QuickLink:
Ghibli Tavern - New Mayazaki Movie Coming out!
Home Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators
Ghibli Tavern » - Anime » Ghibli Discussions » New Mayazaki Movie Coming out! » Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 04.19.04
  New Mayazaki Movie Coming out!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Sophie Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

YAY!!!!!!
Another Mayazaki Movie is coming out!!!!!

YAY!!!!

It's called Howl's Moving Castle and it is based on the book by Diane Wynne Jones. I just joined and i was SOOOOO surprised that nobody else was posting something about it, so i;m so glad to be the first.

The main character is named Sophie (thus my username! Sophie is far from my REAL name). And she lives in this cool alternate universe (i read the book the day i found out it was gonna be a Mayazaki film ^^).

In the book, there is a portal to the real world- modern day Wales, but i'm not sure it will be in the movie.

BTW, i found out about this at www.pathea.com go look under Ghibli and then 2000 films. You should see "Howl's Moving Castl" there along w/ Spirited Away and the Cat's Return. ^^

I hope this has been helpfull to u peeps! (peeps=ppl==people)

Pathea.com also has the listings of the soundtracks for all of Ghibli's films and has the music to some songs like the Spirited Away and Mononoke theme songs!!!!

(i SERIOUSLY love that site!!!)

so POST STUFF NOW!!!! i think i have been MORE than helpful.

(btw, the film was SUPPOSED to be released in Japan on July 17, 2004 but it was delayed to as far as November 2005- NO FAIR!!!)

04.19.2004, 06:00 PM Sophie is offline   Profile for Sophie Add Sophie to your buddy list AIM Screenname: SangoCatLady
Siobhan
Tanuki

Registration Date: 02.13.04
!Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Siobhan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sweet! But are you serious? Wales? That's where my ancestors are from and everything...too cool!---Sio

04.20.2004, 09:18 PM Siobhan is offline   Profile for Siobhan Add Siobhan to your buddy list Send an Email to Siobhan
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Registration Date: 06.03.03
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

*spoilers*

In the novel, Howl was said to be born in what we call the real world (there r even hints and descriptions of a computer, video games on CD and school projects on the computer). In fact, it is this fact that was included in the curse set upon him by the Witch of the Wastes. Sophie, and the whle novel settings, for that matter, took place in what seems to be after the medieval times where magic isnt smthng odd; its everyday life.

Yeah, i read the novel. A very good read, and kinda interesting how disastors and climaxes turned into nothing much to howl about (pardon the pun) an instant later. Excellent, very good writing technique.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:
Originally posted by fenkashi
Screw your opinions, they are not relevant ^^.

04.26.2004, 09:07 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Siobhan
Tanuki

Registration Date: 02.13.04
heyPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Siobhan Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I wanna know more about this! I can't wait till it comes out!---Sio

04.28.2004, 11:50 AM Siobhan is offline   Profile for Siobhan Add Siobhan to your buddy list Send an Email to Siobhan
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Siobhan

Ill post novel spoilers if u want.

04.29.2004, 07:37 AM  
wolf Tooth
Kodama

Registration Date: 02.11.04
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by wolf Tooth Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Siobhan

READ THE BOOK!
Seriously I'm serious, the book is increadable.

04.30.2004, 03:02 PM wolf Tooth is offline   Profile for wolf Tooth Add wolf Tooth to your buddy list
Element
Susuwatari

Registration Date: 07.08.04
  OMGPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Element Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I almost peed my pants when i saw this topic, I can't wait, i'm sure judging by the book its based off of, its going to be another master piece

07.08.2004, 05:56 AM Element is offline   Profile for Element Add Element to your buddy list Homepage of Element AIM Screenname: apocalypsefolife YIM Screenname: oni_aseph
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Roarkiller Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Element
I almost peed my pants when i saw this topic, I can't wait, i'm sure judging by the book its based off of, its going to be another master piece

Cant really say. Unless u wanna judge by the success of Kiki.

The movie should be out by november, so ill prolly be seeing it next april/may since i live in singapore.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

07.08.2004, 07:12 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Unregistered User

Registration Date:
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

it will debut in singapore on 30th December according to http://www.ewcinemas.com.sg/

09.24.2004, 02:25 PM  
Roarkiller
Your Daddy-O

quote:
Originally posted by Guest
it will debut in singapore on 30th December according to http://www.ewcinemas.com.sg/

Eng Wah? Meh, im sure GV will open too. Ill have to keep that date really open.

That synopsis has a small error, the castle isnt ever moving. Damn, Calcifer will really die if it did.

No one else is me.

Roarkiller.net
Isakaya High RPG Site

quote:

09.26.2004, 06:53 AM Roarkiller is offline   Profile for Roarkiller Add Roarkiller to your buddy list Homepage of Roarkiller
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Online Ghibli
Ghibli Tavern is powered by WoltLab, hosted by Teragon Networks