3 paragraphs.
Dont wanna give anyone false hopes for indepth insights to his films here.

03.20.2008, 12:16 PM Loscil is offline   Profile for Loscil Add Loscil to your buddy list Send an Email to Loscil
foreignfilmfreak
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 10.02.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by foreignfilmfreak Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Ah, so this is out on DVD now, ne? That's what a magazine told me. ^^ I wanted to get this DVD along with the HOLiC one. Hn.. I'll buy this one first since I already watched all of HOLiC. *shrugs* I've only seen 20 minutes of this.

03.21.2008, 08:32 PM foreignfilmfreak is offline   Profile for foreignfilmfreak Add foreignfilmfreak to your buddy list
Atradius
Ohmu

Registration Date: 11.10.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Atradius Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I knew it was out on dvd so made a point 2 or 3 months ago of trying to get hold of it. In the end I gave up trying to obtain my own copy and borrowed it off some friends who i discovered owned it. It's very good, and I can't really add anything to what JRR wrote.

03.22.2008, 12:10 PM Atradius is offline   Profile for Atradius Add Atradius to your buddy list Send an Email to Atradius Homepage of Atradius
husky51
The Old Guy

Registration Date: 03.17.08
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

WOW!

I was just able to see part 1, Oukashou, on YouTube and that was beautiful... Now I have to try and find parts 2 and 3 somewhere, maybe from one of the anime stores... Do you know if it is in the US yet?

Man, it was great, I loved it, the play of emotions, the scenery.

When the ocean waves were crashing onto the beach, I could almost smell the saltwater!!! I was a body surfer in my youth and the sound an sight is (sigh) making me get all nostalgic inside. I have always loved the ocean. If I could afford it, I would have a place on the shore, almost anywhere in the world...

My kids can't understand how I can stand the taste of saltwater or the feel of it on my skin, they just don't realize my feelings...

(sighs)

EDIT:
I hate how he gave me the same despair the main character feels.

It's a story of their distance. Go figure how that would make you feel. (Roar)

Yes! 100%, I feel as you did... His excellence is beautiful, I can think of no other way to say it...

Post last edited by husky51 on 03.29.2008, 12:47 AM.

03.29.2008, 12:39 AM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fizzy
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.04.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fizzy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by husky51
I was just able to see part 1, Oukashou, on YouTube and that was beautiful... Now I have to try and find parts 2 and 3 somewhere, maybe from one of the anime stores... Do you know if it is in the US yet?

It was just released by ADV films on DVD early this month so there should be plenty of copies at your anime DVD outlet.

...and you should really go buy it on DVD, not only because of the amazing quality of the animation, but ADV could really do with the $$$ at the moment.

03.29.2008, 06:59 AM fizzy is offline   Profile for fizzy Add fizzy to your buddy list
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

O really? Please tell of the quality of the subs (preferably from someone who knows Japanese), because the R2 version don't have subs.

Info on the extras would be nice too.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

03.29.2008, 12:18 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah, the R1 edition is out. It'll supposedly be released in Europe some time soon, but I had a look and couldn't find a date for it.

03.29.2008, 12:52 PM arren18 is online   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
husky51
The Old Guy

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by husky51 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

[/QUOTE]

It was just released by ADV films on DVD early this month so there should be plenty of copies at your anime DVD outlet.

...and you should really go buy it on DVD, not only because of the amazing quality of the animation, but ADV could really do with the $$$ at the moment.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you, fizzy...

03.29.2008, 12:59 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
fizzy
Kodama

Registration Date: 05.04.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fizzy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Roarkiller
O really? Please tell of the quality of the subs (preferably from someone who knows Japanese), because the R2 version don't have subs.

Info on the extras would be nice too.

Oh I'm holding out for the R4 release. There are plenty of reviews online about the R1 release though; and since ADV have an arm in the UK I suspect a release there is imminent.

Here's a link to Rightstuf where you can check out the specs:
http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalog...tem/77163/4/0/0

Cover art:

03.29.2008, 07:03 PM fizzy is offline   Profile for fizzy Add fizzy to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I looked around London last week and saw no copies on shelves yet.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

03.30.2008, 05:48 AM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
arren18
Administrator

Registration Date: 08.15.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by arren18 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
I looked around London last week and saw no copies on shelves yet.

quote:
Originally posted by me
Yeah, the R1 edition is out. It'll supposedly be released in Europe some time soon, but I had a look and couldn't find a date for it.

But yeah, I hope it'll be out pretty soon.

03.30.2008, 12:56 PM arren18 is online   Profile for arren18 Add arren18 to your buddy list Homepage of arren18
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

This and "The Girl Who Leaped Through Time" are my two absolute must haves right now...

03.30.2008, 01:04 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
husky51
The Old Guy

finally sat down and watched the who thing....great! Loved it!!! Reminded of so many things from when I was in Japan and surprisingly, for being filmed in 2007, not much has changed in forty years... judging by the scenery. The magazine was showing about an article dated from 1999-2008, a space shot... so it was obviously set in modern times....

uh, not that I'm from ANCIENT times, ahem...

just wanted to clarify that... lol

So many, many of the scenes were exactly like I remember them. The trains, the stations, the streets, etc...

I love the song, 'One More Time'... even tho it is sung in Japanese, in two parts where the lyric words are the same as the title, it is said in English...

did I say that I had some small liking for the film? Oh, yeah... I did...lol

Post last edited by husky51 on 04.03.2008, 08:37 PM.

04.03.2008, 08:37 PM husky51 is offline   Profile for husky51 Add husky51 to your buddy list Send an Email to husky51
[  «    1  2  3    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks