QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - My Fav Anime
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Anime in General » My Fav Anime » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Post [  1  2    »  ]
shandylim
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 05.04.07
  My Fav AnimePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by shandylim Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Spirited Away

08.10.2007, 06:59 AM shandylim is offline   Profile for shandylim Add shandylim to your buddy list
Lupin
Calcifer

Registration Date: 04.09.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Lupin Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

same your not alone there

Spirited Away is the BEST

08.13.2007, 11:13 AM Lupin is offline   Profile for Lupin Add Lupin to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Registration Date: 08.16.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hi and welcome to the fourm! hope you stick around

i cant agree with you though, as my name says, San is the best, and is in the best film, in Princess Mononoke,

but i do have to give the train scene the best 3 minutes of all the films.

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

08.13.2007, 04:00 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

How many anime films have you actually seen?

08.13.2007, 06:26 PM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Miyrru Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

i have seen quite a few, not as many as someone like roarkiller, but i have a good barometer of what is out there. Princess Mononoke is still tops of the list

Click for Gallery^^
The truth had to be seen. Anything else was a story, entertaining but more embroidered fib then crude, shapeless fact. ~Dave Eggers

08.13.2007, 07:39 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 09.28.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I would agree with #1sanfan that Miyazaki's finest moment is the train scene in SA, without a doubt.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.13.2007, 07:55 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

My country's having a crazy mass crackdown on anime leechers, lol. Imagine, a tiny island downloading almost as much anime as the entire US. I heard fines range in the 5k region, give or take a few grand.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

08.13.2007, 09:44 PM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Orphic Okapi
Baron

Registration Date: 04.08.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Orphic Okapi Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by #1sanfan
i have seen quite a few, not as many as someone like roarkiller, but i have a good barometer of what is out there. Princess Mononoke is still tops of the list

Sorry, I should've quoted. I was asking the person who started the thread. It seems like a lot of people see Spirited Away and say "That was really cool," and then say it's the best anime ever when they haven't seen any other anime films.

quote:
Originally posted by Saddletank
I would agree with #1sanfan that Miyazaki's finest moment is the train scene in SA, without a doubt.

Easily beaten by Gina's flashback, in my opinion. The train scene is good, but it's not nearly as emotional or exhilirating.

Post last edited by Orphic Okapi on 08.14.2007, 08:35 AM.

08.14.2007, 08:30 AM Orphic Okapi is offline   Profile for Orphic Okapi Add Orphic Okapi to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Saddletank Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I find it emotional when you think about who the shadow people might be or what they might represent. The train scene fills me with wonder, a really relaxed feeling and sadness all at the same time.

Gina's flashback, is beautiful, I'll grant you but I only weep when I watch that, or sometimes I laugh with joy, its funny in that way.

The "Pilots Heaven" scene or the human face of Porco by the firelight scenes both touch me equally in that movie.

"An old man like me stands no chance fighting against a high school girl in her underwear" - Oshino Meme, Nekomonogatari (Kuro)

08.14.2007, 03:45 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

i would have to agree that the pilots heaven was more touching than Ginas flashback, her flash back to me, adds background, but it doesnt touch me really.

the train scene is magical, it fills me with wonder, it makes me ask questions, it is all done to beautiul music and artwork, it hits every note of my being, it is perfect in that respect.

Click for Gallery^^

08.14.2007, 04:15 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
fuji
Kodama

Registration Date: 08.01.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by fuji Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wings of Honanomise or the English translation Royal Space Force.

Secret of Nihm is probably second favorite followed by Kuranai no Buta or English translation Porco Rosso

08.14.2007, 11:36 PM fuji is offline   Profile for fuji Add fuji to your buddy list
Saddletank
Miyazaki's Best Friend

quote:
Originally posted by fuji
Wings of Honanomise

Nice to find someone else who was touched by this movie, it really is wonderful but suffers from poor pacing in its middle section.

08.15.2007, 06:20 PM Saddletank is offline   Profile for Saddletank Add Saddletank to your buddy list Send an Email to Saddletank
Farren
Baron

Registration Date: 07.18.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Farren Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

totoro

08.15.2007, 08:45 PM Farren is offline   Profile for Farren Add Farren to your buddy list
Chihiros-Dream-Boy
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.29.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chihiros-Dream-Boy Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Most of Studio Ghibli's films, of course!

08.21.2007, 02:47 PM Chihiros-Dream-Boy is offline   Profile for Chihiros-Dream-Boy Add Chihiros-Dream-Boy to your buddy list
={HSA}= MORO
Baron

Registration Date: 08.15.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by ={HSA}= MORO Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

PRINCESS MONONOKE THAN SPIRITED AWAY THAN TALES FROM EARTHSEA, TOP 3 BY FAR

Post last edited by ={HSA}= MORO on 09.06.2007, 05:32 PM.

09.03.2007, 10:08 AM ={HSA}= MORO is offline   Profile for ={HSA}= MORO Add ={HSA}= MORO to your buddy list Send an Email to ={HSA}= MORO
mpw3d
Ohmu

Registration Date: 02.08.06
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by mpw3d Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

hmmmm tough choice there all gd really...
but..

1. Princess mononoke
2. Nausicaa: valley of the wind
3. Tales of Earthsea

www.mpw3d.deviantart.com

09.06.2007, 06:14 PM mpw3d is offline   Profile for mpw3d Add mpw3d to your buddy list Send an Email to mpw3d
Miyrru
Graphic Designer

NGE, but that is subjective of what my mood is at the time.

Click for Gallery^^

09.06.2007, 07:23 PM Miyrru is offline   Profile for Miyrru Add Miyrru to your buddy list Send an Email to Miyrru
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Mononoke is my favourite anime film so far, closely followed by Howl's. I've only seen .. four anime films, and they were all Ghibli's, but still ...

btw, why is nobody mentioning anime series? The title of this thread is "My Fav Anime", not "My Fav Anime Film".

My Anime List

09.07.2007, 12:09 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
frigidchill
Totoro

Registration Date: 08.13.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by frigidchill Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Kazegami btw, why is nobody mentioning anime series? The title of this thread is "My Fav Anime", not "My Fav Anime Film".

Neon Genesis Evangelion. Failing that, Haibane Renmei.

09.07.2007, 12:39 PM frigidchill is offline   Profile for frigidchill Add frigidchill to your buddy list Send an Email to frigidchill
Kazegami
Miyazaki's Best Friend

Registration Date: 08.19.07
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Kazegami Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters ~ My favourite anime ever, even though I'm probably too old for it. I don't think I'd watch it if Seto Kaiba wasn't in it though.

My Anime List

Post last edited by Kazegami on 09.07.2007, 01:47 PM.

09.07.2007, 01:46 PM Kazegami is offline   Profile for Kazegami Add Kazegami to your buddy list
[  1  2    »  ]   « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks